Might be a head scratcher considering these two devices aren't really competing against each other directly. However, I've been a BlackBerry user for years and I'd love to hear Android users' thoughts on the new KEYone.

For me, I'm currently using a BlackBerry DTEK60 which I am enjoying, but i do prefer a physical keyboard. However, I'm not sure I like the idea of downgrading to a SD 625 and 3gb of RAM (my dtek sports the 820 with 4gb of RAM). I don't play many games at all on my phone never mind graphic intensive ones. But i don't want to experience any lag on a 625 with social media applications (snapchat included), email, browser, text messaging etc..

What I really like about a Samsung device is the full package. I really like the idea of IP68 water resistance (assuming this carries over to the S8). The S7 had a fantastic camera and I expect the same with the S8. Thoughts on both devices?
    03-27-2017 02:04 PM
    I'm going KEYone. Battery life is amazing! Performance is good! Saw it in Barcelona and in NYC and it was a champ. They choose the 625 and full HD (over quad) for a reason! Keyboard was wonderful, reminded me of my bold days! I'm also not a huge fan of Samsung's bloatware. BlackBerry's bloat, isn't, it's intelligent, useful additions, and otherwise stock, which I like. Camera was amazing, NOT that the S8 won't be Sammy is known for that too. BUT you won't be disappointed with the KEYone camera. IF you really want the pkb, you can't go wrong with the KEYone, and you'll save a few dollars. IF on the other hand you want THE latest specs, and likely a great slab phone (that is pretty similar to many other slab android phones) then get the S8. IMHO.
    03-27-2017 02:15 PM
    If you want a physical keyboard, go for the KEYone. If not, I wouldn't even consider the KEYone lol.
    03-27-2017 05:29 PM
    KEYone all the way. As long as I get my keyboard, I am willing to go down in specs for that form factor.. (same situation back when the Palm Pre was launched. I was only interested in the Pixi because of the form factor)

I believe Samsung's last great phone was the S5 (which I'm using now) and I've come to absolutely HATE typing on virtual keyboards
    03-28-2017 01:19 AM
    Depends what do you want in your phone. They both are totally different.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-28-2017 06:14 AM