What do you think of the Infinity Display on the S8?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Of course haven't had the opportunity to get the phone in my hand yet... but mmmmaaaaaan that Infinity display looks nice! What do you think?

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Looks so nice! So much screen! Invisible home screen button. Just a definite move forward for smartphones. Love it.

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I definitely like the infinity display over the old flat screen. I just hope they went with the curvature off the Note 7 instead of the s7 edge. It was a more smooth curve on the Note 7 where you didn't get a sharp reflection on it.

D3SPA1R

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I really like the screen. Was never a fan of a physical home button due to how unresponsive it gets over time. Only problem is I heard a lot of people had problems with the curve design when they applied a screen protector on their Note 7's. The corners of the screen protector would lift. Other than that, the screen is perfect.

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm not buying a phone with a curved display, period. It may look great in press pictures but it ruins picture quality.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've played around with working models of the s8 and s8+ and the s8 is just the right size for me.

Thst said I'm waiting for the Note 8 before I 100% decide which one to buy into.

Regarding the display it seems to be the main focal point to what Samsung is pushing in regards to specs.

Yeah it's nice and the curved edges dint seem as deeply curved as my s7 edge if that makes sense.

So as the bezels (chins) are less their is more screen to use but to be honest holding my s7 edge up against the two s8 variants I couldn't see massive differences.

snukli

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I personally really like the new screen since i always hated the logo and I think that a physical home button isn't necessary at all + the more screen the better.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Display looks awesome, I'll be heading to best buy today to play with them if they are set up in my local store

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
When I watch reviews of the Galaxy S8+, I just sit there in awe. The screen looks magical. It definitely does look like an infinity display. I am definitely giving Samsung a thumbs up for their efforts. I would just be so scared of dropping something so pretty haha. Watching movies on it must be amazing. 😃

jhonnieblue

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
this display is amazing, no two ways about it.
love the colors and how it pops compared to the g6
apparently samsung offers you the capability to change the white balance on the display as well
the 28 seems to display warmer colors out the box than the s8+, at least from the videos i have seen

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Display looks awesome, I'll be heading to best buy today to play with them if they are set up in my local store

This is what I did. The only thing is now I want to keep going to Best buy to play with the phones but they'll probably think I'm a weirdo.

glibous

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I like the display. The aspect ratio will take a bit of getting used to but i'm sure Apps will eventually come out to take full advantage of the extra real-estate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance