Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Frustrating experience with T-Mobile. Call to pre-order and tell the gal I'm on JOD and want the S8+ midnight black. She gets the order in and tells me I should be receiving my EIP documents shortly and to sign them. I say to her "Ok, that's it?" She says "Yes.". I ask about a $130 deposit? She tells me there is no deposit for JOD. I ask her again, "Is this for the S8+?" and she says "Yes.". I told her I was fairly certain there was a deposit for the phone. So she puts me on hold and comes back 2 minutes later and says there is no deposit and I once again asked, "This is for the S8+, right?" and again got a "Yes.".

Just got me email to sign the documents and sure enough it wasn't for the S8+. So I call back to get the order changed and they tell me it needs to be cancelled and a new order place but their "tool" for cancelling orders was broken and to call back later. Ugh!

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

I tried to place my order this morning and after 20 minutes on the phone, they said their system went down and they would call me later today to complete the order - T-Mobile

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I went out on a limb and ordered the Orchid Grey. 99% of it will be covered up anyway.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I paid the $130 but I have a S7 Edge on that line so I don't know how they did that but I figured I was going to have to add a line to get it but I can't wait on the Note 8 not knowing for sure if that will even happen but I'll just have to try and sell the Edge. I just love the bigger screens so I may should have waited on the Note!
I also wonder if you preorder early enough how soon we may receive them. I remember last year I preordered the LG V20 when the Note 7 died and I got it 2 weeks before launch day!

`

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

Pre-order Verizon from best buy. $100 off

Doesn't really seem to be 100 dollars off because they make you pay for the tax up front which was like 70 dollars for me. Verizon was like 35 a month and best buy was 29 but if you factor in the tax it's more like 32 or so. Plus verizon has you pay tax over the 24month period which is a lot better than paying up front because there is no interest. That's just my take on it. I could be wrong but didn't see a reason to get it through best buy over Verizon.

Also, are we able to choose the headphones package or the vr once we get the phones? Verizon didn't seem to offer the 99$ headphone package

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't really seem to be 100 dollars off because they make you pay for the tax up front which was like 70 dollars for me. Verizon was like 35 a month and best buy was 29 but if you factor in the tax it's more like 32 or so. Plus verizon has you pay tax over the 24month period which is a lot better than paying up front because there is no interest. That's just my take on it. I could be wrong but didn't see a reason to get it through best buy over Verizon.

Also, are we able to choose the headphones package or the vr once we get the phones? Verizon didn't seem to offer the 99$ headphone package
The $99 package will be directly from Samsung.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm not settling for a smaller phone because T-mobile is screwing this up.

I'm waiting it out a little to see if their stance changes. There's no queue as to when you order and when you receive, so no harm in waiting a few days or even a week or two.

that's what I'm going to do, it is painful, but I'm holding out hoping it goes to $0 down

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! So is the vr through Verizon? And are we able to get both? Vr for free I guess and the other one for 99? Also can we purchase the 99$ package now or need the imei?
The VR will be submitted thru Samsung once you get the device. You will have to provide IMEI and proof of purchase. I think you could add the $99 package at that time as well.

I ordered directly from Samsung so I don't think those orders have to submit anything. I'm already submitted by placing my order straight from them.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Completed my switch to T Mobile from ATT with my S7 Edge. I am now pre-ordered for the S8 plus in Sexy Black. I paid the $130. But T Mobile will be paying for my ETF for my S7 Edge on ATT and I got a deal on the 2 line plan. It was $100 bucks a month for two lines with unlimited talk, text, and data. They took 20% off that so I will only have to pay 80 bucks a month now on two unlimited lines. Great deal. Can't wait to get the G8+!!!!!

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

How/where on the Verizon pre-order did you get $360 for an S6? I tried going through their site shortly after midnight last night for a pre-order and it offered me a whopping $135 for my S6 Edge. I said the heck with that and pre-ordered from Best Buy instead.

On the purchase page there was an option to select Trade-In an existing device. Also on the title you had a offer hyperlink that listed the tradein values depending on phone type being traded-in.

The first page of the TradeIn process lists the "normal non-promo" trade-in values (it says that on the screen). If you continue thru the process it will finally list the appropriate promotional deduction (in my case $360) that will be credited over the 24 month billing cycle once the trade-in is returned.

2017-03-30_17-31-33.png

Last edited:

xstation

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Also ordering from the samsung site is has this one click activation since it comes with a SIM card. I already have Tmobile so I don't need to select this option since I'm just popping in my sim card instead?

As Blues Fan, I ordered from Samsung's site & already have Tmobile service. Anyone with prior experience with ordering from Samsung directly instead from the carrier, please shed some light!

Will I be able to just pop in the SIM card I have now and start using the phone right away?

I checked my account at Samsung and saw this:

samsungS8.PNG

Thanks for the help guys.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

that's what I'm going to do, it is painful, but I'm holding out hoping it goes to $0 down
Worst case is get the S8 around launch day and hold out for the Note8. I hope they don't release a Note8+. Of course the "more premium device" excuse could be used for that one.
I thought T-mobile were trailblazers, not Verizon copycats now that they got some of their subscribers.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

As Blues Fan, I ordered from Samsung's site & already have Tmobile service. Anyone with prior experience with ordering from Samsung directly instead from the carrier, please shed some light!

Will I be able to just pop in the SIM card I have now and start using the phone right away?

I checked my account at Samsung and saw this:

View attachment 255386

Thanks for the help guys.

Yes, you should be able to just pop in your SIM card into the phone and go town town. That is what I did with my LG V20 I ordered off Amazon. The only time you will be unable to is if you don't have a nano simcard.

From what you posted on that screen shot it wants you to select a carrier plan. You already have a plan with tmobile. If you don't have a plan and plan on activating that new line it looks like they start the billing cycle right away even though you don't have the phone yet!

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

I paid the $130 but I have a S7 Edge on that line so I don't know how they did that but I figured I was going to have to add a line to get it but I can't wait on the Note 8 not knowing for sure if that will even happen but I'll just have to try and sell the Edge. I just love the bigger screens so I may should have waited on the Note!
I also wonder if you preorder early enough how soon we may receive them. I remember last year I preordered the LG V20 when the Note 7 died and I got it 2 weeks before launch day!

`
Note 8 is happening. Already confirmed by Samsung.

Supraman21

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

You get a little card that comes with your phone. You just go to the site, enter in a code, your EMEI, and I believe proof of purchase. Atleast that is what I had to do for the free Gear last year.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Show of hands, who's buying one? And what color/storage are you getting? If you're not getting one... why not?

Planning on buying the GS8 Midnight Black through AT&T but not full price or Next. I tried to pre-order today going through Loyalty team at AT&T but they can't offer me an exception for two year contract extension until 4/21.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

You get a little card that comes with your phone. You just go to the site, enter in a code, your EMEI, and I believe proof of purchase. Atleast that is what I had to do for the free Gear last year.

That is what I did too with tmobile last year with the Note 7 and s7 edge. When you get the phone you plug the IMEI into the website as proof. They only have a certain number of gifts set aside so the sooner you get online to register it the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888