05-09-2017 07:41 PM
1,268 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Those that have received their trade in boxes where did it ship from? Also I remember last year my s7 came about 3 days early than what Verizon posted on their site.

I also remember the cluster @#ck that was dealing Samsung promotions when I was trying to get my Gear S2 which took almost 3 months. Hopefully they have their **** together this year with the VR (not holding my breath)
    From Verizon..I just kept the box somewhere because I may sell my s7 edge on swappa
    04-09-2017 06:23 PM
    I'm going to clarify to everybody now about the preorder bonus and purchasing through Verizon.

First, I working for the company, So I'm not pulling this out of thin air and second, People on here will vouch for the me, because whenever I give information it's always credible and correct.

You DO NOT have to be on unlimited data to get the preorder bonuses. The bonuses have NOTHING to do with Verizon and Verizon is only letting people know about the deal. Just like it says on the site and Samsungs site, You are supposed to visit the Samsung promo site once you receive the phone to submit information for bonuses.

NOW, Verizon is also running a trade in deal where you can get a upgraded value for your trade in and it will bring down your payments, but you have to trade in certain devices and be on unlimited to receive those trade in values.

I hope this clears everything up for people.

ALSO, Verizon will start shipping phones out Sunday/Monday of the week of the 21st. Don't expect anything the week before. Once you are charged, get excited. People who were able to choose overnight delivery will see movement after people who chose 2 day shipping, Which means everyone will receive most of their preorders around the same time. So for those who paid extra for overnight, don't expect it any earlier than others.

I will try to keep everyone updated on here if anything changes.
    I forgot to ask this though, my order was billed to my account, probably because I chose device payment...that shouldn't be an issue right?
    04-09-2017 06:30 PM
    how did you like the gear s2 watch? is it any good or useful? i was thinking of getting the gear s3 frontier
    It works as advertised. I mainly use it for counting steps and to listen to music with my headphones. Now that they have the connector that allows you to swap out bands that aren't silicone it's awesome. The S3 looks even better. They S2 was free and nothing beats free99.
    Kalkarni00 and ZayMoney like this.
    04-09-2017 06:35 PM
    I pre ordered the black s8+. I'm debating if I should get Dex or not. I guess I'll wait for reviews come out for it.
    04-09-2017 07:29 PM
    Bought a iPhone 7+ this year so
    trying to hold out...

So yeah, I went with black on the plus model 🤦🏼*♂️ Wife's. Gonna. Be. Thrilled. 🏼*♂️
    04-10-2017 12:05 AM
    As frustrating as it was, I'm almost glad there were so many issues with me trying to order through Samsung.com, as it forced my hand to look elsewhere. The Best Buy S8+ deal (Verizon) seems almost too good to be true, but it's completely legit. Only $29.83 per month, multiplied by 24 months, comes to $715.92. That's more than a $100 discount. Plus still eligible for the pre-order bonus and it'll be delivered to me by 4/21. Pretty sweet.
    BB is also offering a similar deal on AT&T. I am tempted, but do we have to stay on the payment plan for 24 months to be eligible for that price/deal?

What if I pay it off a couple days after the account/contract is established? This seems to be cheaper than buying retail/unlocked.
    04-10-2017 06:02 AM
    Joe, why are you not on the S8 + boards? We need info over there also.
    04-10-2017 08:00 AM
    That's correct. But the fine print says there might only be 50,000 of those bundles available. Ordering directly from Samsung allows you to purchase a bundle now. Anyone else has to wait til the phones arrive, then get the bundle.

If they decide to limit those bundles to only 50,000, they could go quick.
    I will apply for the bundle with headset and SD card the day I get the phone, but be assured that if its declined after being presented as a sales incentive, Sprint can have the phone back for not honoring the advertised deal.

I would suspect a large number of folks would not take to being told they missed out on the bundles after the fact would not sit well. Most will likely be diligent enough to complete the offer request upon receipt of the phone.
    04-10-2017 09:28 AM
    Just pre-ordered at Wal-Mart. They offer a $150 rebate AND you still get the VR kit. Nice deal. Ordered the Orchid Gray. Looking forward to pickup!
    04-10-2017 10:39 AM
    A friend of mine who ordered from T-Mobile told me he got an email stating he wont get his until 4/26 Hope it's not true.......
    04-10-2017 11:35 AM
    A friend of mine who ordered from T-Mobile told me he got an email stating he wont get his until 4/26 Hope it's not true.......
    That's odd. Just checked tmobile shipping times, and they still have the same dates listed and their shipping times are still the release date. They're pretty good about keeping that page up to date.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=wNe-z4ve
    04-10-2017 11:51 AM
    I canceled my order for my S8 Plus as I just couldn't part with my Mate 9 yet. I canceled this morning and even called to Samsung confirm the cancellation.

A few hrs later I received a Fed EX notification stating I have a package coming tomorrow. The invoice # is listed as "SAMSUNGGIFT56". So I am wondering if that is the VR????? Not sure what I should do as I have already canceled my order and there was no mention of anything being shipped to me. Hmmmm.
    04-10-2017 12:36 PM
    I canceled my order for my S8 Plus as I just couldn't part with my Mate 9 yet. I canceled this morning and even called to Samsung confirm the cancellation.

A few hrs later I received a Fed EX notification stating I have a package coming tomorrow. The invoice # is listed as "SAMSUNGGIFT56". So I am wondering if that is the VR????? Not sure what I should do as I have already canceled my order and there was no mention of anything being shipped to me. Hmmmm.
    I'd just keep it. When the Pixel XL launched I ordered two. Received two VR headsets. Sent pixels back and kept VR headsets. Also ordered two V20's.. Kept both pair of B&O headphones. No one ever asked for any of it back.
    04-10-2017 12:42 PM
    I'd just keep it. When the Pixel XL launched I ordered two. Received two VR headsets. Sent pixels back and kept VR headsets. Also ordered two V20's.. Kept both pair of B&O headphones. No one ever asked for any of it back.
    Yeah. I just thought it was kinda weird how it all happened. I really won't have any use for it though unless I get the phone later on down the road. Guess I could always sell it....
    04-10-2017 12:45 PM
    trying to hold out...

So yeah, I went with black on the plus model *♂️ Wife's. Gonna. Be. Thrilled. *♂️
    YOu better wear that helmet when you tell her...LOL
    blaine07 and burrzoo like this.
    04-10-2017 01:05 PM
    YOu better wear that helmet when you tell her...LOL
    She's now aware

Ironically got a email about backhoe rental earlier. Pretty sure she's gonna kill me 🤦🏼*♂️
    04-10-2017 01:07 PM
    trying to hold out...

So yeah, I went with black on the plus model 🤦🏼*♂️ Wife's. Gonna. Be. Thrilled. 🏼*♂️
    I've done the same bought the iPhone 7 plus in December and now ordered the orchid grey S8 plus, my wife never spoke to me for 2 days
    blaine07 likes this.
    04-10-2017 01:49 PM
    I've done the same bought the iPhone 7 plus in December and now ordered the orchid grey S8 plus, my wife never spoke to me for 2 days
    Yeah, I recently got a pretty nice new recliner... 🤦🏼*♂️
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-10-2017 02:16 PM
    trying to hold out...

So yeah, I went with black on the plus model *♂️ Wife's. Gonna. Be. Thrilled. *♂️
    You better get some cases.

I hear Samsung direct is shipping them early.
    blaine07 and Derren Woods like this.
    04-10-2017 02:38 PM

Lol only getting a few. Probably a Spigen and Rhinoshield CrashGuard.

Hopefully they do ship early
    04-10-2017 02:41 PM

Wait, samsung is shipping our phones early?
    04-10-2017 03:07 PM
    Shoot, you all are slackers. I ordered the phone without asking or telling and did the same with a new car Jan 31st. Quietest three months ever!
    lsmith9523, blaine07 and burrzoo like this.
    04-10-2017 03:40 PM
    Shoot, you all are slackers. I ordered the phone without asking or telling and did the same with a new car Jan 31st. Quietest three months ever!
    Single like me huh?
    blaine07, cert15z, DWS44 and 2 others like this.
    04-10-2017 03:58 PM
    Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission eh?
    Derren Woods and EMGSM like this.
    04-10-2017 04:01 PM
    while I was getting the screen of my S7E replaced at Best Buy (great service btw) I checked out the S8 and S8+ wow is all I can say! beautiful devices, I cannot wait to get my S8 now
    Kalkarni00 and ZayMoney like this.
    04-10-2017 05:34 PM
1,268 ... 2223242526 ...