Do you really need to upgrade?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a samsung fan. Have been since the galaxy S4. Back then, it seems like the next iteration was really different. But looking at the S8, I don't see a reason to leave my S7 edge. First of all, we were led to believe that the entire front of this device was going to be all screen. Just like the Mi Mix. Well, it's not. I realize it'll have the 835 chip, but really, how much faster in REAL WORLD TIME will it be. A millisecond? Average consumer won't notice, and for the price of these handsets, won't care. Then there's size. If the screen is larger, but the body isn't, that's cool. But I tried to live with the LG v10 as a backup, and just couldn't stand the shear bulk of that device. The S7 edge has a great screen, fast processor, excellent battery life, sd expansion and a lot more of what one would expect in a top tier phone. I see no reason to give it up. To be honest, none of the Samsung phones include one thing I really want, and that's a true hifi dac AND dolby atmos. That's the reason why I carry 2 phones. My other, is an axon7 that has tremendous audio performance. And to be honest, it's as good a performer in every respect as the S7 edge except for 1 thing, Speed. It's actually faster. Maybe next year when the S9 comes out, it'll really warrant my 1000.00 purchase, but not on the S8.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You make some good points. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade from my S8 for a lot of the same reasons. For me, the speed is good on my S8 as well as the camera and battery life. Unless the S8 has some remarkable advantage over my S8, I'll wait for the next version.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The only reason I have A7 Edge is because my Note 7 was a defective phone so I don't have this phone by choice. If the S8 plus has what I'm looking for, I may upgrade to it as I would be very pleased because it would be upgrading by choice

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I have A7 Edge is because my Note 7 was a defective phone so I don't have this phone by choice. If the S8 plus has what I'm looking for, I may upgrade to it as I would be very pleased because it would be upgrading by choice

A valid reason.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
You make some good points. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade from my S8 for a lot of the same reasons. For me, the speed is good on my S8 as well as the camera and battery life. Unless the S8 has some remarkable advantage over my S8, I'll wait for the next version.

Um....

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not that the SD 835 is faster, it will load apps quicker, multi task better, save battery by using less energy, improve camera features and so on. Just like computer programs, apps get a lot more demanding as phones get faster to run them.

Oh yeah...and it also has QC 4.0.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Now we need a tuned cooler and months of testing, development and OS 8.

Packs a lot to deliver speed, 4k. So giving it until 2018 to mature. It's built for ext generation in so many was.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If I wasn't planning on switching carriers, I would gladly stick with my S7, but I figure since I am going to change carriers may as well wait until the S8 is out and get that instead which will take me from the odd numbered Galaxies to the even numbered ones.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm a samsung fan. Have been since the galaxy S4. Back then, it seems like the next iteration was really different. But looking at the S8, I don't see a reason to leave my S7 edge. First of all, we were led to believe that the entire front of this device was going to be all screen. Just like the Mi Mix. Well, it's not. I realize it'll have the 835 chip, but really, how much faster in REAL WORLD TIME will it be. A millisecond? Average consumer won't notice, and for the price of these handsets, won't care. Then there's size. If the screen is larger, but the body isn't, that's cool. But I tried to live with the LG v10 as a backup, and just couldn't stand the shear bulk of that device. The S7 edge has a great screen, fast processor, excellent battery life, sd expansion and a lot more of what one would expect in a top tier phone. I see no reason to give it up. To be honest, none of the Samsung phones include one thing I really want, and that's a true hifi dac AND dolby atmos. That's the reason why I carry 2 phones. My other, is an axon7 that has tremendous audio performance. And to be honest, it's as good a performer in every respect as the S7 edge except for 1 thing, Speed. It's actually faster. Maybe next year when the S9 comes out, it'll really warrant my 1000.00 purchase, but not on the S8.

Same

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Folks around here, and they probably don't want to hear it...

They upgrade to have the latest, greatest, newest device to keep up with the Jonses on the forum, FB, social media, in life.

Unless you really need to upgrade, why do it? The next latest and greatest is just a few months away anyway.

My Note 5 64GB is blazing fast, reliable, great audio, display is about as good as it gets...

When Google and Verizon stop their updates... then I'll get the latest and greatest. And move the Note 5 to backup role.

YMMV. 😉 It's your money... have at it and have fun!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

As u know i sold my s7 edge for axon7 limited edition so looking forward to s8 but after I saw the leaks... I find it far from a beauty to ugly... Soo leaning towards LG G6 which has 64gb audio dac and dual camera set up

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As u know i sold my s7 edge for axon7 limited edition so looking forward to s8 but after I saw the leaks... I find it far from a beauty to ugly... Soo leaning towards LG G6 which has 64gb audio dac and dual camera set up

Don't forget that audio dac will not be in the USA version of the G6, only Asia. If you have the axon7, why would you upgrade? It's an awesome phone. Very fast(faster than my S7 edge), plenty of storage, and it has the hifi dacs and dolby atmos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma