11-20-2019 09:07 PM
128 ... 23456
tools
    I've changed cases again haha

Gone for the Otterbox Strada this time and love it!

It's a very well made case, fits very well indeed, full coverage of the phone in the internal rubber holder and the leather front covers the screen very well indeed, with no movement or slackness and the magnetic clash really holds it closed tightly. Closes with a very satisfying 'click'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OtterBox-St...cUvbUpU5809998

Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S8+-case1.jpg
    Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S8+-case2.jpg

I did order the UAG Metropolis Feather Light case, in Magma, as well; both arrived at the same time and IMO are chalk and cheese!

The UAG case is very nice, but the front cover is very loose and moves about a lot, the magnetic tab that holds it closed folds over and doesn't really make the front cover taut. IMO, this will let in debris with a potential to scratch the screen! A big no no!!!
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    05-11-2017 06:38 AM
    Gone for the Otterbox Strada this time and love it!
    It's a very well made case, fits very well indeed, full coverage of the phone in the internal rubber holder and the leather front covers the screen very well indeed, with no movement or slackness and the magnetic clash really holds it closed tightly. Closes with a very satisfying 'click'
    Thanks much for this . . . I had no idea that OB makes leather cases! Since I'm using an S8+ temporarily till the Note8 is released, I shall await the Note8 to order one of these cases---and I can hardly wait
    05-11-2017 08:14 PM
    If you are into the looks and not just extra protection like me I think that I found the perfect cover for me, the OEM Clear protective cover, wow, the look and in hand feeling is incredible. I'm always looking for just Clear TPU cases but after having this same cover for the S7 edge I knew that i needed this on the S8+.

Now it's even better because now it comes with the color of your phone and man, the orchid grey one is stunning. pictures don't make it justice and they look even purple on the pictures but in person is a beautiful blueish color, there haven't been a single person that have seen it and haven't told me how great it looks, and being so thin basically you feel you are just holding your phone.

Amazon has it, so if you want to try it, here it's the link (you can change it to your color on their page).

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Samsung-Galaxy-Protective-EF-QG955CVEGWW/dp/B01MYFF1BQ/ref=sr_1_9/136-3211206-1642705?ie=UTF8&qid=1494695756&sr=8-9&keywords=samsung+clear+protective+galaxy+s8%2B
    05-13-2017 12:20 PM
    I'm up to three cases so far for my S8+. I seem to have a bad habit of dropping my phone - smashed my PRIV screen twice. So I'm not taking any chances this time...

Picked up the Otterbox Symmertry when I got the phone and put that on right away. Nice but felt the back was too slippery. Wanted something that was more grippy.

Then I got the Otterbox Defender. That is some next level protection. Love it and it's become my daily driver. The grippy back is perfect. Only annoyance is access to the ports - covered by rubber flaps. Considering trimming them.

Recently got the Spigen Tough Armor. Love the kick stand but it does not feel as protective as the Defender...

Am now thinking of trying out the UAG Monarch.

Added a Spigen Style ring to my Otterbox Defender. Very cool device for safer one-handed operation.

Spigen Style Ring: https://www.spigen.com/products/style-ring
    05-14-2017 12:26 PM
    I'm up to three cases so far for my S8+. I seem to have a bad habit of dropping my phone - smashed my PRIV screen twice. So I'm not taking any chances this time...

Picked up the Otterbox Symmertry when I got the phone and put that on right away. Nice but felt the back was too slippery. Wanted something that was more grippy.

Then I got the Otterbox Defender. That is some next level protection. Love it and it's become my daily driver. The grippy back is perfect. Only annoyance is access to the ports - covered by rubber flaps. Considering trimming them.

Recently got the Spigen Tough Armor. Love the kick stand but it does not feel as protective as the Defender...

Am now thinking of trying out the UAG Monarch.

Added a Spigen Style ring to my Otterbox Defender. Very cool device for safer one-handed operation.

Spigen Style Ring: https://www.spigen.com/products/style-ring
    For protection, I don't think anything beats the defender. It feels nice in the hands, too. What not to like?
    shabbs likes this.
    05-14-2017 04:26 PM
    Oh I quite like my UAG cover! I see what you mean that the front cover seems to be a bit of an afterthought but I prefer it over the look and feel of the standard UAG. Haven't experienced any debris so far, hoping it will be fine :P

Also got another case this weekend, Olixar FlexiShield in purple:

Might not be to everyone's taste but I am in love with how shiny this purple is.
    felloffthetruck and sqa4life like this.
    05-15-2017 06:16 AM
    Any chance that there is a case that works well with Gear VR? Taking my phone out of the OB every time I want to use it is frustrating!
    05-15-2017 11:41 AM
    Very cool to see others embracing the Strada!

Absolutely love mine. I didn't care for these type of cases in the past (used mostly Defender/Commuter), but I decided to not use a screen protector with the S8+ and this is the one case which gives me peace of mind considering it is the most expensive phone I've ever had.
    05-15-2017 11:58 AM
    Any chance that there is a case that works well with Gear VR? Taking my phone out of the OB every time I want to use it is frustrating!
    Same here. I use a Defender so that isn't practical. Luckily I kept my S7 Edge which I can use with it and keep it out of the case. However the Gear VR is overrated I think. Technology is still too new. Give it a couple more years.
    05-15-2017 04:34 PM
    I have a unicorn beetle black case and a clear with black supported bumper case by Caseology.
    05-15-2017 09:50 PM
    Using the Ringke Slim on mine - that and the Sammy OEM clear cover - I like minimalistic, and these two work for me - I have a silver S8+
    afctee likes this.
    05-16-2017 09:15 AM
    Ringke Slim is one of my favorites.
    afctee likes this.
    05-16-2017 09:57 AM
    Got my UAG Monarch today... love it. Will give it a go as my daily case. Not as bulky as the Otterbox Defender but still feels solid and grips well.
    05-16-2017 06:42 PM
    For protection, I don't think anything beats the defender. It feels nice in the hands, too. What not to like?
    Only thing that bugs me about the Defender is that it's pretty bulky and the ports are not readily accessible as they are covered up (yes, I understand that is the point of the Defender).
    05-16-2017 06:44 PM
    Hi, my name is Greg and I'm a caseaholic. Got a few and thought I'd share.

Seidio Surface Kickstand Combo Cell Phone Case + Holster for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - Black
    Haven't got it yet but bought mostly for the belt holster, usually other style cases fit it.

Galaxy S8 Plus Case, MoKo Crystal Clear TPU Bumper Gel Case Shockproof TPE Edge + Rigid PC Hard Back Cover for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus 6.2 Inch (2017) - Black
    So far this is my daily driver, the edges are have a good grip and feel, the black edges on the inside cover up the sine of the S8 plus nicely and hard clear back shows off your color. Also the corners have a nice extra layer of soft TPU for drop protection.

UAG Samsung Galaxy S8+ [6.2-inch screen] Plasma Feather-Light Rugged [ASH] Military Drop Tested Phone Case
    Always wanted to try one but overall not impressed for the price. Looks OK, protection on the corners feels good and sturdy. The back plastic feels cheap. I'll hang onto it for that futuristic look.

Spigen Thin Fit Galaxy S8 Plus Case with SF Coated Non Slip Matte Surface for Excellent Grip and QNMP Compatible for Galaxy S8 Plus (2017) - Black
    Offers no real drop protection but I always like to have a very thin case to protect it from minor bumps while in my pocket. This is my go to case when I carry the phone in my pocket.

Spigen Rugged Armor Galaxy S8 Plus Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Carbon Fiber Design for Galaxy S8 Plus (2017) - Black
    Always had this case on my S7 Edge and Note 5, figured I had to have it for my S8 Plus. Little thicker than the Spigen thin fit case and offer some drop protection, somewhere between the Thin fit and Moko Crystal TPU, easly fit's in the pocket and easy to hold, not too slippery.

That's it for now.
    05-17-2017 11:27 AM
    Only thing that bugs me about the Defender is that it's pretty bulky and the ports are not readily accessible as they are covered up (yes, I understand that is the point of the Defender).
    This version of the Defender is not bulky
    dpadams6 likes this.
    05-18-2017 06:41 AM
    Very cool to see others embracing the Strada!

Absolutely love mine. I didn't care for these type of cases in the past (used mostly Defender/Commuter), but I decided to not use a screen protector with the S8+ and this is the one case which gives me peace of mind considering it is the most expensive phone I've ever had.
    I like the idea of the Strada and the card slot would come in real handy however I think the flap would drive me crazy
    05-18-2017 06:42 AM
    This version of the Defender is not bulky
    It's been a while since I've had a Defender on my phone...
    05-18-2017 08:43 AM
    Nillkin ultra thin soft tpu S8+
    05-20-2017 03:17 AM
    I had the Supcase unicorn beatle pro for the note 7 and it was a pretty good case with a belt clip. It's already available on Amazon for the s8+. Still waiting on Spigen to release on Amazon in the US.
    Selected the Supcase Unicorn Beetle series case for my 8+, black border with translucent back panel, and a Spigen Neo Flex screen protector for the front.
    05-20-2017 10:12 PM
    Selected the Supcase Unicorn Beetle series case for my 8+, black border with translucent back panel, and a Spigen Neo Flex screen protector for the front.
    Any photos with the neo flex on by any chance?
    05-20-2017 10:14 PM
    05-21-2017 08:55 PM
    I bought the Ringke Slim case. Fits perfectly...
    05-25-2017 10:56 PM
    I'm getting the black defender case today so I'll report on that soon
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-26-2017 04:56 AM
    Ordered the maxboost duraslim case with holster (if you're into that sort of thing) and it's pretty awesome. It protects well and is slim. The holster itself is pretty solid. Has a crazy good ratings on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Maxboost-Prot...cUvbUpU5829298

Edit. Just saw that the OP was looking for s8+. Sorry about that. The s8+ version is rated just as highly however.
    SILVERSLEEPER484 likes this.
    05-26-2017 04:36 PM
128 ... 23456