Are you buying the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+?

Are you buying the GS8?

• Total voters

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Now that everything is official (no surprise, they're similar to the leaks), does the Galaxy S8 impress you to the point where it justifies the price?

Let us know below and why! ;)

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: Are you buying the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Considering it more than I was before. Definitely impressed with the launch so far.

psurob55

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

would like to hold one before ordering. Not sure whether to go with the S8 for a smaller and easier tohold device, or S8+ for the added screen real estate. Have a V20 now and i can't stand the feeling in the hand, which has me leaning towards the smaller S8.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I have to see and play with one in person to see if it piques my interest.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I will be waiting for the Note 8, but this is a good preview of what's to come. Exciting times!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I am leaning towards the S8 but I still want to see and hold them in person.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

If prices from another post is correct then not bad... but I want to hear full reviews to find out how that 3000 mah battery works out. iPhone 7+ might get the job done with only 2900 mah... but is the SD835 really that more efficient to compete with that?

Verizon - $720 for the S8 and $840 for the S8+
At&t and T-Mobile - $750 for the S8 and $850 for the S8+

Now that everything is official (no surprise, they're similar to the leaks), does the Galaxy S8 impress you to the point where it justifies the price?

Let us know below and why! ;)

jhonnieblue

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site

just watched the comparison between the g6 and s8, the s8 looks very good
love the style and design of it
price at 750 is great as well

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Looks nice but it's hard to beat my Pixel. Will try it at stores when it comes out before I decide.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't scream to me to go buy... it looks like a good foundation for whats to come from Note 8...

get rid of that awefully placed FPS and put dual cameras and at the s-pen silo and then we're talking... and make it in the S8 size. I'm not feeling the Plus size lol.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

As a GS6/GS7 Edge owner I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The design is a nice evolution and a larger screen in a smaller package is a win - though it remains to be seen if they did anything to negate the frustrating false taps the edge display generates. The 7 borders on unusable without a case on it. I would have switched to a non-edge display if they offered it.

More important, the camera is the same - and while low light pictures were improved over the GS6, the 16mp 16:9 format of the GS6 was absolutely better for outdoors/good light. I have both and its not even close. The battery is 600ma SMALLER so even if they improved efficiency alot the battery life will not be materially better and could be worse. A compelling phone perhaps if I didn't already have a GS7E.

Chriiiiis

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Since the specs are pretty much identical between the two models, I would opt for the non+ model just so I can still attempt to use the phone single-handedly.

bluegreen1965

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site

I have to say that I am super interested in getting this phone! Have been using an iPhone 6s for a year as an experiment, but I think I'm ready to jump.

KarthikUnBoxed

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site

I was not planning to buy it until I saw Casey Niestat's video. I think the incentives like the Gear VR and 256GB SD card may make the price sting less. I'm preordering it tonight from Best Buy.

Cbarry05

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I love the specs but am concerned about the fingerprint sensor and edge to edge screen. Even though it looks amazing, I know I would have a lot of accidental touches. Definitely want to get my hands on it first

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Not enough new/better features to justify moving away from the physical home button that i'm a fan of. Will be keeping my S7E