White and gold S8 looks hideous?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's a heap of holes for sensors.

And it looks real goofy, much like my white Moto Z with its exposed IR sensors and microphones. Eugh.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I found any phone ugly... But S8 is looking too weird and ugly... The G6 looks 100 times better... Was Soo looking forward to S8...90% going G6

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Those S8 pics are just really bad views/angles of the phone. But the closer we get to S8 release and the more I'm liking the look of the G6 display and body... the more I'm not feeling the look and curves on the S8 series.

Besides the curved glass, the LCD panel corners are now curved to a-la G6 screen that follows the curved edges of the frame. Maybe they just overdid it with the curves? And with 90% screen just wondering if going to have a lot of touch issues.

Really liked the Note 7 design the best. But guess have to wait and see and hold one in person.

24-hours-samusng-galaxy-note-7-780.jpg

gs8-gn7-gs8p-720x720.jpg

g6-review-22.jpg

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Those S8 pics are just really bad views/angles of the phone. But the closer we get to S8 release and the more I'm liking the look of the G6 display and body... the more I'm not feeling the look and curves on the S8 series.

Besides the curved glass, the LCD panel corners are now curved to a-la G6 screen that follows the curved edges of the frame. Maybe they just overdid it with the curves? And with 90% screen just wondering if going to have a lot of touch issues.

Really liked the Note 7 design the best. But guess have to wait and see and hold one in person.

View attachment 254374

View attachment 254377

View attachment 254375

I'm really impressed with the G6. It looks great. LG hit the design out of the park. I kind of wish the S8/S8+ followed the same design as the Note 7.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The G6 does get the style and beauty points this year, and they needed it.

But at the end of the day, which will be the better device? I wouldn't bet against the S8.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The G6 does get the style and beauty points this year, and they needed it.

But at the end of the day, which will be the better device? I wouldn't bet against the S8.

Not only does the G6 looks better, it also has the dual 13MP camera. Trust me you will enjoy the wide angle camera and use it all the time.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Not only does the G6 looks better, it also has the dual 13MP camera. Trust me you will enjoy the wide angle camera and use it all the time.

I honestly dont think the g6 looks better, while the s8 with the white and gold screen protectors look crappy I'll wait and see the the final product without the hideous screen protector to judge.

I think the g6 looks good, but the black s8 looks awesome to me.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Agreed but with that logic you better hope that Samsung has figured out the fire problem on their phones or the s8 will be a big gamble. lol.

Difference is, Samsung has publically addressed the issue, and major steps have been taken to prevent another disaster. And they've shown us those steps.

LG.... questions still remain. I'd like to at least see some LG representatives address the issue and explain why this won't happen on the G6.

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I meant performance . Plus, has LG solved it's bootloop issues? It's a very expensive gamble to take.

Bigger gamble than batteries exploding? I think everyone took that gamble with the Note 7 lol but for real this time, they are double checking each phone for issues and the release date has been delayed because of it (also kept the battery capacity at 3000 mAh to be safe). About the LG bootloop, yes, they have. The LG G5 has not gotten a bootloop as well as the V20 as of yet. The bootloop was due to the processor used in the G4 and V10, it overheated and damaged the chip. The USB C charging port and Snapdragon 820 runs much cooler than before and they have fixed the issue.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Bigger gamble than batteries exploding? I think everyone took that gamble with the Note 7 lol but for real this time, they are double checking each phone for issues and the release date has been delayed because of it (also kept the battery capacity at 3000 mAh to be safe). About the LG bootloop, yes, they have. The LG G5 has not gotten a bootloop as well as the V20 as of yet. The bootloop was due to the processor used in the G4 and V10, it overheated and damaged the chip. The USB C charging port and Snapdragon 820 runs much cooler than before and they have fixed the issue.

The people who got burned by the G4 don't care.

I already explained the difference between them and Samsung above.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen a gold phone that does not look awful and tacky. I think most white phones look boring and show every spec of dirt.