05-09-2017 07:41 PM
1,268 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Just ordered the black+ on AT&T. Don't know if I'm going to get DEX but I know I'll buy the new convertible wireless charger.
    03-30-2017 01:25 AM
    Just did my preorder on AT&T of my Midnight Black S8 Plus! Says ships on the 19th so perhaps it'll come early!

EDIT: Still haven't gotten an email though. Anyone else get theirs from AT&T?
    03-30-2017 02:39 AM
    How does the curved edge feel in the hands? Will it slip easily?
    03-30-2017 05:14 AM
    Orchid Grey S8+ on T-MOBILE! pre-ordered!

The AKG headphones and 256gb sd card, is that the samsung offer or tmobile? It was a little confusing cause t-mobile words it like "get the gear vr with controller OR the headphones and sd card.
    It looks like it's a Samsung deal, where we have to go to the Samsung promotions site after April 10 and put in all the info and a copy of the receipt, and then Samsung sends us the package 6-8 weeks later. I know, kinda disappointing, they should just be sending these out with the phones.
    03-30-2017 05:34 AM
    Just pre ordered a black S8+ through Sprint. Was going to do Best Buy but not after the Note 7 fiasco. Sprint says it will ship on 4/17
    james702283 and justin1578 like this.
    03-30-2017 05:55 AM
    I really wish we can do the JOD for the s8+ without the $130 down. No down payment is the benefit of JOD. And down payment for JOD usually​ only for choosing higher memory option if available
    Benefit of JOD is being able to swap out your phone 3 times a year. If anything I would expect down payments to be even more on JOD since we get to swap out so frequently (don't really see how TMobile benefits from this but we do). Glad it isn't the case most of the time.
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    03-30-2017 06:05 AM
    Just did my preorder on AT&T of my Midnight Black S8 Plus! Says ships on the 19th so perhaps it'll come early!

EDIT: Still haven't gotten an email though. Anyone else get theirs from AT&T?
    I preordered like 1am this morning and within seconds of hitting " submitt " I got a confirmation email from ATT with the order number.
    03-30-2017 06:16 AM
    I usually preorder my devices, or get them on the first day from the store. This is no exception. I'm back on the Big Red Evil network (VZW) again... so I ordered mine there. I was a standard black, must be black, can only order black. Not this year. I'm going with Silver this year. It will probably have a case on it, so it really doesn't matter what color it is.

I have not had a Samsung device in a while, but I really needed a new phone and I'm not sure if I could have waited to see what Google kicks out on their new Pixel line. So I'm back on Samsung. I hope this is as good as it sounds, and I'm not trying to disable numerous apps that I can not uninstall.
    03-30-2017 06:38 AM
    I preordered like 1am this morning and within seconds of hitting " submitt " I got a confirmation email from ATT with the order number.
    Yah still haven't gotten it so i took a screenshot to be safe. Guess i'm calling up AT&T today.

EDIT: well that was no help. They can see my order but can't tell me why i didn't get an email. Guess i'll just keep an eye on the order with their search function since the order is not showing up under my account.
    03-30-2017 07:23 AM
    Only carphone warehouse are doing "gifts" with the phone. It is giving you a free Samsung Speaker work £99. So far as I can see none of the other networks (Three, Vodafone, EE, O2) are giving anything. A bit disappointed as last year I got the Samsung VR headset (even though I've barely used it lol!) I'll order it on the Samsung upgrade programme again. Oh and it's gotta be the Orchid Gray
    03-30-2017 07:31 AM
    I Preordered the Black from Best Buy...best deal out there. Saved $100! Nice
    03-30-2017 07:36 AM
    Just pre ordered galaxy s8+ from Sprint
    03-30-2017 07:44 AM
    https://samsungpromotions.com/infinitelyimmersive.html

You need to receive the device first and then go to Samsung promotions site to claim the offer. After that they will approve and you should get the promo in 2-3 weeks time at the earliest.
    I thought the whole reason to get the Samsung promotion was to Pre-order the device. By waiting till you receive the device you will be competing with store sales to get the promotional units (until they run out). Doesn't seem right.

I know Samsung.com orders are getting registered at purchase - can't the carrier sales also be registered at purchase?
    Anybody getting the promotional items during this pre-order period thru 4/21 from outlets other than Samsung.com?
    03-30-2017 08:03 AM
    Just order s8 from tmobile JOD 0 down and no tax
    Tax is billed monthly. Did you get the S8 or S8+?
    Trying to determine if they "decided" that the $130 down for the S8+ was absurd and officially changed it. I'm sure I could find a rep to do the zero down. But, if you get a clueless one, you may have to call back or do it on DM on Twitter.
    03-30-2017 08:07 AM
    Here's the official verbiage in the Samsung Terms and Conditions of this offer

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com...mmersiverules/

B. During the Redemption Period, submit a valid Offer Claim Form using the Website or Shop
    Samsung App methods described below if purchasing from a non-Samsung retailer or
    carrier, or select Gift at the time of Qualifying Purchase if purchasing on Samsung.com or
    the Shop Samsung App:
    i. Website: Visit samsung.com/us/promotions (“Website”) and complete all of the
    following steps:
    LEGAL_US_E # 126701103.7
    1. Enter the requested information on the official Offer Claim Form, which includes,
    but is not limited to: Participant’s full name (no initials), complete mailing address
    (no P.O. Boxes), valid e-mail address, a contact mobile telephone number,
    selection of the Qualifying Purchase device, and confirmation that he/she is at
    least 18 years of age. Participants will also be allowed to either log in to or set up
    a Samsung Account upon registration (accounts are free). Participants will not
    be allowed to change their mailing address or e-mail address. Note: Participants’
    full name on the official Offer Claim Form must match the name on the valid
    original Qualifying Purchase receipt submitted. Participants will not be allowed to
    change their contact information after submitting Offer Claim Form.
    2. Enter the date of the Qualifying Purchase.
    3. Enter the IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address of the Qualifying Purchase (must
    have possession of device to submit IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address).
    4. Submit original register receipt on the Website documenting the Qualifying
    Purchase during the Purchase Period by following the on-screen prompts to
    upload a photograph or .PDF of the original register receipt showing the Qualifying
    Purchase. It is recommended that a Participant first print his/her complete name
    on the original register receipt, sign and date the receipt, and circle the Qualifying
    Purchase on the receipt before uploading the receipt. The file must be in .JPEG,
    .JPG, .GIF, or .PDF format and may not exceed 8 MB.
    03-30-2017 08:12 AM
    I just ordered mine! AT&T Orchid Grey Galaxy S8+! I'm so pumped! ^_^
    03-30-2017 08:23 AM
    It looks like it's a Samsung deal, where we have to go to the Samsung promotions site after April 10 and put in all the info and a copy of the receipt, and then Samsung sends us the package 6-8 weeks later. I know, kinda disappointing, they should just be sending these out with the phones.
    So we should then be able to get BOTH deals? One from Samsung direct with the SD card and then the one from T-mo with the VR?
    03-30-2017 08:24 AM
    I will be pre-ordering in Black, but sucks living on the West coast, gonna have to wake up a little early.

Yes they did change the JOD to $0 but if you went that route then it upped your monthly payment by about $7, so either way you were still paying it. Pre-ordered the Note7 and went through that mess and ended up with a S7 Edge which is ok but I was never thrilled with it because it's what I had to compromise for so I'm really looking for ward to the S8 Plus. I'll probably upgrade to the next Note variant when that comes out :-)
    But, if you only hang onto your phone until the Note8 comes out, you're talking $210 vs $310 out of pocket. Big difference.
    03-30-2017 08:29 AM
    Tmobilehelp on Twitter told me that the S8+ is considered an upgrade to the base model which is why the down payment is required. That's BS as I always considered the upgrade model to be the memory configuration. So if I chose the S8+ with larger storage size, 128gb for example if available, then yes down payment for that. But the S8+ should be considered a separate model than the regular s8, no?
    Keep trying. If you get the right rep, they'll put it through. They tried that with me with the S7E after the Note7 and I got it put through with zero down.
    03-30-2017 08:32 AM
    @jacobjanzen - where do you see JOD when ordering?
    03-30-2017 08:35 AM
    Just purchased an S8 Plus and got a free S8 on AT&T. So 2 phones for $850. Not a bad deal. Plus I can order the VR deal from Samsung. I went with the Arctic Gray for the Plus. Can't wait to get this in! Said guaranteed by April 21.
    03-30-2017 08:40 AM
    @jacobjanzen - where do you see JOD when ordering?
    People in the thread were referencing JOD which is Jump on demand... T-Mobile.

I didn't know what it was.
    Mkeditor likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:53 AM
    My next dilemma getting a case and I'm not impressed with the lineup so far, spigens are very bland cases this time around
    03-30-2017 08:53 AM
    Got my pre order in for the S8 plus in Orchid Gray on T-MOBILE. Hopefully they ship a week early like they usually do.
    03-30-2017 09:16 AM
    Ordered S8+ on T-mobile
    03-30-2017 09:30 AM
1,268 ... 23456 ...