05-09-2017 07:41 PM
1,268 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    pre ordered my S8+ through verizon as soon as it went live. just paid the taxes on the phone. im excited for it hopefully some of us will get it early
    03-31-2017 11:55 AM
    S8+ in silver for me. I couldn't decide on black or silver so the lady on the phone picked silver for me.
    should have went black.
    03-31-2017 11:56 AM
    does anyone remember years ago when the s3 was coming out? i pre ordered through sprint and had to wait like 2 weeks after launch because samsung did not make enough. hopefully thats not the case with this one
    03-31-2017 11:58 AM
    So you don't think samsung should have added a special feature to it to warrant the extra 100 dollars? I opt for the s8 because I can use that extra 100 dollars for note 8
    Sure it would nice but c'mon now.. People pay more for a 60" TV vs a 55" TV and the resolution is still the same and really no new features. When people buy a 4k TV and pay more, that will be like buying the Note 8. LOL
    03-31-2017 12:13 PM
    And people made the exact same argument about the Note 7 being a tiny step down eating resolution yet more expensive than the S7 Edge. And it wound up being the best phone of the year except for that little explosion issue.
    The S8 and S8+ are basically the same phone, minus the size. The Note is a different phone all together.
    So you don't think samsung should have added a special feature to it to warrant the extra 100 dollars? I opt for the s8 because I can use that extra 100 dollars for note 8
    I could see adding maybe $50 for the same phone, but larger. $100 seems a little ridiculous, though.
    It's even more ridiculous when you need to put $130 more down to lease it on T-mobile.
    dablackman0619 likes this.
    03-31-2017 12:13 PM
    I'll never preorder a flagship device from Best Buy no matter how good the deal is. They are always sketchy on the stock they will get as most times they won't know until they come. Ironically, the only time I've had success with them was when they were doing the reservation thing where you would put down like $50 by getting a BB gift card. So it didn't actually use your upgrade until you picked it up so if there were issues with stock, you could look around on release day, pick up your device from somewhere, go back to Best Buy to get your $50 back.

I will also never order a device directly from Samsung. Had issues with them on the gear S3 with them keep pushing back dates. And when I finally snagged one, it took 3 weeks for them to cancel the order on a device they didn't have in stock. I wouldn't want to deal with them for any customer service issues.

So for me I will only order and iPhone from the carrier or Apple directly. And Android devices directly from the carrier. I'm talking strictly preorders because every time I tried preorders with another retailed (BB, Target, etc) it was a disaster. Just my experience.
    03-31-2017 12:41 PM
    The battery is also bigger: 3500 mAh.

It's the reason I chose the S7edge over the regular S7.
    03-31-2017 12:46 PM
    The battery is also bigger: 3500 mAh.

It's the reason I chose the S7edge over the regular S7.
    Honestly I expect the battery life to be very similar between the two, considering the bigger screen that takes more power.
    03-31-2017 12:58 PM
    I'll never preorder a flagship device from Best Buy no matter how good the deal is. They are always sketchy on the stock they will get as most times they won't know until they come. Ironically, the only time I've had success with them was when they were doing the reservation thing where you would put down like $50 by getting a BB gift card. So it didn't actually use your upgrade until you picked it up so if there were issues with stock, you could look around on release day, pick up your device from somewhere, go back to Best Buy to get your $50 back.

I will also never order a device directly from Samsung. Had issues with them on the gear S3 with them keep pushing back dates. And when I finally snagged one, it took 3 weeks for them to cancel the order on a device they didn't have in stock. I wouldn't want to deal with them for any customer service issues.

So for me I will only order and iPhone from the carrier or Apple directly. And Android devices directly from the carrier. I'm talking strictly preorders because every time I tried preorders with another retailed (BB, Target, etc) it was a disaster. Just my experience.
    Lol same here. I pre ordered a s3 from Target years ago and I worked there as well and it took them forever to get stock
    03-31-2017 01:12 PM
    Done.
    Sprint.
    Black.
    Ships 04/17.

Mav.
    03-31-2017 03:52 PM
    Black S8+ on our Corp Verizon account.

Hey...I gotta test out the new devices when they come out.
    03-31-2017 04:11 PM
    I wonder like the Note 7 if we will start seeing tons of posts and threads starting around 4/19 with people staying up all night tracking the flight times of planes and such. That was something to witness.

Hoping that we get it a week earlier like a few articles mention for overseas possibly.

How much would best buy give for the VR for trade in?
    LOL it happens with every phone release. Grown adults turn into little kids on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. It's silly, but entertaining to watch.
    03-31-2017 06:12 PM
    LOL it happens with every phone release. Grown adults turn into little kids on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. It's silly, but entertaining to watch.
    Then in two weeks the newness wears off and it becomes just another expensive toy we bought.
    03-31-2017 07:02 PM
    Can someone explain the meaning of "JOD" ? Also does anyone know if a nice clean "Factory Unlocked" version is available for "pre-order", and where would one look for this item? Any help will be appreciated.
    03-31-2017 07:39 PM
    Agreed. Just a money grab.
    LOL, really? Where else can you get a new phone every four months?
    03-31-2017 07:47 PM
    I am on Verizon and I do it about that often and pass my phone onto wife and/or children.
    03-31-2017 07:53 PM
    Spigen is already selling the cases on Amazon for $11 or $12. The same case I got on the S7 Edge from Spigen is the one I'll be getting for the S8 Plus.
    Just bought the liquid crystal in black while I wait till seidio releases their surface case. Got the screen protector from Spigen as well. Hopefully it turns out to be good.
    03-31-2017 07:57 PM
    LOL, really? Where else can you get a new phone every four months?
    Yeah, really. JOD is advertised as a no down payment lease plan. So TMobile wanting that much of a down payment is a straight up money grab because it goes against how they market that option.
    03-31-2017 08:28 PM
    Can someone explain the meaning of "JOD" ? Also does anyone know if a nice clean "Factory Unlocked" version is available for "pre-order", and where would one look for this item? Any help will be appreciated.
    Jump on demand... T-Mobile
    JOD = jump on demand, TMoble has it as a way to upgrade to a new phone more often. i also would like to know about the unlocked phones
    Verizon Arctic Silver S8+ on order here.

It's going to be a long 3 weeks, but I will also enjoy the remaining time with my S7 Edge that I got on release day. It's the best phone I've ever had, and it's not even close. Looking forward to even better things with the S8+.
    Kalkarni00 and Liquid_Chaos87 like this.
    03-31-2017 09:11 PM
    Does anyone know when the official samsung cases will be on sale or the new wireless charger?
    03-31-2017 09:13 PM
    I am on Verizon and I do it about that often and pass my phone onto wife and/or children.
    I sold my Dad my S7 and a couple of cases for $165 last month! He got a hell of a deal! His S5 was dying on him so I gave him a really good deal. I still have a V20 as a back up to my S7 edge. When I get the S8 plus the S7 edge will be my backup phone and I will sell the V20 or trade it in towards a Tab S3.
    jamezr likes this.
    03-31-2017 10:17 PM
    I ordered the S8+ in Midnight Black, with AT&T. I wish they had more pre-order incentives. I would have liked a year of Netflix or Amazon Prime. Oh well.
    03-31-2017 10:31 PM
    I sold my Dad my S7 and a couple of cases for $165 last month! He got a hell of a deal! His S5 was dying on him so I gave him a really good deal. I still have a V20 as a back up to my S7 edge. When I get the S8 plus the S7 edge will be my backup phone and I will sell the V20 or trade it in towards a Tab S3.
    You sold the phone to your dad after the hundreds of thousands he spent raising you? Lol Come on Blues
    03-31-2017 10:34 PM
1,268 ... 89101112 ...