Will you buy a Snapdragon S8 or the Exynos S8?

A

AC Question

Just wanting to know how many US buyer are going to make the switch to the Exynos due to No Custom Roms?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Each one is region specific i.e. Exynos is for Europe, China, Korea and Snapdragon will be sold in America. I would prefer the Exynos but I guess I have to get the Snapdragon.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds like an ignorant question but last year the snapdragon had 4 cores and the exynos 8 cores?

And this year they both have 8 cores?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds like an ignorant question but last year the snapdragon had 4 cores and the exynos 8 cores?

And this year they both have 8 cores?

That's correct. Snapdragons have traditionally been Quadcore but according to Qualcomm the 835 will have 4 performance cores running at 2.45 GHz and 4 efficiency cores running at 1.9 GHz.

Marius1919

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
The snapdragon 835 is a beast and sadly Samsung is the first (and only ..until maybe the new Pixel or the LG v series, ) to have it, they have a exclusivity and monopoly, that could be a dubble edge sword, the HTC 10 first to have the Snapdragon 820, and it had hardware issues, with overheating and droping performance, the 820 v2 was basicaly the same chipset, yet more stable and reliable and worked great on devices like the LG v20 and arguably for the phone of that year the Nexus 6p

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Xiaomi's Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus and Sony's new flagship will all ship with the Snapdragon 835. I don't see a monopoly. No need to wait for the next Pixel - that will probably not be released until late Fall with maybe an updated version of the 835. LG was just determined to ship a flagship in March, good for about 30 days, but I think they will be paying a heavy price by summer.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that since Samsung made a deal to use the Snapdragon 835, they can't use their own chip.... Is this true?

afazel

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I read somewhere that since Samsung made a deal to use the Snapdragon 835, they can't use their own chip.... Is this true?

That was an agreement made by Samsung with Qualcomm back in the 90s. They licensed Qualcomm patents, and in exchange would not sell their chips to anyone else without paying extra for licensing fees.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1