Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Show of hands, who's buying one? And what color/storage are you getting? If you're not getting one... why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Official S8 Pre-Order Links

All of the big four US carriers will carry the S8 and S8+. Pre-order links below... let's keep adding more from other countries as we spot them!

Retailers

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

VERIZON
Preorders start March 30th. Available in stores April 21st.
Preorder customers receive free Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content pack, or instead opt for $99 “Experience Box” with Gear VR and Controller, Harman Kardon headphones and 256 GB microSD card

Galaxy S8: $720 full retail
Monthly installments: $30 / mo for 24 months

Galaxy S8 Plus: $840 full retail
Monthly installments: $35 / mo for 24 months

AT&T
Preorder customers receive free Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content pack.

Galaxy S8: $750 full retail
AT&T Next: $25 / mo for 30 months
AT&T Next Every Year: $31.25 / mo for 24 months

Galaxy S8 Plus: $850 full retail
AT&T Next: $28.34 / mo for 30 months
AT&T Next Every Year: $35.42 / mo for 24 months

T-MOBILE
Preorder customers receive free Gear VR with Controller and Oculus game pack.
T-Mobile @Work customers get free DeX desktop dock with in-store preorder.

Galaxy S8: $750 full retail ($729 at MetroPCS)
Monthly installments: $30 down payment + $30 / mo for 24 months
Jump! On Demand: $0 down +$33 / mo for 24 months

Galaxy S8 Plus: $850 full retail
Monthly installments: $130 down payment + $30 / mo for 24 months
Jump! On Demand: Same as monthly installments

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Ohhhh yeah! Black.

I hope the $130 down for JOD peeps, gets eliminated before the preorder starts. I think it was the N7 where they made JOD peeps pay a down payment like EIP, only to reverse it the next day.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Ohhhh yeah! Black.

I hope the $130 down for JOD peeps, gets eliminated before the preorder starts. I think it was the N7 where they made JOD peeps pay a down payment like EIP, only to reverse it the next day.

I will be pre-ordering in Black, but sucks living on the West coast, gonna have to wake up a little early.

Yes they did change the JOD to $0 but if you went that route then it upped your monthly payment by about $7, so either way you were still paying it. Pre-ordered the Note7 and went through that mess and ended up with a S7 Edge which is ok but I was never thrilled with it because it's what I had to compromise for so I'm really looking for ward to the S8 Plus. I'll probably upgrade to the next Note variant when that comes out :)

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

S8+ in black for me, may not be preordering this time though, I'll see what offers are about first. Pre-orders are already open in the UK through the Samsung store and I'm a bit disappointed that they aren't offering anything with it like the vr with the S7. I'm sure someone else will though.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

With not much of a difference in the camera, I am now thinking about the pre-order. The camera specs are the same as they are available in the S7 variants. Even the software seems like you can get along nicely with the S7 nougat update. Will wait for more hands-on reviews. Another biggest factor is pricing....

pjm1891

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

My pre-order is in. Official launch is the 28th over here (Swe) but pre-orders get theirs on the 19th.
Got an Orchid Grey +

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I wonder how they would handle pre-orders on T Mobile if I want to switch from ATT... The two unlimited lines at 100 bucks straight up sounds very delicious. And having an S8+ on a carrier who does not over bloat the phone would be nice...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Ohhhh yeah! Black.

Yep it was the Note 7 and they got a ton of backlash for it. Surprised they are going to try and push it again and it's even higher down payment this time.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I will be pre-ordering in Black, but sucks living on the West coast, gonna have to wake up a little early.

Yes they did change the JOD to $0 but if you went that route then it upped your monthly payment by about $7, so either way you were still paying it. Pre-ordered the Note7 and went through that mess and ended up with a S7 Edge which is ok but I was never thrilled with it because it's what I had to compromise for so I'm really looking for ward to the S8 Plus. I'll probably upgrade to the next Note variant when that comes out :)
You are only still paying it if you keep the phone the entire lease. If you Jump again in 6 months, you would have paid considerably less by having a higher monthly payment vs a down payment and lower monthly.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

So much for Coral Blue at launch, apparently. Got excited when it was part of the presentation today, but all the pre-order links only show Black, Silver, and Orchid. I'll probably go with Silver, but wonder how soon Best Buy will have them on display in stores to see how they really look.

D3SPA1R

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site

I was planning on getting one but with a lot of contemplating, I decided to wait for the Note 8 and see what Samsung will do with that. There isn't too much of a change with the S8 for me to want to get it but it's definitely a great phone on the market.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Just found the S8+ pricing per month on the AT&T next program is less than what i'm paying for my S7E. So yah i'll be getting that sweet Black S8+!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae