View Poll Results: Are you buying the GS8?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep! I'm getting the S8

50 26.32%
  • Oh yeah! I'm getting the S8+

46 24.21%
  • I'm not sure

48 25.26%
  • Sorry, I'll pass on it

46 24.21%
04-19-2017 11:10 AM
188 ... 5678
tools
    Its worth buying
    04-05-2017 02:18 AM
    Interesting article on the rise in demand for (my pre-ordered) Galaxy S8 Plus.
    Galaxy S8+ sees more demand than anticipated, Samsung ups production levels - GSMArena.com news
    04-05-2017 02:13 PM
    Interesting article on the rise in demand for (my pre-ordered) Galaxy S8 Plus.
    Galaxy S8+ sees more demand than anticipated, Samsung ups production levels - GSMArena.com news
    Thanks for sharing
    04-05-2017 02:32 PM
    Is the price of S8+ same as Note 7 in US? Somehow it is much more expensive than Note 7 in my area. Have decided to just wait for Note 8 since need to pay for such a premium.
    04-05-2017 07:07 PM
    Looks like the Bixby button is indeed programmable:
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...y-button-remap
    04-06-2017 11:21 AM
    Finally caved and pre-ordered ours a couple of hours ago. It's obvious T-mobile wasn't letting up on the S8+ down payment.
    04-06-2017 12:30 PM
    Finally caved and pre-ordered ours a couple of hours ago. It's obvious T-mobile wasn't letting up on the S8+ down payment.
    why do they make you guys put down a down payment? i just had to pay the taxes with verizon
    04-06-2017 06:38 PM
    No...keeping my S7
    recDNA likes this.
    04-06-2017 07:01 PM
    i saw a video about that today too...was pretty excited until i saw you have to basically open your phone and allow the app permission for everything. too intrusive for my tastes. hopefully xda can come up with a better solution after some time with the phone.

04-06-2017 07:49 PM
    I'm giving Samsung another shot after the Note 7 debacle which put me back on an iPhone 7 Plus. So, I pre-ordered an orchid grey S8 last night. Hopefully this one will be a keeper.
    04-06-2017 07:52 PM
    why do they make you guys put down a down payment? i just had to pay the taxes with verizon
    No logical reason except they want an easy money grab. Most people don't have any issue with dropping the extra $130 to lease a phone. I just can't wrap my brain around justifying that extra upcharge.
    I used to be with Verizon. They slowly started changing the terms of their upgrades as well. I couldn't take it any more and went to T-Mobile. It was fine until they started doing this. It totally defeats the purpose of multiple upgrades per year "with zero down". I don't care if money wasn't an issue. It's the principal.
    If you could afford to pay double for something when it's not worth it, would you still buy it?
    04-07-2017 07:31 AM
    Both devices are great. Save the $130 for note 8
    04-07-2017 09:09 AM
    No logical reason except they want an easy money grab. Most people don't have any issue with dropping the extra $130 to lease a phone. I just can't wrap my brain around justifying that extra upcharge.
    I used to be with Verizon. They slowly started changing the terms of their upgrades as well. I couldn't take it any more and went to T-Mobile. It was fine until they started doing this. It totally defeats the purpose of multiple upgrades per year "with zero down". I don't care if money wasn't an issue. It's the principal.
    If you could afford to pay double for something when it's not worth it, would you still buy it?
    Legere was doing #TBT (throw back Thursday) yesterday. I replied with that hashtag and sent him his JoD announcement video. He didn't reply. Lol
    04-07-2017 09:15 AM
    Legere was doing #TBT (throw back Thursday) yesterday. I replied with that hashtag and sent him his JoD announcement video. He didn't reply. Lol
    You would think with just that $20 telephone assist fee they now charge for the people just doing their job, they would increase the bottom line by a lot. I've said all along...announce the $130 down for JOD and allow the people who want to blow their money or keep their payments lower to pay it. For those who contact them and would rather have a slightly higher payment, allow those to be modified. They just need to have that option in the system and just default to the down payment option. People need choices.
    04-07-2017 09:30 AM
    You would think with just that $20 telephone assist fee they now charge for the people just doing their job, they would increase the bottom line by a lot. I've said all along...announce the $130 down for JOD and allow the people who want to blow their money or keep their payments lower to pay it. For those who contact them and would rather have a slightly higher payment, allow those to be modified. They just need to have that option in the system and just default to the down payment option. People need choices.
    Yep, that would be an acceptable option under JoD.

He just needs to stop being a hypocrite, grow a pair and come out and say they can no longer offer JoD in its current form.

He just signed a new contract so now is the time to **** people off and eat the churn if that's what happens. He just figures if he doesn't talk about it then it will go away. It won't.
    04-07-2017 09:40 AM
    Because of the battery, I probably won't buy the S8 (it's almost certain that it won't be able to match my S7 Edge). I might buy the S8+ if I can play with one and feel like it can be used one handed.

If S8+ turns out to be too big, I guess I'll have to keep the S7 Edge, which would be unprecedented. I've never kept the same phone for more than 1 year.
    04-07-2017 01:07 PM
    No because unless it's a phone straight from Google (Pixel) I am not buying it.
    04-07-2017 01:10 PM
    Just ordered 2 of the S8 phones, saw them at Best Buy today and I think that most everyone will like this phone. I didn't have any reservations about ordering this phone, as a matter of fact, I switched from iPhone and Pixel to get this phone. I have had problems with both the iPhone and Pixel xl so giving Sammy a chance.
    04-07-2017 02:55 PM
    Both devices are great. Save the $130 for note 8
    That's the plan. Actually, the down payment could be lower with the Note8 as they seemed to allow bigger monthly payments on the Note7.
    04-07-2017 03:25 PM
    Because of the battery, I probably won't buy the S8 (it's almost certain that it won't be able to match my S7 Edge). I might buy the S8+ if I can play with one and feel like it can be used one handed.

If S8+ turns out to be too big, I guess I'll have to keep the S7 Edge, which would be unprecedented. I've never kept the same phone for more than 1 year.
    If you are on your phone constantly or away from a charger for hours on end, you may need the bigger battery. Otherwise, keep topping it off and don't worry about it. It probably won't be noticeably worse than the S7E.
    04-07-2017 03:27 PM
    Case ordered. This will be my first Samsung device. I've been with LG since the Optimus G. I suppose I should say the Nexus 5 was in there. Looking forward to the S8.
    04-07-2017 05:24 PM
    I will be ordering the all black s8. The plus is too large and has no compelling features for the additional 100 dollars
    04-07-2017 06:57 PM
    i saw a video about that today too...was pretty excited until i saw you have to basically open your phone and allow the app permission for everything. too intrusive for my tastes. hopefully xda can come up with a better solution after some time with the phone.

Wouldn't it need the permission so you can map it to open gallery, contacts, etc?

04-07-2017 07:40 PM
    Hi, don't know your location. In London U.K. Currys on the Tottenham Court Road has demos of both phones
    04-10-2017 09:28 AM
    “Pre-orders of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ in the US are outpacing those of the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with strong double digit growth,” reads the Samsung statement. “In addition, the majority of consumers have been selecting the Galaxy S8+.”
    https://uploadvr.com/free-gear-vr-s8/
    04-10-2017 10:00 PM
188 ... 5678