Anyone considering the G6 over the s8/s8 plus

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was curious if anyone is considering the G6 over the s8 or S8 Plus due to the price increases. If lets say the S8 Plus is over $900 will you consider the G6 over the Galaxy? It looks tempting especially since the rumored price is pretty good.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I already ordered the G6 through Verizon and will be here on the 30th. $200 cheaper than the S8. I will give it a 14 day test drive. If I like it, I will keep it and not get the S8. I done being worked over by the phone makers. Every year, their flagship gets closer to $1000. I'm done paying that much for a smartphone.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I already ordered the G6 through Verizon and will be here on the 30th. $200 cheaper than the S8. I will give it a 14 day test drive. If I like it, I will keep it and not get the S8. I done being worked over by the phone makers. Every year, their flagship gets closer to $1000. I'm done paying that much for a smartphone.
I see that the VZW G6 supports wireless charging, but I can't find anywhere if it supports Fast wireless charging. Any idea?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan on getting an S8, I don't like curved screens. But I have less than zero interest in the G6. The USA version of the G6 to me looks like a 2016 phone released in 2017. The reviews praise it, but when you read them the bottom line seems to say it's an ok phone. I personally think at the current price vs features it is over priced. I have no doubt that by summer the G6 will be available for big discounts.

Hopefully by summer LG will release the Korean features in a USA model.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Leaning towards G6 due to price and dual cameras. You'd be surprised by how often you'll use the wide angle camera. S8 doesn't look that impressive, might as well get an S7 Edge.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Leaning towards G6 due to price and dual cameras. You'd be surprised by how often you'll use the wide angle camera. S8 doesn't look that impressive, might as well get an S7 Edge.
I guess we can all see things differently. I see nothing including the price attractive about the G6. The S8 looks very impressive to me, a true 2017 flagship phone. I just don't like the curved screen.

Personally I would (and might) buy the V20 over the G6. Way more impressive phone to me.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I was curious if anyone is considering the G6 over the s8 or S8 Plus due to the price increases. If lets say the S8 Plus is over $900 will you consider the G6 over the Galaxy? It looks tempting especially since the rumored price is pretty good.

I am weighing it. I have an S7 that I've had in a drawer for a bit, but started using again after selling my V20 (waaaay too big) to possibly buy the G6. Funny thing is, I love this S7. I like what the G6 looks like and I really like LGs UI, but I am hesitating. The S7 is solid and the S8 looks cool, so I am going to wait.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the G6 is a legit contender. But I'd caution fence sitters to at least wait till the 29th before making a decision. The G6 isn't going anywhere

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
G6 at least in Europe has awful features and price, they took away the good stuff and gave you an OK phone for flagship price, V20 is better than G6 in terms of value per money...

Wouldn't buy G6 over S7E and of course not over S8, but as for the moment i have Mate 9 so idc about S8 or G6 :)

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
No because of that ridiculous non removable battery, 1 year old soc and their nice this country is getting feature a but not b...

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the G6 is a legit contender. But I'd caution fence sitters to at least wait till the 29th before making a decision. The G6 isn't going anywhere
Agreed. Not sure why anyone would make a decision before the S8 is even announced.
The leaks don't mention any of the updated software features.
Secondly, to answer the OP's question...of course some people will consider the G6 over the S8. It's called choices, and just be lucky Android has lots to choose from. Everyone's tastes are different. There is no one perfect phone for everyone.
If you value wide angle pictures and a flat screen, you might lean towards the G6.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That ridiculous 3300 mah battery is still higher than the rumored 3000 mah battery in the S8 and just under the 3500 battery in the S8+... and to put in better perspective... the S7 Edge has a 3600 mah battery with a smaller screen than the + it's being replaced with.

As far as features A has but not B even if subtle... Samsung did that last year too... their European S7 with Exynos has DAC built into processor while the SD820 does not. I haven't read whether the 835 S8 will have a hifi DAC.

With that said I'm still waiting for press release and some reviews to see... battery is extremely important to me. If they go a step back and it is another S6 in terms of battery... no way then.

No because of that ridiculous non removable battery, 1 year old soc and their nice this country is getting feature a but not b...

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If I get the G6 over either of the S8s, it'll be because of price; however, I like the features the S8s may come with this year, such as the iris scanner, the facial recognition, and the rear fingerprint sensor (despite the placement).

I'm going to wait until the 29th (10 days!) before I make a decision.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If I get the G6 over either of the S8s, it'll be because of price; however, I like the features the S8s may come with this year, such as the iris scanner, the facial recognition, and the rear fingerprint sensor (despite the placement).

I'm going to wait until the 29th (10 days!) before I make a decision.

The Iris scanner I wasn't a huge fan of on my Note 7. I wear contacts which it would work, but if I didn't have my contacts in it didn't work plus it seemed to take longer unlocking it that way.

The main reason I want the S8 Plus is for the AMOLED display and big screen. I prefer flat screen so hence why G6 might be a cheaper option.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The Iris scanner I wasn't a huge fan of on my Note 7. I wear contacts which it would work, but if I didn't have my contacts in it didn't work plus it seemed to take longer unlocking it that way.

The main reason I want the S8 Plus is for the AMOLED display and big screen. I prefer flat screen so hence why G6 might be a cheaper option.

I prefer the IPS LCD displays. They don't have burn-in problems like the AMOLED screens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca