Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Somewhere in one of these threads I posted that I was "patient when it comes to these things". I'd like to retract that statement. Seeing other people's orders moving and mine still in "ready for ups" since the 14th is kinda annoying me.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Somewhere in one of these threads I posted that I was "patient when it comes to these things". I'd like to retract that statement. Seeing other people's orders moving and mine still in "ready for ups" since the 14th is kinda annoying me.
Post like this are what make me terrified to preorder. I'm just gonna pick it up at launch.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Post like this are what make me terrified to preorder. I'm just gonna pick it up at launch.
Well to be honest if I didn't spend time on the forums it probably wouldn't bother me. The text I got from tmobile said the phone would be shipped on the 19th. So I would be minding my business waiting. These threads get you hyped up for early release and then annoyed that u aren't getting it early too.

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Where did you order from? Are you tracking it from the carrier's website? I ordered from at&t and I haven't seen any updates from them. I had to go to UPS website and that's where I saw some movement on Saturday night. Luckily I'll have it by Wednesday.
fc58b6fcc024795219d0f0a295763bae.jpg

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I would have cancelled if I had the chance today, but the option was gone. I really considered hanging onto my Lg G6, but I just had buyers remorse about the S8. I'm glad I didn't cancel now, because I would've been back. Anyway, I'm guessing because the option is gone, the shipping notice should come soon.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Where did you order from? Are you tracking it from the carrier's website? I ordered from at&t and I haven't seen any updates from them. I had to go to UPS website and that's where I saw some movement on Saturday night. Luckily I'll have it by Wednesday. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170417/fc58b6fcc024795219d0f0a295763bae.jpg
Ordered through tmobile. Tracking via UPS website. I dont expect anymore info from the carriers site now that it's listed as shipped.
My UPS page looks just like yours except my label was created 04/14/17.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I hear you! I ordered on March 30 and my AT&T status has said "Preparing for shipment" for about 15 days or so now while I'm starting to see folks who ordered after me get tracking numbers or tracking info! It'll all be ok.. I hope! :)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No update here. I've been checking daily. Just like everyone else.

Did you order from samsung.com? Twitter wasn't much help and they told me to contact their E commerce division. I ordered on the 30th so getting it in the advertised time frame likely won't happen. I'm calling and demanding over night shipping or I'm cancelling my order and do it with tmobile.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Did you order from samsung.com? Twitter wasn't much help and they told me to contact their E commerce division. I ordered on the 30th so getting it in the advertised time frame likely won't happen. I'm calling and demanding over night shipping or I'm cancelling my order and do it with tmobile.

with 2 day air, it still should arrive by the 20th, if it ships today. i understand that you are wanting your phone ( i am as well) but no need to panic yet.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I hear you! I ordered on March 30 and my AT&T status has said "Preparing for shipment" for about 15 days or so now while I'm starting to see folks who ordered after me get tracking numbers or tracking info! It'll all be ok.. I hope! :)

That's because you need to check either UPS or Fedex if you have an account with them. The UPS MyChoice and Fedex Delivery Manager accounts alert you anytime a shipping label is created with your address. UPS is showing me a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and shipping overnight tonight.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Im not letting these pre-orders get to me anymore. There will always be a handful of people that get theirs before the masses. That's just the way it goes. I don't understand the race for everyone to want theirs first. Everyone whom preordered will still get their phone prior to 4/21. So, I don't understand the anger and hostility some people have because they didn't get theirs 4 days early.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
That's because you need to check either UPS or Fedex if you have an account with them. The UPS MyChoice and Fedex Delivery Manager accounts alert you anytime a shipping label is created with your address. UPS is showing me a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and shipping overnight tonight.

I am having mine shipped to me at work (most delivery guys are scared of my dogs at home), so Fedex Delivery Manager does not work for me. I am in a complete blackout unless they send me a tracking number

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a phone guys, not a replacement kidney or something. Y'all need to chill out. Sure, it's fun to watch for updates and see the movement on FedEx or UPS, but at the end of the day, you ordered a phone and you'll get a phone. Sadly today's society is one of endless impatience and the need to have everything NOW.

Just know that very, very soon you'll have a great phone to play with :)

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Im not letting these pre-orders get to me anymore. There will always be a handful of people that get theirs before the masses. That's just the way it goes. I don't understand the race for everyone to want theirs first. Everyone whom preordered will still get their phone prior to 4/21. So, I don't understand the anger and hostility some people have because they didn't get theirs 4 days early.
Thus why I passed up on preodering the Note 7 and V20 .......... this after preordering my previous 4 phones.

So so much drama and stress monitoring the updates then shipment movements. Granted it is kinda fun but at the same time kinda sadistic to torture one's self viewing these threads haaaa !!???

With that being said ........ I did preorder the S8+ and should have my hands on it tomorrow evening yay !!

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
You are right of course, it is just a phone and it will arrive no worries. For me though part of the fun of a pre-order is the waiting and the tracking and all of the crazy obsession by so many (me included at times). I stood in line outside the store for my iPhone 6+ and that was a fun experience (wanted to do it once).

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't describe myself as angry or hostile in any sort of way. The word I used was "annoyed". It is a bit of a nuisance to be waiting patiently for one's delivery and be on the forums seeing everyone else's stuff getting to them. Like I stated in my other post, if I wasn't spending time on the forums I would probably be fine as my shipping date per tmobile is for the 19th, but reading through here adds to the excitement/anxiety of getting my device. I guess I should feel lucky to even have a tracking number though, as it seems many still don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2