Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

VERIZON
Preorders start March 30th. Available in stores April 21st.
Preorder customers receive free Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content pack, or instead opt for $99 “Experience Box” with Gear VR and Controller, Harman Kardon headphones and 256 GB microSD card

Galaxy S8: $720 full retail
Monthly installments: $30 / mo for 24 months

Galaxy S8 Plus: $840 full retail
Monthly installments: $35 / mo for 24 months

AT&T
Preorder customers receive free Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content pack.

Galaxy S8: $750 full retail
AT&T Next: $25 / mo for 30 months
AT&T Next Every Year: $31.25 / mo for 24 months

Galaxy S8 Plus: $850 full retail
AT&T Next: $28.34 / mo for 30 months
AT&T Next Every Year: $35.42 / mo for 24 months

T-MOBILE
Preorder customers receive free Gear VR with Controller and Oculus game pack.
T-Mobile @Work customers get free DeX desktop dock with in-store preorder.

Galaxy S8: $750 full retail ($729 at MetroPCS)
Monthly installments: $30 down payment + $30 / mo for 24 months
Jump! On Demand: $0 down +$33 / mo for 24 months

Galaxy S8 Plus: $850 full retail
Monthly installments: $130 down payment + $30 / mo for 24 months
Jump! On Demand: Same as monthly installments

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

They look like earbuds to me, in all of the pictures I've seen.

That is what is coming in the box with the phone. And I think those will have to connect to the phone via the 3.5mm headphone jack. I am talking about the promo that is advertised on the Samsung Website...

Samsung Promotions

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

You get earbuds with the phone and if you pay the $99 extra for the VR Experience Box you get a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Why is T Mobile more expensive than the others for buying outright? Also they don't partner with Best Buy so we can get the $100 off they are doing for the other 3 carriers?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Why is T Mobile more expensive than the others for buying outright? Also they don't partner with Best Buy so we can get the $100 off they are doing for the other 3 carriers?
Best buy is running the $100 promotion, not Samsung or not a partnership with the carriers. They can do it because they get a kick back from the carriers for customers signing the payment plan. They don't get that kickback when someone buys the phone outright so that's why best buy charges more for an outright purchase.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

I really wish we can do the JOD for the s8+ without the $130 down. No down payment is the benefit of JOD. And down payment for JOD usually​ only for choosing higher memory option if available

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I really wish we can do the JOD for the s8+ without the $130 down. No down payment is the benefit of JOD. And down payment for JOD usually​ only for choosing higher memory option if available
It's a money grab like they did for the Note 7. Hopefully they get tremendous backlash like they did before and back down. I refuse to pay a down payment on JOD.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

It's a money grab like they did for the Note 7. Hopefully they get tremendous backlash like they did before and back down. I refuse to pay a down payment on JOD.
Tmobilehelp on Twitter told me that the S8+ is considered an upgrade to the base model which is why the down payment is required. That's BS as I always considered the upgrade model to be the memory configuration. So if I chose the S8+ with larger storage size, 128gb for example if available, then yes down payment for that. But the S8+ should be considered a separate model than the regular s8, no?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Tmobilehelp on Twitter told me that the S8+ is considered an upgrade to the base model which is why the down payment is required. That's BS as I always considered the upgrade model to be the memory configuration. So if I chose the S8+ with larger storage size, 128gb for example if available, then yes down payment for that. But the S8+ should be considered a separate model than the regular s8, no?
Yep, it's a total joke and a money grab. I won't be giving a down payment. Not now. Not ever.

jacobjanzen

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

I just preordered a black S8+, directly through Samsung in Canada.

Quick (maybe silly) question... What's JOD mean? Google isn't helping :)

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Look at the screen size differences....

Pixel XL 5.5
S8 Plus 6.2
IP 7 Plus 5.5

capture-jpg.694130

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I will pre-order the Black one... I will probably do it through AT&T though it doesn't seem like they have the $99 offer. I will *not* do it with Best Buy. They bungled the Note 7 launch where so many pre-orders received their phone weeks after launch, so I don't wish to experience that again. They do say that a pre-order does NOT guarantee you receiving your phone by the launch date, so keep that in mind.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Just pre ordered the Arctic Silver through AT&T. 3 weeks to wait