04-16-2017 11:03 PM
143 ... 456
tools
    Just got my pre-order in. I went with the s8+. I know I would been just fine with the s8 but when your holding both side by side there's no way I can't pick the larger of the two. Besides it's really not that bad in the hand for a big screen phone
    Totally agree. I get that some people like smaller phones. I have big hands and even though I have several tablets I rarely use them because my larger format phones fill my needs 99% of the time. I was floored by how small the S8+ felt in my hand.
    03-30-2017 03:27 PM
    I just pulled the trigger on the S8 Black. I figured with the Note 8 around the corner, I could save $100. I'm using the S7E now which is about the same size with smaller screen.
    03-30-2017 07:20 PM
    I have a Note 7 and I held it up against an s8+ at BB. S8+ feels exactly the same width, and looks about 5mm taller than the Note 7. The extra height is barely noticeable in my hands

The screen on the S8+ is the same width as the Note 7 screen, and looks about 6mm taller.

I will try to take pictures tomorrow and post them tomorrow
    04-11-2017 07:34 PM
    I just pulled the trigger on the S8 Black. I figured with the Note 8 around the corner, I could save $100. I'm using the S7E now which is about the same size with smaller screen.
    I started out exactly as you. I have 7edge. Ordered s8 before seeing in person. Saw both in person so cancelled s8 and preordered s8 plus. Lol
    04-11-2017 07:37 PM
    I started out exactly as you. I have 7edge. Ordered s8 before seeing in person. Saw both in person so cancelled s8 and preordered s8 plus. Lol
    You made the right decision
    Guys go to the store and hold both phones in your hands
    And you'll realize the s8+ is the way to go
    04-11-2017 10:43 PM
    I FINALLY got a chance to see the device and wow most of you were right I can't believe how small the S8+ is, I preordered the S8 not sure if I can change my order
    04-12-2017 12:54 PM
    Yup, once I held one, it was smaller than an IPhone 7 Plus, and I went with the 8+. I love the resolution of the screen. Held it up to my cracked screen HTC One M8 and could not believe how much clearer, brighter, sharper it was. Even when compared to the Iphone 7 Plus
    04-12-2017 02:28 PM
    Yup, once I held one, it was smaller than an IPhone 7 Plus, and I went with the 8+. I love the resolution of the screen. Held it up to my cracked screen HTC One M8 and could not believe how much clearer, brighter, sharper it was. Even when compared to the Iphone 7 Plus
    Its also much nicer than my v20. I like the v20 but really prefer samsung phones, especially when they have larger devices available again.
    04-12-2017 02:33 PM
    Its also much nicer than my v20. I like the v20 but really prefer samsung phones, especially when they have larger devices available again.
    Plus notification led is very important to me. As long as the Samsungs keep it I will most likely stay with them for that reason alone
    04-12-2017 02:37 PM
    I FINALLY got a chance to see the device and wow most of you were right I can't believe how small the S8+ is, I preordered the S8 not sure if I can change my order
    depends on your carrier, but Id imagine you could change it, BUT, you may be delayed in getting it right away........
    04-12-2017 02:58 PM
    depends on your carrier, but Id imagine you could change it, BUT, you may be delayed in getting it right away........
    I preordered through best buy I'll see what I can do
    04-12-2017 04:29 PM
    I preordered through best buy I'll see what I can do
    Done deal! Changed to S8+ in black can't wait
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-13-2017 08:30 PM
    I was debating up to the last moment before I put in my pre-order in-store. I held dummy units for both models and I must say that the extra screen real estate on the + was nice and the thought of the extra battery was very compelling, but I just didn't see $100 plus more phone in the S8+ over the S8. I also could handle the overall size of the + but the S8 in hand feel was MUCH more natural and comfortable and I could even reach that crappily placed fingerprint sensor with minimal effort. So.....there you have it. Orchid Gray S8 coming to my greasy mitts soon!
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-15-2017 05:39 AM
    Done deal! Changed to S8+ in black can't wait
    Once I switched I felt a lot more at ease and now excited
    04-15-2017 05:41 AM
    I was debating up to the last moment before I put in my pre-order in-store. I held dummy units for both models and I must say that the extra screen real estate on the + was nice and the thought of the extra battery was very compelling, but I just didn't see $100 plus more phone in the S8+ over the S8. I also could handle the overall size of the + but the S8 in hand feel was MUCH more natural and comfortable and I could even reach that crappily placed fingerprint sensor with minimal effort. So.....there you have it. Orchid Gray S8 coming to my greasy mitts soon!
    Are you going to have cases with it
    04-15-2017 05:42 AM
    Curious what others think - will the larger screen size offset the larger battery in the S8+? In other words, will the S8+ have significantly more battery life than the S8 or will the larger screen eat away at any benefits gained from the larger battery?
    Excellent consideration. I think because the S8+ will have to push that many more pixels over the screen area of the phone, the extra battery won't make a huge difference between the two models. If it comes down to getting about the same or slightly less battery life overall, I come down on the side of the S8 every time.
    04-15-2017 05:48 AM
    Excellent consideration. I think because the S8+ will have to push that many more pixels over the screen area of the phone, the extra battery won't make a huge difference between the two models. If it comes down to getting about the same or slightly less battery life overall, I come down on the side of the S8 every time.
    I've watched a few of the battery test videos/articles and the screen on time of the s8+ was around 7 1/2 to the 5 1/2 of the s8. Both impressive but the extra capacity does seem to be holding its own in this case. I don't think the larger screen is taking that much if a toll on the battery and it looks like the S835 is doing a great job with power consumption around the board
    04-15-2017 08:56 AM
    I've watched a few of the battery test videos/articles and the screen on time of the s8+ was around 7 1/2 to the 5 1/2 of the s8. Both impressive but the extra capacity does seem to be holding its own in this case. I don't think the larger screen is taking that much if a toll on the battery and it looks like the S835 is doing a great job with power consumption around the board
    Interesting...we'll see if that holds up over time. Battery testing can be pretty subjective and in general a larger juicepack should allow the S8+ to last longer, however with fast charge and wireless charging I still personally don't see shelling out the extra $100 for the larger phone. For many I think it will come down to preference.
    04-16-2017 11:03 PM
143 ... 456