05-09-2017 07:41 PM
1,268 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Completed my switch to T Mobile from ATT with my S7 Edge. I am now pre-ordered for the S8 plus in Sexy Black. I paid the $130. But T Mobile will be paying for my ETF for my S7 Edge on ATT and I got a deal on the 2 line plan. It was $100 bucks a month for two lines with unlimited talk, text, and data. They took 20% off that so I will only have to pay 80 bucks a month now on two unlimited lines. Great deal. Can't wait to get the G8+!!!!!
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    03-30-2017 04:18 PM
    How/where on the Verizon pre-order did you get $360 for an S6? I tried going through their site shortly after midnight last night for a pre-order and it offered me a whopping $135 for my S6 Edge. I said the heck with that and pre-ordered from Best Buy instead.
    On the purchase page there was an option to select Trade-In an existing device. Also on the title you had a offer hyperlink that listed the tradein values depending on phone type being traded-in.

The first page of the TradeIn process lists the "normal non-promo" trade-in values (it says that on the screen). If you continue thru the process it will finally list the appropriate promotional deduction (in my case $360) that will be credited over the 24 month billing cycle once the trade-in is returned.

Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread-2017-03-30_17-31-33.png
    DWS44 likes this.
    03-30-2017 04:36 PM
    Also ordering from the samsung site is has this one click activation since it comes with a SIM card. I already have Tmobile so I don't need to select this option since I'm just popping in my sim card instead?
    As Blues Fan, I ordered from Samsung's site & already have Tmobile service. Anyone with prior experience with ordering from Samsung directly instead from the carrier, please shed some light!

Will I be able to just pop in the SIM card I have now and start using the phone right away?

I checked my account at Samsung and saw this:

Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread-samsungs8.png

Thanks for the help guys.
    03-30-2017 04:36 PM
    that's what I'm going to do, it is painful, but I'm holding out hoping it goes to $0 down
    Worst case is get the S8 around launch day and hold out for the Note8. I hope they don't release a Note8+. Of course the "more premium device" excuse could be used for that one.
    I thought T-mobile were trailblazers, not Verizon copycats now that they got some of their subscribers.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    03-30-2017 05:41 PM
    03-30-2017 05:50 PM
    As Blues Fan, I ordered from Samsung's site & already have Tmobile service. Anyone with prior experience with ordering from Samsung directly instead from the carrier, please shed some light!

Will I be able to just pop in the SIM card I have now and start using the phone right away?

I checked my account at Samsung and saw this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samsungS8.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	255386

Thanks for the help guys.
    Yes, you should be able to just pop in your SIM card into the phone and go town town. That is what I did with my LG V20 I ordered off Amazon. The only time you will be unable to is if you don't have a nano simcard.

From what you posted on that screen shot it wants you to select a carrier plan. You already have a plan with tmobile. If you don't have a plan and plan on activating that new line it looks like they start the billing cycle right away even though you don't have the phone yet!
    03-30-2017 06:37 PM
    I paid the $130 but I have a S7 Edge on that line so I don't know how they did that but I figured I was going to have to add a line to get it but I can't wait on the Note 8 not knowing for sure if that will even happen but I'll just have to try and sell the Edge. I just love the bigger screens so I may should have waited on the Note!
    I also wonder if you preorder early enough how soon we may receive them. I remember last year I preordered the LG V20 when the Note 7 died and I got it 2 weeks before launch day!

`
    Note 8 is happening. Already confirmed by Samsung.
    03-30-2017 06:46 PM
    You get a little card that comes with your phone. You just go to the site, enter in a code, your EMEI, and I believe proof of purchase. Atleast that is what I had to do for the free Gear last year.
    03-30-2017 06:50 PM
    Show of hands, who's buying one? And what color/storage are you getting? If you're not getting one... why not?
    Planning on buying the GS8 Midnight Black through AT&T but not full price or Next. I tried to pre-order today going through Loyalty team at AT&T but they can't offer me an exception for two year contract extension until 4/21.
    03-30-2017 06:54 PM
    You get a little card that comes with your phone. You just go to the site, enter in a code, your EMEI, and I believe proof of purchase. Atleast that is what I had to do for the free Gear last year.
    That is what I did too with tmobile last year with the Note 7 and s7 edge. When you get the phone you plug the IMEI into the website as proof. They only have a certain number of gifts set aside so the sooner you get online to register it the better.
    03-30-2017 06:55 PM
    Yup! Only 350,000 I believe.
    03-30-2017 07:00 PM
    Planning on buying the GS8 Midnight Black through AT&T but not full price or Next. I tried to pre-order today going through Loyalty team at AT&T but they can't offer me an exception for two year contract extension until 4/21.
    I thought AT&T stopped contracts? I used to be with them but they did the nick & dime thing with me so I left.
    03-30-2017 07:35 PM
    just ordered a midnight black S8 from Sprint, Ill turn in my leased S7e when I get it, so excited!
    03-30-2017 08:02 PM
    I ordered the Orchid Grey this morning on Verizon. I would have went elsewhere but since my plan is no longer available with Verizon and I needed to bypass it with a rep's help (which I am surprised she helped me do that and didn't try to get me to upgrade my plan). I am excited since I haven't had a new phone since the Note 4.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:06 PM
    Is there any hope we all might get our pre orders like a week before the 21st? Someone linked to an article for UK users 8 days before the official launch.
    03-30-2017 08:09 PM
    I see that if you preorder on Samsung site it says you should get it the 20th instead of 21. I know it's only one day but I kind of want to cancel my Verizon preorder and go through Samsung now haha.
    03-30-2017 08:24 PM
    I copied and pasted this from the Samsung website where you go to sign up for the promotion....
    Infinitely immersive
    Valid purchase period: 3/30/2017 - 4/20/2017
    Get the new Gear VR with Controller for free, plus Oculus content bonus when you pre-order the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+. For a limited time you can add premium headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card for just $99.*
    Pre-Order Now
    I think if I remember correctly you can't order these freebies until you receive the phone but some carriers ship them with the phone. TMobile doesn't but I know Sprint did with the 7 Edge's. It was the VR headset and I still have them and have only used them maybe one/two times. Probably won't use these either
    Learn More ........
    03-30-2017 08:53 PM
    I knew it was going to happen but I am so impatient.....LOL And it's quite possible I will hate myself for not waiting.
    03-30-2017 09:08 PM
    On the purchase page there was an option...
    Interesting. My attempt wasn't showing up that way last night for some reason. Maybe early glitches since it was very early after it was live, or maybe I just wasn't carrying it far enough before cancelling. Either way, Thanks for the explanation!
    03-30-2017 09:31 PM
    don't sign it. it will void the order after 48 hrs automatically if you don't sign it
    03-30-2017 10:29 PM
    this is my first time pre ordering a galaxy s8 do these phone ever accidently ship and arrive before the launch date? or is samsung strict about it like apple!
    03-30-2017 10:32 PM
    I see that if you preorder on Samsung site it says you should get it the 20th instead of 21. I know it's only one day but I kind of want to cancel my Verizon preorder and go through Samsung now haha.
    I'm hoping it's sooner than that based on what some articles said. Could be up to a week early some suggest.
    03-30-2017 10:32 PM
    I wonder like the Note 7 if we will start seeing tons of posts and threads starting around 4/19 with people staying up all night tracking the flight times of planes and such. That was something to witness.

Hoping that we get it a week earlier like a few articles mention for overseas possibly.

How much would best buy give for the VR for trade in?
    03-30-2017 10:48 PM
    I thought AT&T stopped contracts? I used to be with them but they did the nick & dime thing with me so I left.
    Been with AT&T since 1994 so the loyalty department tends to grant overrides.
    03-30-2017 10:51 PM
    I wonder like the Note 7 if we will start seeing tons of posts and threads starting around 4/19 with people staying up all night tracking the flight times of planes and such. That was something to witness.

Hoping that we get it a week earlier like a few articles mention for overseas possibly.

How much would best buy give for the VR for trade in?
    jn3wman likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:03 PM
1,268 ... 56789 ...