Is Samsung afraid of LG G6 this time

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
They won't. We pretty much know everything. But I find small details like camera features and fun ways they will exploit the new aspect ratio, still fun to hear.

Same, S7 presentation was very good, despite me knowing all details, it still felt interesting, same will go for S8 probs.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I think G6 looks more appealing .... In India we will get 64gb version with audio dac and all... Only thing missing is wireless charging. .that I can live with

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think G6 looks more appealing .... In India we will get 64gb version with audio dac and all... Only thing missing is wireless charging. .that I can live with
Wish LG could show the same initiative in the USA. The USA G6 is pretty boring, a 2016 phone shipping in 2017.

prateek sisodia

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
G6 for sure is the best attempt by LG and may beat Samsung in look and feel but Samsung had a master stroke, an exclusive launch deal for Snapdragon 835. For some the processor may be just one feature but for most it is a thing that will make them prefer S8 over G6

Rose640

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
The way I see it: NO.
I'll admit, G6 is everything but a bad phone. It's pretty, has a great screen in a small body, should be super ergonomical and has pretty much top notch specs. Except for one. SD 821. Okay, it's not a bad processor. I know. It'll definitely do the job. But no matter how good it is, it still isn't as good as 835 just for sake of being 835. Why am I saying this? Well, if they already got beaten in the processor race, and had to opt for an older piece of hardware, shouldn't that had affected the price? Again, the way I see it: YES. Is the phone any cheapr? NO.

Besides all, Samsung is still going to crush LG with their marketing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, but I still don't see why anyone with a phone that is less than 12-16 months old would be interested in the G6.

It just may be their cup of tea. It obviously isn't yours but that is okay .. They would be buying the phone for their reasons.. Not yours ;).

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It also depends on what one needs flat screen Vs curved... Dual camera Vs single... I had a s7 edge.. Edge screen doesn't add anything extra function... I have axon 7 and will mostly buy G6 as 2nd phone

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It also depends on what one needs flat screen Vs curved... Dual camera Vs single... I had a s7 edge.. Edge screen doesn't add anything extra function... I have axon 7 and will mostly buy G6 as 2nd phone

Screens don't really add function either way. They are simply an aesthetic and viewing choice. Kinda like smaller bezels.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The G6 will do well and the S8 will do better, however I think LG is really doing what it takes to get recognition.

Mustaffa q

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Samsung shouldn't be afraid of the lg g6 because samsung has a really good track record of overtaking lg when it comes to the smartphone game but i have to admit the lg g6 sure is one hell of a steller decice with improved yet stupendous design great utilization of screen realestate if LG gets the pricing of the g6 right between 500-650 dollars it is going to be a great buy and in doing so it can give the s8 a hard time.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Samsung shouldn't be afraid of the lg g6 because samsung has a really good track record of overtaking lg when it comes to the smartphone game but i have to admit the lg g6 sure is one hell of a steller decice with improved yet stupendous design great utilization of screen realestate if LG gets the pricing of the g6 right between 500-650 dollars it is going to be a great buy and in doing so it can give the s8 a hard time.

Bro the US price is out and it's around 600 to 650$ that's great pricing s8 will start from 800$ I guess

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1