Who's pumped to try out the Infinity display on the S8+? Still super curious how it'll handle inputs while holding the phone, but I suspect Sammy has it nailed.

What do you think?
    nonie likes this.
    03-29-2017 10:21 AM
    Who's pumped to try out the Infinity display on the S8+? Still super curious how it'll handle inputs while holding the phone, but I suspect Sammy has it nailed.

What do you think?
    But the the curve edge is nothing new? Any difference from handling the Note 7 and S7E?
    03-29-2017 10:28 AM
    Now instead of just having problems holding it in portrait we may have problems in landscape! All kidding aside, it is beautiful and looks to be a nice gentle curve on the edge as opposed to the S7 Edge. The top and bottom bezels shrinking is nice.
    nonie likes this.
    03-29-2017 10:37 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this "infinity display" business. The S7E didn't have (side) bezels. Didn't it have an infinity display also?
    03-29-2017 12:20 PM
    Getting rid of top and bottom bezels and the buttons are now baked into the screen rather than the separate home button on the bottom. So a little different
    nonie and Viscomi4444 like this.
    03-29-2017 12:40 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this "infinity display" business. The S7E didn't have (side) bezels. Didn't it have an infinity display also?
    So looking at the pictures and comparing to my S7E, there's actually a decent size bezel on it before the metal frame. Also the metal frame is not exactly lined up with the front glass. There is still a bump to the sides. The S8/S8+ looks like they got rid of this bump.

EDIT: wording from samsung's S8 website "The Infinity Display has an incredible end-to-end screen that spills over the phone’s sides, forming a completely smooth, continuous surface with no bumps or angles. It’s pure, pristine, uninterrupted glass. And it takes up the entire front of the phone, flowing seamlessly into the aluminum shell."
    03-29-2017 01:04 PM
    Now instead of just having problems holding it in portrait we may have problems in landscape! All kidding aside, it is beautiful and looks to be a nice gentle curve on the edge as opposed to the S7 Edge. The top and bottom bezels shrinking is nice.
    Get a split/thumb keyboard, lol.
    03-29-2017 02:27 PM
    I hate Samsung, but my God that display. Wow.
    03-29-2017 03:26 PM
    I pre-ordered a Midnight Black S8+ from Best Buy for Verizon wireless. Finally decided to upgrade from my Note 4
    04-01-2017 05:18 AM
    I saw a demo model today and while it is a very nice looking phone I have to say I was super disappointed by the side bezels. The marketing and official pictures would have you believe that the screen fully wraps around the front of the phone with only a top and bottom bezel to be seen, however this is far from the case. There is a prominent black border around the entire thing
    04-05-2017 01:27 AM
    I saw a demo model today and while it is a very nice looking phone I have to say I was super disappointed by the side bezels. The marketing and official pictures would have you believe that the screen fully wraps around the front of the phone with only a top and bottom bezel to be seen, however this is far from the case. There is a prominent black border around the entire thing
    I'll agree the side bezels were a little larger than it seems like it shows on the promotional pictures, not a deal breaker though.
    04-05-2017 08:09 AM
    I just thought infinity display was fancy name for edge display
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    04-05-2017 08:33 AM
    I'll agree the side bezels were a little larger than it seems like it shows on the promotional pictures, not a deal breaker though.
    Agreed, not a deal breaker. I would have been impressed by it's minimal bezel had I just seen the phone, but when it's marketed as being absent that expectation vs reality left me quite disappointed.

I personally feel the only merit to a curved screen phone is that it's the only way we're likely to see a completely bezeless screen, and was hoping Samsung would deliver this time,.
    04-05-2017 12:44 PM
    Ummm yes it does have side bezels. You just didn't see it because Samsung cleverly hid it. The S8 has this bezel as well. It's just hidden on the edge. They designed it that way to make it look like the bezel is gone, but it's still there.
    04-06-2017 12:00 PM