05-09-2017 07:41 PM
1,268 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Somewhere in one of these threads I posted that I was "patient when it comes to these things". I'd like to retract that statement. Seeing other people's orders moving and mine still in "ready for ups" since the 14th is kinda annoying me.
    04-17-2017 05:56 PM
    Somewhere in one of these threads I posted that I was "patient when it comes to these things". I'd like to retract that statement. Seeing other people's orders moving and mine still in "ready for ups" since the 14th is kinda annoying me.
    I'm in the same boat.
    04-17-2017 06:02 PM
    Post like this are what make me terrified to preorder. I'm just gonna pick it up at launch.
    04-17-2017 06:05 PM
    Post like this are what make me terrified to preorder. I'm just gonna pick it up at launch.
    Well to be honest if I didn't spend time on the forums it probably wouldn't bother me. The text I got from tmobile said the phone would be shipped on the 19th. So I would be minding my business waiting. These threads get you hyped up for early release and then annoyed that u aren't getting it early too.
    04-17-2017 06:15 PM
    Where did you order from? Are you tracking it from the carrier's website? I ordered from at&t and I haven't seen any updates from them. I had to go to UPS website and that's where I saw some movement on Saturday night. Luckily I'll have it by Wednesday.
    04-17-2017 06:26 PM
    I would have cancelled if I had the chance today, but the option was gone. I really considered hanging onto my Lg G6, but I just had buyers remorse about the S8. I'm glad I didn't cancel now, because I would've been back. Anyway, I'm guessing because the option is gone, the shipping notice should come soon.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    04-17-2017 07:21 PM
    Where did you order from? Are you tracking it from the carrier's website? I ordered from at&t and I haven't seen any updates from them. I had to go to UPS website and that's where I saw some movement on Saturday night. Luckily I'll have it by Wednesday. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a295763bae.jpg
    Ordered through tmobile. Tracking via UPS website. I dont expect anymore info from the carriers site now that it's listed as shipped.
    My UPS page looks just like yours except my label was created 04/14/17.
    Mkeditor likes this.
    04-17-2017 07:45 PM
    Just ordered mine from Best Buy - can't turn down the $100 off. S8+, orchid grey, AT&T. Picking up in store on Friday!
    FLY_TY and GibMcFragger like this.
    04-17-2017 08:58 PM
    I hear you! I ordered on March 30 and my AT&T status has said "Preparing for shipment" for about 15 days or so now while I'm starting to see folks who ordered after me get tracking numbers or tracking info! It'll all be ok.. I hope!
    04-17-2017 09:52 PM
    No update here. I've been checking daily. Just like everyone else.
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-17-2017 10:53 PM
    No update here. I've been checking daily. Just like everyone else.
    Did you order from samsung.com? Twitter wasn't much help and they told me to contact their E commerce division. I ordered on the 30th so getting it in the advertised time frame likely won't happen. I'm calling and demanding over night shipping or I'm cancelling my order and do it with tmobile.
    04-18-2017 01:40 AM
    Did you order from samsung.com? Twitter wasn't much help and they told me to contact their E commerce division. I ordered on the 30th so getting it in the advertised time frame likely won't happen. I'm calling and demanding over night shipping or I'm cancelling my order and do it with tmobile.
    with 2 day air, it still should arrive by the 20th, if it ships today. i understand that you are wanting your phone ( i am as well) but no need to panic yet.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    04-18-2017 04:08 AM
    I hear you! I ordered on March 30 and my AT&T status has said "Preparing for shipment" for about 15 days or so now while I'm starting to see folks who ordered after me get tracking numbers or tracking info! It'll all be ok.. I hope!
    That's because you need to check either UPS or Fedex if you have an account with them. The UPS MyChoice and Fedex Delivery Manager accounts alert you anytime a shipping label is created with your address. UPS is showing me a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and shipping overnight tonight.
    04-18-2017 06:25 AM
    Im not letting these pre-orders get to me anymore. There will always be a handful of people that get theirs before the masses. That's just the way it goes. I don't understand the race for everyone to want theirs first. Everyone whom preordered will still get their phone prior to 4/21. So, I don't understand the anger and hostility some people have because they didn't get theirs 4 days early.
    DaveInFL likes this.
    04-18-2017 06:44 AM
    That's because you need to check either UPS or Fedex if you have an account with them. The UPS MyChoice and Fedex Delivery Manager accounts alert you anytime a shipping label is created with your address. UPS is showing me a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and shipping overnight tonight.
    I am having mine shipped to me at work (most delivery guys are scared of my dogs at home), so Fedex Delivery Manager does not work for me. I am in a complete blackout unless they send me a tracking number
    04-18-2017 06:45 AM
    It's a phone guys, not a replacement kidney or something. Y'all need to chill out. Sure, it's fun to watch for updates and see the movement on FedEx or UPS, but at the end of the day, you ordered a phone and you'll get a phone. Sadly today's society is one of endless impatience and the need to have everything NOW.

Just know that very, very soon you'll have a great phone to play with
    04-18-2017 07:07 AM
    Im not letting these pre-orders get to me anymore. There will always be a handful of people that get theirs before the masses. That's just the way it goes. I don't understand the race for everyone to want theirs first. Everyone whom preordered will still get their phone prior to 4/21. So, I don't understand the anger and hostility some people have because they didn't get theirs 4 days early.
    Thus why I passed up on preodering the Note 7 and V20 .......... this after preordering my previous 4 phones.

So so much drama and stress monitoring the updates then shipment movements. Granted it is kinda fun but at the same time kinda sadistic to torture one's self viewing these threads haaaa !!???

With that being said ........ I did preorder the S8+ and should have my hands on it tomorrow evening yay !!
    04-18-2017 07:14 AM
    You are right of course, it is just a phone and it will arrive no worries. For me though part of the fun of a pre-order is the waiting and the tracking and all of the crazy obsession by so many (me included at times). I stood in line outside the store for my iPhone 6+ and that was a fun experience (wanted to do it once).
    milehigherik and teristark like this.
    04-18-2017 07:18 AM
    I wouldn't describe myself as angry or hostile in any sort of way. The word I used was "annoyed". It is a bit of a nuisance to be waiting patiently for one's delivery and be on the forums seeing everyone else's stuff getting to them. Like I stated in my other post, if I wasn't spending time on the forums I would probably be fine as my shipping date per tmobile is for the 19th, but reading through here adds to the excitement/anxiety of getting my device. I guess I should feel lucky to even have a tracking number though, as it seems many still don't.
    04-18-2017 07:53 AM
    I've monitored this thread closely. To my knowledge no one has actually received their phone yet. True?
    04-18-2017 08:32 AM
    True only one possible but no verification from that individual
    04-18-2017 08:36 AM
    I've monitored this thread closely. To my knowledge no one has actually received their phone yet. True?
    A few people actually have. Mostly due to carrier and shipping errors though.
    Mkeditor likes this.
    no like two or three did yesterday. One picked his up from a UPS Store, and one I think was from the driver, but they had to call and authorize it or something, another guy drove super fast to get to the customer center before they closed and got it
    Mkeditor likes this.
    You are right of course, it is just a phone and it will arrive no worries. For me though part of the fun of a pre-order is the waiting and the tracking and all of the crazy obsession by so many (me included at times). I stood in line outside the store for my iPhone 6+ and that was a fun experience (wanted to do it once).
    You're so on the money regarding our obsession about tracking and then watching the phone go thru the preorder system.

I promised myself never again due to the " enjoyed but sadistic stress " I experience until I post a picture of my brand spanking new phone but here I am ummm ..... enjoying myself

When you mentioned waiting on line for the IPhone I couldn't help but picture some folks doing this at the Apple store haaaaaaaaa .......
    04-18-2017 08:43 AM
    I don't believe anyone who pre-ordered through Samsung has. I know a few (2 or 3) T-Mobile customers have received phones that slipped through the hold at UPS.
    04-18-2017 08:47 AM
1,268 ... 3940414243 ...