Samsung Galaxy S8 Launch Date

joparksc

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am still running a Note 4 and wanted to buy the Note 7, but now glad I waited a little bit! I love the look of the S8 but need to actually hold it in my hand before I commit. I do not know if I will wait for the next Note, although I use the S pen every day. I also hope the back is flat enough to set on the desk and be stable; and it needs to be something solid or it will end up in a case. At least our wait is almost over!

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, for the first Samsung phones that goes bezelless, it's worth waiting. But for the display ratio is kinda odd, isn't it?

Well LG beat Samsung on the display ratio front,didn't it. I mean, if Samsung is indeed launching the S8 in the 2:1 ratio or "18:9" and the huge torrent of leaks suggests that it would do so, then we have already seen that ratio in the G6 and it doesn't look bad especially with the software optimizations that LG has implemented..Hopefully Samsung will use the ratio in an innovative manner as well.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone of a link for tomorrow's Samaung announcement by chance ? All I know is that it's at 1100am Eastern time correct me uf I'm wrong ? Thanks in advance

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
As this is being livestreamed from New York, it will be at a convenient time here in Mumbai (8:30 pm). Apple events, on the other hand,start at 10 :30 pm and run till 12:30 pm, as they are conducted from the West coast...

roberttflash

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes, indeed... I think the 18:9 will be the next trend for the couple of years. But notice that Samsung S8 is little bit different from LG G6, which has 18.5:9 ratio. So far no apps or games can't use the display whole fully. I can't wait for the review on AC about this phone, though.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nah I preordered the G6 to pass the time, lol. I got jump on demand so it's not really gonna cost me anything.

If you ordered your G6 over the phone like I did, they'll waive the restocking fee if you're in the 14-day return window. Was just going to JUMP! too, but that would've been a waste of the $57 deposit I made when I ordered the G6. They've even sent me a return label, so I lose no money in the process, and I have until 4/11 to ship it back. If the S8 happens to arrive early, then my window of not having a phone greatly narrows from the original 9-day projection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy