View Poll Results: Would you like to have seen a removable on the S8?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I prefer the removable battery!

16 35.56%
  • No, I don't use or need it.

11 24.44%
  • Don't really care, either is fine. Just want good battery.

18 40.00%
07-14-2018 07:01 AM
59 123
tools
    talk about beating a dead horse. its not going to happen, give it up folks.

Might as well wish for ios on a samsung phone, or android on an apple phone.
    04-19-2017 04:16 AM
    I never had a need to swap batteries. I like the sealed chassis as it looks more premium. Battery technology for the most part has become more efficient being also helped by more energy efficient hardware. Never had a battery fail. Having the removal back made putting the SIM and SD card in easier but I would like to see internal storage ramped up to 128 or 256 GB and eliminating the SD card slot.
    04-19-2017 08:58 AM
    I have portable battery charging packs, It's kind of a moot point for me (also consider that carrying a spare battery is really not so different then a battery pack to top up my phone) I prefer water resistance.

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    04-19-2017 10:46 AM
    I'd prefer water resistance over replacable battery. On phones I've owned that had replacable batteries, I think I only bought a replacement battery once, and that was for my Blackberry 8800. (10 years ago lol)

Having the removal back made putting the SIM and SD card in easier but I would like to see internal storage ramped up to 128 or 256 GB and eliminating the SD card slot.
    256 would be good (for today) but they always charge an arm and a leg for additional capacity when a microSD card of the same capacity is like free. When my wife and I bought our S6 Edge+'s, she had to pay $100 extra to get the 64GB model (vs the standard 32GB model). Back then, a 32GB card was like $15, and a 128 GB card was only $60. If that's how it's gonna be, I'll take the SD card slot any day.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-19-2017 11:07 AM
    I was a user who missed the removable battery
    but get convinced now. That phones are better
    protected with Sealed batteries

To be realistic the Phone companies won't get back that
    feature. But I'd like they invent a battery that lasting

a week and will happen soon: SONY started work
    in 2015 to increase 40% of its batteries life
    04-19-2017 11:13 AM
    My last removable battery phone was the Note 4. I used to carry a spare battery in my pocket. Now, I still carry a spare battery in my pocket, it's about the same size as the Note 4's battery but just has an integrated USB cable. I don't miss the removable battery at all.
    Rumline and ol_jackburton like this.
    04-19-2017 11:23 AM
    Still on my Note 4 after 3 years. A couple of times the Phone has hard froze requiring me to remove and reinsert battery (holding down Power Button for over 10 seconds did nothing). Phone is running fine like the day I got it (S8+ pre-order customer)

Removable battery all day long. The only way to ensure your phone is "safe" when necessary is to remove cell. After all, it is called a cell phone for a reason.
    this is what im thinking about too. my note4 would suddenly shutdown/black screen, and it will not turn on or reset even if i hold the power button for 20 seconds. the only solution is remove and insert the battery.

i like this s8+, im sure one day ill give in and buy one, i just like to know if that kind of thing happen to s8+ what would the solution be. i would hate it if i have to send the phone back for warranty only for the, to reinsert the battery.
    The Phone Company likes this.
    04-19-2017 12:46 PM
    I love the removable battery, but I would sacrifice it for the waterproof feature. For a solution of the problem, I ran into this article and could have the both, at the moment when I need them. And not only that with the I-blades I can add other functionalities to the phone. So it's a win-win situation for me. Can't wait to get my hands on the case
    07-04-2017 03:30 AM
    Quick charge eliminated the need for swappable batteries.

After several years, IF NECESSARY, a service technician can replace a battery for less than $100 and that includes the battery.
    After several years? If NECESSARY now you can buy a 5-10 euro battery and change it yourself, if you want to throw your money to the wind you are welcome to buy a phone with non-detachable battery.

About the water-resistance, guess what, there are phones with both water-resistance AND removable battery.

Third, removable batteries are cheaper and smaller than usb power banks! If you wish, you can buy 10 replacement batteries, your phone will last a month without charging!
    07-14-2018 07:01 AM
59 123