Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

Tax is billed monthly. Did you get the S8 or S8+?
Trying to determine if they "decided" that the $130 down for the S8+ was absurd and officially changed it. I'm sure I could find a rep to do the zero down. But, if you get a clueless one, you may have to call back or do it on DM on Twitter.

I "had" to make an $8 down payment... yes EIGHT.... LMAO!!!

Through BestBuy but they had the best deal for me. I am still on an old contract but got device payments. Hoping to do the new phone every year thing with Sammy.

Whoops wrong thread... S8 Plus... hahah :) it is ok we are still brothers!!

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

After an ordering debacle last night with T-Mobile and not being able to submit my order or receiving the EIP email to sign I finally just went to Samsung.com and ordered the Black T-Mobile S8+ outright. Hoping since it is coming directly from Sammy that it may arrive a little early??? Who knows but at least I know now it is coming at some point.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Verizon has condition that you must switch to an unlimited plan, plus pay $30 to get the $15/mo trade-in deal and pre-order the S8. Screw that.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Order the Orchid Grey S8 from the Samsung site. T-Mobile was a bit of a mess for me and didn't have time to be faffing around with them. Decided to do the $99 upgrade with the nice headphones and 256GB memory card.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I agree with you, I'm not paying any down payment considering the whole purpose of JOD is to get the next hot phone. Down payment is fine if you want to keep the phone, not if you're always upgrading 3X a year. I'm planning on getting either the Note 8 or Iphone 8 or both since I have 2 JOD now.

I guess I'm off to the S8 forum now since I am no longer getting the S8+, lol.
I'm not settling for a smaller phone because T-mobile is screwing this up.

Everyone that I've seen post had to put a down payment for the S8+ on JOD.
I'm waiting it out a little to see if their stance changes. There's no queue as to when you order and when you receive, so no harm in waiting a few days or even a week or two.

Last edited:

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Decided to pull the trigger on the Arctic Silver S8 T-Mobile on Samsung.com.

S8 + Gear VR/controller + AKG Y50BT headphones + 256 gb microsd + 1 month free premium care for $749.99 plus tax.

Now I'll just get out of my JOD on the V20.

Looks like you got the $100 extra off on the Silver one. I got the exact same but in Orchid Grey and it was $100 more than yours.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Looks like you got the $100 extra off on the Silver one. I got the exact same but in Orchid Grey and it was $100 more than yours.
Yeah the silver has a lower price for T-Mobile only. Not sure why but I'll take it. Better than giving T-Mobile $100 in profit.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to order the Tmobile S8 Plus via samsung.com after I work out. It will be at least 20 dollars cheaper than Tmobile due to the assist fee they now charge in store and ordering over the phone. Also sounds like we might get the phones a bit earlier this time too.
You said you were done with pre-ordering phones after the Note7 debacle. Did I miss something?
I knew you would crack.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Arctic Silver on Verizon. First time since the s3 that I've actually pre-ordered a phone. Hoping it comes early!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm not settling for a smaller phone because T-mobile is screwing this up.

I'm waiting it out a little to see if their stance changes. There's no queue as to when you order and when you receive, so no harm in waiting a few days or even a week or two.
I'm guessing the backlash won't be as bad because the reps are quick to point out lower monthly payment and they also offer up the S8 with no down payment. Those weren't options with the Note 7.

But I'm hoping people bring it up enough that they change course again. I've done my fair share of complaining that's for sure.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Pre-ordered an Orchid Gray S8+ late last night from Verizon. Was going to go with BestBuy because they had the phone for $29.83 x 24 months v. Verizon @ $35 x 24 months, but I got a $15/month credit trading in my phone with Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith