Official Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumor Roundup Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Ouch! I like all that I see about the S8+ except this. That's a lot to put out, even for a flagship. It makes me wonder what the Note8 will run.

That is converting from the euro price so I wouldn't say that is the US price. IMO I'd say around $870 for S8 Plus. Again I don't see how you can up the price that much over the Note 7 since the s8 does not have the Spen feature which adds to the cost. Then you got LG that is able to price the G6 so low. They want to make big profits off this and make up for Note 7 sales. I think it's a bad move. Hopefully they offer a discount for people who sticked with Samsung and got an S7 or S7 edge in place of the Note after the recall.

meco1125

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I really want to have this phone. It would be a great replacement for my S6 Edge. The specs is a beast and I like the design..

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
These manufacturers are getting more and more greedy but the day... 1000 bucks for a phone? No, thanks

IF it is that much for it I just might pick up a G6 AND then buy a Tab s3 and have two new devices for just a couple hundred more. That way I get my spen fix because you know the Note 8 will cost a Kings ransom then.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
It's fine, they can charge what they think the market will bear. If enough consumers decide that is to high then they will drop the price. My guess is it will sell just fine at the price point they set.

I am a former Note7 owner, i preorderd the note7 and then swapped it out for the replacement note7. I kept using my replacement note7 until the end of January when verizon cut me off. Even after all that i am still looking forward to the S8 and will most likely preorder that phone.

Sure a discount would be nice and i would take it in a heartbeat, but i am not expecting one.

pgawk

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Don't know if anyone saw the American Target catalogue that gave a sneak peak of the S8 but it looks like they get a free VR with pre orders of the S8. Telstra's offering a free tv with people who sing up for $95+ plans on the LG G6 and they're giving away a google home with G6 preorders over in the US so hopefully there'll be a competitive bonus added to encourage people to pre order the S8 here in Aus

Kontos

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
The troubling thing is these VR headsets they're giving away with pre-orders are becoming obsolete within a year. The Gear VR headset I got with my S7 Edge won't even work with the S8 :-$

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
It should be also waterproof, BT 5.0, Iris scanner and I think I'm missing something.

But so far it looks like it will be Daydream compatible and of course GearVR compatible and that's something amazing for me, you know why ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci