Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Well I'm having a blast trying to get mine from T-Mobile. First they tell me that they're gonna charge me $20 to help me order it or I could just do that online. Well the problem I told her is I wanted to add JOD and you can't do that online! It'll only let you do the regular JUMP!

I thanked the csr and try again and the second CSR wants me to put a down payment of $150 for it because I don't have JOD, I try to tell her I want JOD added as I order the S8+. She tells me there's no way around the down payment. Lucky for me, my line got disconnected.

I call again and this time the CSR agree to help me. I told him I wanted the grey S8+ not the S8 and after getting everything done, he tells me there's a charge of $21.12 and that's the tax he says. I argue that that's impossible JOD has a 0 down and no taxes. He says he'll waive it after I give him the CC info, so I agree.

I get my email from them to sign and I go back to check on T-Mobile's site and the charge is the upgrade fee that I was trying to avoid. To my surprise the csr put the wrong order in and instead of the S8+, I'm getting the S8... So I call again...

The 4th csr tells me she can cancel the order but I would have to wait til Monday to order again. I told her that's not my fault you guys screwed up my order. There has to be a way for you guys to re-order it and she says there's no way. Later on she tells me that I can re-order if I go to a T-Mobile store, and they can by pass it.

So now it's off to the store where I know it's gonna get even more interesting....

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I preordered an AT&T model via Samsung's web site and paid $99 for the package that offers the Bluetooth headphones and the 256 GB card. I hope there aren't any disadvantages in ordering through Samsung and not AT&T or Best Buy. I could only see advantages though I suppose if I have to do a return that could be a nightmare.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Yeah for AT&T that's probably the case and not much of an advantage of Samsung vs AT&T or BestBuy so good deal for you.

I pre-ordered through Verizon since they are offering a promotional deal to trade-in previous phone's and get up to 1/2 off the purchase price. Our Samsung Galaxy S6 is worth $360 off the S8 base unit -so that's a good deal for us.

I want the same $99 package but will now have to wait until the phone is received (4/21) and hope the "limited supplies" are not all gone by then.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I'm going to order the Tmobile S8 Plus via samsung.com after I work out. It will be at least 20 dollars cheaper than Tmobile due to the assist fee they now charge in store and ordering over the phone. Also sounds like we might get the phones a bit earlier this time too.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I thought the whole reason to get the Samsung promotion was to Pre-order the device. By waiting till you receive the device you will be competing with store sales to get the promotional units (until they run out). Doesn't seem right.

I know Samsung.com orders are getting registered at purchase - can't the carrier sales also be registered at purchase?
Anybody getting the promotional items during this pre-order period thru 4/21 from outlets other than Samsung.com?

It's always been like that. This is nothing new for Samsung promos. You need to provide your device IMEI to claim. Otherwise people could just preorder, and then cancel and try to use a preorder confirmation as a receipt. And to answer your last questions, in the past, if Best Buy had the item in stock they would give it to you on the spot when you picked up your preorder from them so you didn't have to claim it on Samsung's site. I wouldn't be surprise if other retailers who carry those items would offer that as well but in most cases you have to wait to you get your device and claim on Samsung's site.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Also ordering from the samsung site is has this one click activation since it comes with a SIM card. I already have Tmobile so I don't need to select this option since I'm just popping in my sim card instead?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Benefit of JOD is being able to swap out your phone 3 times a year. If anything I would expect down payments to be even more on JOD since we get to swap out so frequently (don't really see how TMobile benefits from this but we do). Glad it isn't the case most of the time.

I remember when I joined T-Mobile and signed up for JOD several years ago I was told about being able to swap phones 3 times a year but there would be a $99 fee plus tax each time I did it. I wasn't thrilled about the $142.35 ($130 plus tax) down payment for the S8 Plus but I want out of the S7 Edge (result of having to return the Note 7) so I'm good with it.

I seem to recall a discussion about JOD last summer that T-Mobile was no longer offering JOD, only Jump. Not sure if that is the case or not but a co-worker tried to switch from Jump to JOD during the launch of the Note 7 and was told it was not possible. This may vary depending on the T-Mobile rep you talk to.

RiaHannam

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I just pre-ordered my S8 in Orchid Gray with T-Mobile. Free overnight shipping when it's ready (4/20 or 4/21).

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Decided to pull the trigger on the Arctic Silver S8 T-Mobile on Samsung.com.

S8 + Gear VR/controller + AKG Y50BT headphones + 256 gb microsd + 1 month free premium care for $749.99 plus tax.

Now I'll just get out of my JOD on the V20.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I just pre-ordered my S8 in Orchid Gray with T-Mobile. Free overnight shipping when it's ready (4/20 or 4/21).

I'm thinking TMO will ship early like they usually do and we will get them around 4/14.
I ordered the S8 plus Orchid Gray

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I remember when I joined T-Mobile and signed up for JOD several years ago I was told about being able to swap phones 3 times a year but there would be a $99 fee plus tax each time I did it. I wasn't thrilled about the $142.35 ($130 plus tax) down payment for the S8 Plus but I want out of the S7 Edge (result of having to return the Note 7) so I'm good with it.

I seem to recall a discussion about JOD last summer that T-Mobile was no longer offering JOD, only Jump. Not sure if that is the case or not but a co-worker tried to switch from Jump to JOD during the launch of the Note 7 and was told it was not possible. This may vary depending on the T-Mobile rep you talk to.

The thing is, I got JOD added to my line last Sunday when I ordered the LG G6. If you read my story above, I managed to add JOD on my other line but it got cancel because the CSR put the wrong order in.

To continue my story, I went to the store and they told me there's no way they can add JOD and they are forbidden to add it. So the guy suggested I try call T-Mobile again. I did and this CSR told me she can't add JOD and that T-Mobile will allow JOD in store on the 21st and only with the S8. Makes no sense to me wtf is going at T-Mobile. This was the only csr that told me she was not allow to give me JOD.

I did manage to get JOD back when I asked to be transfer to retention. The guy I spoke with was glad to give me JOD and re-order the S8+ but he told me I would have to put a $130 down..... I decided to go for the S8 instead because it's 0 down. He also told me that now I should have 2 JOD lines. So yes you can get JOD you just need to get the right CSR.

I am a bit confuse, did anyone with JOD that order the S8+ have to put a down payment down????

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

The thing is, I got JOD added to my line last Sunday when I ordered the LG G6. If you read my story above, I managed to add JOD on my other line but it got cancel because the CSR put the wrong order in.

To continue my story, I went to the store and they told me there's no way they can add JOD and they are forbidden to add it. So the guy suggested I try call T-Mobile again. I did and this CSR told me she can't add JOD and that T-Mobile will allow JOD in store on the 21st and only with the S8. Makes no sense to me wtf is going at T-Mobile. This was the only csr that told me she was not allow to give me JOD.

I did manage to get JOD back when I asked to be transfer to retention. The guy I spoke with was glad to give me JOD and re-order the S8+ but he told me I would have to put a $130 down..... I decided to go for the S8 instead because it's 0 down. He also told me that now I should have 2 JOD lines. So yes you can get JOD you just need to get the right CSR.

I am a bit confuse, did anyone with JOD that order the S8+ have to put a down payment down????
Everyone that I've seen post had to put a down payment for the S8+ on JOD.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I'm thinking TMO will ship early like they usually do and we will get them around 4/14.
I ordered the S8 plus Orchid Gray

Don't count on it. Samsung on the Note 7 squashed that because they were mad they were shipping phones weeks in advance. Now there is word that overall they might be shipped up to 8 days early but that is likely Samsung giving the green light. I'm ordering from samsung website this afternoon. and assuming I get it by 420 and not sooner this time. Besides, until I have a good case for it it really doesn't matter because I certainly won't use the thing without a case and the fragile screen.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Everyone that I've seen post had to put a down payment for the S8+ on JOD.

Thanks, I agree with you, I'm not paying any down payment considering the whole purpose of JOD is to get the next hot phone. Down payment is fine if you want to keep the phone, not if you're always upgrading 3X a year. I'm planning on getting either the Note 8 or Iphone 8 or both since I have 2 JOD now.

I guess I'm off to the S8 forum now since I am no longer getting the S8+, lol.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I did, it was $142.35 T-Mobile JOD on S8 Plus. A co-worker is doing his pre-order now and he also has to pay the $142.35 but our cards will not be charged until the phone ships. The S8 is the only one that is $0 down. Someone posted earlier that the rep explained that they see the Plus as an upgraded version so they are charging the down payment.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Any of you getting the Premium Care Plan?

It looks like Samsung is stepping up their customer service by offering their insurance directly for $11.99 per month. Damaged screens covered and next day shipping.

I read through the terms and conditions and no deductibles were listed. For 2 years that'll be $287.76 for insurance.

If you go with some other insurance that makes you pay a $200 deductible, for one incident in 2 years, you could pay 391.00 (of course the deductible drops in year 2), but the Samsung Premium Care might be the way to go if you don't want to pay $200 to get a replacement.

If I'm purchasing an S8 or S8+, I'd get it through Samsung.com. Also, if you finance it through them (I'm sure its a third party bank), I bet they'd let you double up payments per month or pay just a little extra as opposed to AT&T only letting you pay the balance.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Any of you getting the Premium Care Plan?

It looks like Samsung is stepping up their customer service by offering their insurance directly for $11.99 per month. Damaged screens covered and next day shipping.

I read through the terms and conditions and no deductibles were listed. For 2 years that'll be $287.76 for insurance.

If you go with some other insurance that makes you pay a $200 deductible, for one incident in 2 years, you could pay 391.00 (of course the deductible drops in year 2), but the Samsung Premium Care might be the way to go if you don't want to pay $200 to get a replacement.

If I'm purchasing an S8 or S8+, I'd get it through Samsung.com. Also, if you finance it through them (I'm sure its a third party bank), I bet they'd let you double up payments per month or pay just a little extra as opposed to AT&T only letting you pay the balance.
I'm starting with the free month of Premium care and that will give me time to decide. The insurance I use now is $8/month on my V20 with $50 deductible.

I'll have to read the fine print on Premium Care to decide for sure.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

I pre-ordered through Verizon since they are offering a promotional deal to trade-in previous phone's and get up to 1/2 off the purchase price. Our Samsung Galaxy S6 is worth $360 off the S8 base unit -so that's a good deal for us.

How/where on the Verizon pre-order did you get $360 for an S6? I tried going through their site shortly after midnight last night for a pre-order and it offered me a whopping $135 for my S6 Edge. I said the heck with that and pre-ordered from Best Buy instead.

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site

Tax is billed monthly. Did you get the S8 or S8+?
Trying to determine if they "decided" that the $130 down for the S8+ was absurd and officially changed it. I'm sure I could find a rep to do the zero down. But, if you get a clueless one, you may have to call back or do it on DM on Twitter.
Got S8 because of 0 down

champppy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile with the S8+.

Is JOD worth it? I already paid the $130 down payment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance