04-04-2017 02:31 PM
50 12
tools
  1. Angelo Joseph Vargas Vibal IV's Avatar
    Can the S8 beat the iPhone 8?
    03-25-2017 04:46 AM
    Oh yes, it's far superior! ;-)
    03-25-2017 05:02 AM
    That's completely subjective really. There are avid android fans and avid iPhone fans on both sides. For me though I'd go for the S8 Plus hands down over iphone.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-25-2017 05:37 AM
    iPhone 8:

- no SD slot (probably 32 GB the lowest size)
    - Forced to use iTunes to load music (extremely annoying and complicated)
    - Apple Pay pay sucks cause not many places accept it
    - Smartwatches are limited on iPhones unless you use Apple Watch
    - Typically lower battery capacity
    - OS is very restrictive and limited (try sending files via Bluetooth, it's a nightmare)
    - No wireless charging (maybe on the iPhone 8?)
    - Small screen size (4.7 inch and 5.5 inch)
    - Gets boring after awhile (can't customize anything)
    - And most importantly NO HEADPHONE JACK! Better shell out for some Bluetooth earphones... What a waste, everything in my house has auxiliary.
    cold spring and lions_lair99 like this.
    03-26-2017 09:48 PM
    It will almost certainly have better specs and features(including a headphone jack) but that's not what apple goes for. Apple fans will buy the phone almost no matter what so really it doesn't matter about the feature, although i will say i was debating iPhone but the lack of a headphone jack pushed me away and then i saw the S 8 rumors/designs and have fully jumped on board so its already beat it for me.
    03-26-2017 10:04 PM
    Yes! Samsung Galaxy S8 is ahead of innovation.
    03-26-2017 10:07 PM
    Does it have to? People will buy the S8 in April and then the iPhone 8 in October. The different launch dates aren't a coincidence.
    03-26-2017 11:54 PM
    How would one know when both phones are not out? :P.
    ctown81 and Ry like this.
    03-26-2017 11:59 PM
    Its gonna b very interesting...both S8 & iPhone 8 looks well matched at d moment
    03-27-2017 04:20 AM
    can really compare s8 to a phone thats not even out yet with bare minimum leaks atm.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    03-27-2017 09:52 AM
    At the end of the day it's subjective and essentially comes down to iOS vs. Android. Idk if the S8 will be enough to lure away the average iPhone user, especially given the hype that the iPhone 8 is getting. That being said, I've been an iPhone user since the original and just got my first Android phone (s7e) in November (came from an iPhone 6s+) which I absolutely love. Initially I hated Android and missed iOS and the apps, and which I still think the App Store > Google Play Store, overall I am very satisfied with the s7e and am most excited about the Note 8.
    03-27-2017 07:53 PM
    The iPhone is a nice phone and has a few good features, but it won't beat flagship Android phones.
    lions_lair99 likes this.
    03-27-2017 08:08 PM
    No. This year's iPhone will be huge because it'll be the ten year anniversary iPhone.
    JHStewart1023 and amyf27 like this.
    03-27-2017 08:16 PM
    It will depend on one's personal preferences and needs, but I think it will definitely go head-to-head with the iPhone 8 and other popular flagships.
    03-27-2017 08:26 PM
    Personally I consider iPhones and Google phones to provide far superior experience for me but Samsung does push hardware innovation pretty good and they have gotten way better on software front. If they can keep up software updates in a timely manner and also avoid fragmentation of their flagship phones (million variants of one model) then it'll be a great step in beating iPhone.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    03-27-2017 08:59 PM
    In terms of hardware we do not. It's not being released or announced yet. But Android will always be superior to iOS. Have you seen an iPhone with dual sim slots and an SD card slot? No.
    sfla99 likes this.
    03-28-2017 05:47 AM
    I've owned both android phones and iPhones (cause I'm a tech junkie) but I've always leaned more towards Android due to customization. As mentioned by some, iPhone does have some good feature which I like though such as:

- Double tap to bring the screen down
    - Stereo speakers (iPhone 7 plus)
    - 3D touch (yes I use it)
    - I also like the layout of their audio player cause I can customize the image

we just won't really know until compared sided by side and it depends on what each person is looking for in a phone.
    03-28-2017 10:01 AM
    I've owned both android phones and iPhones (cause I'm a tech junkie) but I've always leaned more towards Android due to customization. As mentioned by some, iPhone does have some good feature which I like though such as:

- Double tap to bring the screen down
    - Stereo speakers (iPhone 7 plus)
    - 3D touch (yes I use it)
    - I also like the layout of their audio player cause I can customize the image

we just won't really know until compared sided by side and it depends on what each person is looking for in a phone.
    Agreed. We can't know anything for sure until there's a one-to-one comparison.
    03-28-2017 10:16 AM
    S8 will beat the Iphone 10
    lions_lair99 likes this.
    03-28-2017 12:08 PM
    A11 Fusion vs Snapdragon 835? Both 10nm. The 7S and 7S Plus also get A11 but assume those are mud year bump for WWDC coming up.

Both 5.7"+ screen.
    OLED

Not sure how iPhone is memory efficient as it is but no issues for me.
    Apple File System is new and optimized for NAND

I assume it will takes take much of 2018 to optimize iOS 11 for new model, hardware, screen aspects and resolutions.
    Samsung putting out N just now for Galaxy, at least carriers are.

Both have their work cut out for them and their engineers, developers. Apple pushing for 64-bit only code and tighter security.

I wish Sammy would focus on hardware and let someone else handle code.
    03-28-2017 02:23 PM
    Personally I consider iPhones and Google phones to provide far superior experience for me but Samsung does push hardware innovation pretty good and they have gotten way better on software front. If they can keep up software updates in a timely manner and also avoid fragmentation of their flagship phones (million variants of one model) then it'll be a great step in beating iPhone.
    I completely agree with you. I stayed away from Samsung for some time but am really curious about the S8+. This would be my first Samsung since the S4.
    03-28-2017 02:58 PM
    Hmmm... if you loved iphone so much, why did you get an android phone? Iphone 6s+ isn't shabby at all, at least for people who bought in to Apple ecosystem. Just curious.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:02 PM
    Yes it's Anniversary iphone, but also remember that price is going up. I heard above $1000 minimum for iphone 8. Also lots of people are holding onto their old phones longer and longer, because new phones doesn't feature any substantial improvement (other than faster cpu, more memory, thinner bezels etc which makes increasingly marginal difference). Upgrading a smart phone is getting more and more of an option than a necessity. Moreover, lower tier phones are becoming cheaper and better all the time. Apple may not be moving down the price curve, but Android as a whole is. Will Apple have any tricks up ti's sleeve to hold back the tide of smart phone market saturation and maturation? Apple revenue and profit being down in 2016 was due entirely to this phenomenon. We will see in September if Apple can triumph over forces of nature!
    03-30-2017 08:05 PM
    Very little being said about the 7S/7S Plus which all I know, they get the 10nm Fusion A11 SoC
    03-31-2017 02:43 AM
    iPhone 8:

- no SD slot (probably 32 GB the lowest size)
    - Forced to use iTunes to load music (extremely annoying and complicated)
    - Apple Pay pay sucks cause not many places accept it
    - Smartwatches are limited on iPhones unless you use Apple Watch
    - Typically lower battery capacity
    - OS is very restrictive and limited (try sending files via Bluetooth, it's a nightmare)
    - No wireless charging (maybe on the iPhone 8?)
    - Small screen size (4.7 inch and 5.5 inch)
    - Gets boring after awhile (can't customize anything)
    - And most importantly NO HEADPHONE JACK! Better shell out for some Bluetooth earphones... What a waste, everything in my house has auxiliary.
    - No SD is irrelevant if you can have up to 256 GB of internal memory

- Is there still anyone not using music streaming? So who needs iTunes any more?

- Apple Watch just is the best smartwatch out there so being forced to use it, is no downside. Besides you can use iOS with Android smartwatches. But who would want to do that?

- Lower physical battery capacity doesn't matter. IPhones have always been more energy efficient so battery lasts longer despite the physical capacity being lower.

- IOS might still be more restrictive, but Apple has already opened up iOS in many ways. There is also the advantage of speedy updates for all devices to avoid software fragmentation. Samsung shipping the S8 with the already outdated Android 7.0 is ridiculous. Go figure how long it will take Samsung to provide Android O.

- Eventually Samsung will also get rid of the headphone jack. It is dated technology. Also on eBay you can get a lighting adapter for headphones for 1 buck

In the end it comes down to personal preference between iPhone and Android.
    swarlos, Wildo6882 and Gayle Lynn like this.
    03-31-2017 04:51 AM
50 12