At the launch event just now, Samsung stressed the importance of security, and security OPTIONS. You can unlock the phone with via Iris Scan, Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scanner, a Pattern, or Password.

Which would/will you use? And why?
    03-29-2017 10:34 AM
    Iris scan. Convenience and security.
    03-29-2017 10:40 AM
    Iris Scan

I used it with my Note 7 and loved it.

The facial scanner is pretty cool too but I see it more of a conversation type of thing like what the iris scanner was last summer !?
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    03-29-2017 11:02 AM
    For unlocking the phone I think facial recognition is the way to go. I wear glasses and I can just see facial recognition being a faster unlock method. Should be able to see your face easier than your iris. However, with it being a new technology to the phone we will have to see.
    03-29-2017 11:23 AM
    For anyone in the US planning to use biometrics (fingerprint, facial or iris scanning), please read this:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ock-his-phone/

Until/unless the Supreme Court decides otherwise, I would *NOT* recommend a biometric lock in this country.
    03-29-2017 11:24 AM
    Iris. It's what I mostly used on the Note 7 and this time it seems to be faster.
    03-29-2017 11:41 AM
    I've fallen in love with the fingerprint scanner but since it's on the back of the phone now, I may see how I like the iris scanner.
    03-29-2017 11:47 AM
    I have always used SmartLock on all my phones since its introduction and before that on the Moto X. Having a way to easily wake the device (i.e. Home button, DT2W) has always been more important to me than fingerprint location.
    03-29-2017 12:29 PM
    probably facial scanner, if I had one..
    03-29-2017 12:33 PM
    probably facial scanner, if I had one..
    A face???
    ol_jackburton and DWS44 like this.
    03-29-2017 12:41 PM
    A face???
    ๐Ÿ˜‚
    03-29-2017 12:48 PM
    I wear glasses, so unless the iris scanner can make a positive ID through the lenses then I will be forced to use some other security method.
    03-29-2017 01:07 PM
    Hmm... I'd probably go with the iris scanner for added security plus it's a cool way to unlock your phone. I would probably also use face recognition.
    03-29-2017 01:10 PM
    I wear glasses, so unless the iris scanner can make a positive ID through the lenses then I will be forced to use some other security method.
    my note 7 would work with my glasses on about 80% of the time. sounds like they have made improvements so it should work pretty well.

my biggest issue with the iris scanner was getting the angle correct, there are times when i would not be able to raise the phone to align my eyes.
    03-29-2017 01:30 PM
    I'm going with the fastest unlock method wich is the face unlock and will use the iris scanner as a backup and to open websites
    04-03-2017 03:12 AM
    For unlocking the phone I think facial recognition is the way to go. I wear glasses and I can just see facial recognition being a faster unlock method. Should be able to see your face easier than your iris. However, with it being a new technology to the phone we will have to see.
    Facial recognition since it seems to be the quickest way into your phone.
    04-03-2017 06:23 AM
    Iris scannner. Loved it on the Note 7. My 2 year old grandson seems to always have sticky hands and to transfer whatever the sticky is to me so the fingerprint scanner doesn't alway work without wiping my hands off and not always convenient. Anyway, given where it is on this phone, it will probably be even less convenient.
    04-03-2017 10:24 AM
    Iris scanner... Fingerprint scanner is at a very awkward position but I'll be using it from time to time as well.
    04-03-2017 10:37 AM
    At the launch event just now, Samsung stressed the importance of security, and security OPTIONS. You can unlock the phone with via Iris Scan, Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scanner, a Pattern, or Password.

Which would/will you use? And why?
    For the moment, I like using a fingerprint sensor to unlock. It's quick, easy and I don't have to remember any passwords. This is especially helpful when you get older and the good ol memory starts to fade haha ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

If possible I would like to have a Pin password in combination with my fingerprint. Just to have that 'belt and braces' approach

What I currently use now is Blackberry's 'Picture Passwords' none of my friends have ever been able to crack it, even when watching me like a hawk ๐Ÿ˜ƒ .
    04-03-2017 11:13 AM
    I'm going to start with fingerprint scanner if I find it too awkward I may actually just consider the swipe, I know it's not secure but I don't always want to hold up my phone to my face every time I want to unlock
    04-03-2017 11:22 AM
    For anyone in the US planning to use biometrics (fingerprint, facial or iris scanning), please read this:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ock-his-phone/

Until/unless the Supreme Court decides otherwise, I would *NOT* recommend a biometric lock in this country.
    Exactly. Absolute blind goats. I will continue to unlock my phone as always, Passcode. And even though I have pre-ordered the S8+ I will tape over Front-facing Camera as it's a no-brainer to do so. Samsung themselves have openly declared their Smart-TV Camera's are prone to "hacking" meaning you just don't know if (or what) is watching you. It boggles the mind how people voluntarily want these INTRUSIVE "features" on a phone as their sole reason for buying the thing.
    04-03-2017 01:26 PM
    Fingerprint scanner placement terrible. Might just have a pin password instead.
    04-03-2017 01:49 PM
    If we're talking about the S8+, then probably nothing at all. I didn't have much of an issue with the regular S8 and the fingerprint sensor. Yes, it's in an awkward spot, but after an hour of playing with the device, I got used to where it was placed. I'm guessing some of that has to do with using the Pixel, but the rest is just muscle memory.
    04-03-2017 02:11 PM
    I hope a patch comes out to make facial recognition more secure. It's pretty fast. However, I'll stick with the iris scanner. I'll also give the FPS a try. I might get used to it even though its in a weird place.
    04-03-2017 02:21 PM