Snapdragon vs Exynos variants

mikerelvasr8

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Which version do you think is the best on these phones? I've always heard Exynos chips are better and more consistent over time, but I'm pretty excited to see what the new Snapdragon chip brings to the table. Opinions?

dew066

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Which version do you think is the best on these phones? I've always heard Exynos chips are better and more consistent over time, but I'm pretty excited to see what the new Snapdragon chip brings to the table. Opinions?

I personally think that the Exynos processor is the better of the two, but not for any small performance difference. With my S7 Edge I have much more flexibility with Rom's and I can root my device without losing Android Pay. I know rooting is not important to all, but when Android O comes out I will be able to run the latest O/S when a Rom is made available which will be long before Samsung makes an update available.

My 2c

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
People said that the Exynos has better performance and battery. Not sure if this is true. I would prefer the Snapdragon 835 because it supports Quick Charge 4.0, unless Samsung can make it work with their chips.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that the Exynos was better and had better battery performance and speed. However I would rather have the Snapdragon 835 with Quick Charge 4.0, unless Samsung could also make it compatible.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
There have been benchmarks posted on youtube comparing the 2 and Exynos generally had better performance. However, the average user probably won't be able to tell the difference.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The Exynos tend to be more battery efficient. But I guess we are doomed to get what we have in our market...

Cheers

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just know that the SD 835 will be the best non exynos chip on the market when the S8 is released. I'm sure there may be some things the SD does better than the Exynos.
But, why worry about it? Either one will be plenty fast and efficient.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I had asked this question in another thread last year's snapdragon was 4 cores right? Is this year's 8 cores like the exynos chip and if so will that make a difference?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question lol

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I had asked this question in another thread last year's snapdragon was 4 cores right? Is this year's 8 cores like the exynos chip and if so will that make a difference?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question lol

Yes. 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores. It should improve multitasking but the average person might not be able to tell the difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87