04-18-2017 07:22 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    Samsung isn't afraid of LG, not even close. I'm sorry, but LG has consistently made defective or failed phones. Anyone who has used LG knows about the bootloop issues and then the failed mod G5. The G6 is a decent phone, but the V10 to me still is king.

The S8 feels perfect in the hand, The G6 feels thick and dull.
    04-04-2017 05:42 PM
    yeah i've worked with IT and along with the companies I've worked with and dealt with others, iPhones are the primary phones deployed and for good reason. When there is an issue... it's usually comes down to the user
    Ya but all they are good for is phone calls and email!
    04-04-2017 05:43 PM
    Samsung is aiming for 60 million units I believe. LG no way looking for numbers like that. I read the G2 sold around 3 million units. The G3 next year sold 10 million. Probably years forward spotty up to the G5 last year.

LG did ok with the V20 and people looking forward to V30. The G6 is a very positive reset and if stays a solid phone all the reviews have shown they will sell their millions. They'll drop the price in a 4-6 months and still keep selling well and get their numbers and get the phones out. And if they can continue to build on a solid phone... G7 better dual cameras, 64gb storage, 6gb ram, stereo speakers, better battery... tweak the design they have to be sleeker, then they will build from the G6 numbers like they did from the G2.

They won't get S8 numbers... no one will except Apple. But if. throwing out a number, they sell 10 million this year, sold 5-10 million V20s... that's 10-20 million less phones that could have gone to Samsung. OnePlus sells 3-5 Million 4s, Huawei sells a millions, Xiaomi, etc... the Android pie just gets smaller and smaller. That's what Samsung is worried about... that everyone is building a competitive phone.

It does. iPhone is more dependable but does far fewer things. I recommend iPhone to people who don't use their phones for work. I can do much more because I can share the same file in multiple applications. I also enjoy on screen widgets. All my wife does is take pictures. Use email. And surf the web. iPhone is perfect for her. She gets 3 days without even charging the thing.
    I download data from work to my downloads folder. Copy and paste part of it to Excel for some crunching then copy and paste to Word. On iPhone the file I download stays in Puffin. It doesn't even go to a download folder I can access from other apps.
    04-04-2017 05:47 PM
    Ya but all they are good for is phone calls and email!
    How so?
    04-17-2017 11:36 AM
    Very little user customization possible. Downloads stored in browser instead of phone making it difficult to access from multiple apps. I need Puffin to download spreadsheets from work then they are stored by Puffin not in a downloads folder on phone. I don't even know if that is secure.

I really really hate itunes method of putting pdf in my bookcase.

I like on screen widgets. I prefer a bigger screen with smaller bezels for watching videos.

Most people I know if iphone use it for games, email, texts, social media and phone calls.
    04-17-2017 11:45 AM
    Very little user customization possible. Downloads stored in browser instead of phone making it difficult to access from multiple apps. I need Puffin to download spreadsheets from work then they are stored by Puffin not in a downloads folder on phone. I don't even know if that is secure.

I really really hate itunes method of putting pdf in my bookcase.

I like on screen widgets. I prefer a bigger screen with smaller bezels for watching videos.

Most people I know if iphone use it for games, email, texts, social media and phone calls.
    Because you can't "customize" an iPhone to the level of an Android phone, you can't be productive?

We're company of 40K+. If you don't BYOD, you get an iPhone. For all roles, iPhones can do everything we need it to and can do it securely.

PDFs? Office. Google Drive.
    04-17-2017 12:22 PM
    This is a good question.

I think Samsung, as a company and a phone manufacturer, is probably not scared of anything. It's so large and also handles appliances, TV's, and other electronics. I'm sure it can hold its ground.

However, the G6 is looking really good, and it seems to have sold well so far. And, coupled with the Note 7 incident, Samsung may be a little nervous. But I think both phones can go head-to-head this iteration; unlike in previous ones, where Samsung was the obvious winner.
    04-18-2017 07:05 PM
    Samsung may have been worried about whether their customers would defect to other major brands like LG after the battery fiasco of last year, but I suspect their initial sales figures for the S8 in Korea, the US, and elsewhere has allayed those fears....
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:09 PM
    Samsung moves, what, 6 times as many units as LG. Scared? Hardly.
    04-18-2017 07:22 PM
84 ... 234