05-09-2017 07:41 PM
1,268 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Deleted
    04-06-2017 11:26 AM
    Since I just ordered, just wondering where it says free overnight shipping on the pre-order?
    I don't see it on mine, but would assume they all would ship the same way.

*edit* Nevermind. I just noticed that the order had to be fully processed first. It's not showing that exact language, though. It shows OVERNIGHT OVERNIGHT (up to 2 business days).
    I am not worrying about it. The Note7 said that as well if I'm not mistaken.
    I am pretty sure they are all free overnight shipping.
    04-06-2017 11:42 AM
    Just talked to a Verizon rep (about my bill) but threw in the "do you think we can get it early" she said probably not. It's a tight window she says they have the phones just waiting for them to go to FedEx
    04-06-2017 12:13 PM
    I am pretty sure they are all free overnight shipping.
    Yeah they are. Talked to Verizon, they said they overnight them
    04-06-2017 12:27 PM
    Found this tidbit in an article for US and Canada customers.

In the US and Canada, the phones will arrive as early as April 18. Those who get their phones before April 21 will also be able to use them right away, a Samsung spokesman confirmed.

Link to Article
    04-06-2017 12:28 PM
    Yeah they are. Talked to Verizon, they said they overnight them
    Did they say when they are actually shipping them out?
    04-06-2017 12:30 PM
    Did they say when they are actually shipping them out?
    Yeah I asked them. The rep said it's a tight window. She also said it's possible but look for it on release date. She says they are preparing them to ship. Didn't say exactly when though
    04-06-2017 12:34 PM
    Hi there, @Blues Fan:

I want to clarify what you are calling "order tracking number" and what most people call "tracking number".

If I were to be correct, and please correct me if I am mistaken, when one says "tracking number", one most often thinks of a UPS/FedEx tracking number. So when you wrote "order tracking number", initially, I took it to mean either a UPS or FedEx tracking number.

Hope others didn't think the way I did!
    I mean the samsung order invoice number! Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully no one had a heart attack thinking I actually had a shipping tracking number.

I bought the S8 Plus Defender at best Buy and asked the sales associate who went in the back to hunt the case down. He doesn't think they will be released early and hasn't heard anything about it so far.
    04-06-2017 12:50 PM
    Just talked to a Verizon rep (about my bill) but threw in the "do you think we can get it early" she said probably not. It's a tight window she says they have the phones just waiting for them to go to FedEx
    I wonder if they are just told to say that so they are not giving out false information, because who knows at this point.
    04-06-2017 12:54 PM
    I was at Best Buy buying the S8 Plus Defender and the associate who helped me I asked him if he thinks they will release it early the orders but he doesn't think so and he did not hear anything about pre orders being released early. I'm not counting on it personally. I got my cases so I will just wait for it to come. As long as it is here by release date I'm fine. If not then I'll be raising hell.
    04-06-2017 12:55 PM
    Posted in another thread, but I pre-ordered through Best Buy shortly after midnight when ordering went live...and the charges from Best Buy just hit my credit card today, so there is at least some sort of movement.
    burrzoo likes this.
    04-06-2017 01:02 PM
    I'm not even putting myself through what I did with the Note 7 and checking statuses every damn hour. I even agreed to work on my day off which is the supposed delivery release date. When I get home it'll be there....... Reality on that day "Mom....I have a package at the house...can you bring it by my job for me? It's important. " lol. Mind you I'm 36 lol.
    04-06-2017 01:23 PM
    I remember during the Note 7 pre-order how many T-Mobile customers were upset because they didn't get the phone a week early. Some were threatening to leave T-Mobile, others were constantly calling or contacting T-Force to find out when the devices were shipping. There seems to be much less anxiety this time around, though I am sure that will change in about another week. The first person that says their card was charged or that they received a MyUPS notification will set off hysteria.
    Nexusfan1988 and ninjakel like this.
    04-06-2017 01:30 PM
    My card was charged and I received a tracking number.
    04-06-2017 01:31 PM
    I wonder if they are just told to say that so they are not giving out false information, because who knows at this point.
    Yeah true. Whatever they say I take with a grain of salt.
    04-06-2017 01:38 PM
    I was at Best Buy buying the S8 Plus Defender and the associate who helped me I asked him if he thinks they will release it early the orders but he doesn't think so and he did not hear anything about pre orders being released early. I'm not counting on it personally. I got my cases so I will just wait for it to come. As long as it is here by release date I'm fine. If not then I'll be raising hell.
    I'm figuring out which case to buy. I get wholesale price on cases. I was looking at the defender as well. It's only 26 bucks for me so that's what I'll probably go with
    04-06-2017 01:39 PM
    @Arsenio Martins:

Congratulations!

May I ask what cell provider you ordered from?

I ordered mine at midnight from TMobile so I should be one of the first to have placed my pre-order.

Thank you.
    04-06-2017 01:41 PM
    I remember during the Note 7 pre-order how many T-Mobile customers were upset because they didn't get the phone a week early. Some were threatening to leave T-Mobile, others were constantly calling or contacting T-Force to find out when the devices were shipping. There seems to be much less anxiety this time around, though I am sure that will change in about another week. The first person that says their card was charged or that they received a MyUPS notification will set off hysteria.
    I was being sarcastic based on mikef91's comment lol.
    Nexusfan1988 likes this.
    04-06-2017 01:42 PM
    Yeah it's funny how people get so upset to not receive the device early lol. Be upset if it doesn't come on the day your retailer said you would get it. But people were genuinely upset for not getting it days in advance and then questioned the reasoning for preorders. Preorders aren't necessarily for getting a device early. It's more for incentives and ensure you get a device on release day. Also for the retailers to project sales and demand. Getting it early is just the luck of the draw.
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-06-2017 02:38 PM
    Hmm.

And I take back my previous post. I did get an email from Samsung with my order info, it went to the email I use for PayPal instead of the email associated with my Samsung account.
    All good now. Took a little while and a couple of phones calls, but it's rectified. Apparently the security code on my CC was reading as incorrect. (Now, why they allow for the order to go through and generate a receipt with an order number in that situation in the first place, well that's a head-scratcher.) Email received, CC has been temporarily authorized and everything should be here by April 20.
    04-06-2017 02:52 PM
    Arsenio Martins, jamezr and FLY_TY like this.
    04-06-2017 03:14 PM
    Yeah it's funny how people get so upset to not receive the device early lol. Be upset if it doesn't come on the day your retailer said you would get it. But people were genuinely upset for not getting it days in advance and then questioned the reasoning for preorders. Preorders aren't necessarily for getting a device early. It's more for incentives and ensure you get a device on release day. Also for the retailers to project sales and demand. Getting it early is just the luck of the draw.
    Hi @scorpiodsu,

What you wrote above (highlighted in bold) is so true. Very sensible. We should all take a deep breath and enjoy while we're waiting, rather than torturing ourselves while waiting

haha.
    04-06-2017 03:15 PM
    Just checked them out at BB. I liked the 8, the plus is really nice but just too tall for me. Just pre ordered the S8 from TMO since our BB doesn't handle to.
    04-06-2017 04:00 PM
    I'm figuring out which case to buy. I get wholesale price on cases. I was looking at the defender as well. It's only 26 bucks for me so that's what I'll probably go with
    That isn't a bad price, however this version of the Defender isn't worth 60 bucks IMO. The back part of the inside the padding is cheap stuff unlike the S7 Edge version that they used a more premium rubber like backing. overall it seems they used cheaper materials on the S8 version. I looked at the regular S8 Defender at Sams and same cheap materials.

A great alternative is the I-Blason Armor Box as it has a VERY similar design and a lot cheaper.
    04-06-2017 04:04 PM
    That isn't a bad price, however this version of the Defender isn't worth 60 bucks IMO. The back part of the inside the padding is cheap stuff unlike the S7 Edge version that they used a more premium rubber like backing. overall it seems they used cheaper materials on the S8 version. I looked at the regular S8 Defender at Sams and same cheap materials.

A great alternative is the I-Blason Armor Box as it has a VERY similar design and a lot cheaper.
    Ok I'll definitely check that one out as well!
    04-06-2017 04:06 PM
1,268 ... 1617181920 ...