Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

Planning on buying the GS8 Midnight Black through AT&T but not full price or Next. I tried to pre-order today going through Loyalty team at AT&T but they can't offer me an exception for two year contract extension until 4/21.

I thought AT&T stopped contracts? I used to be with them but they did the nick & dime thing with me so I left.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site

just ordered a midnight black S8 from Sprint, Ill turn in my leased S7e when I get it, so excited!

citybeats

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

I ordered the Orchid Grey this morning on Verizon. I would have went elsewhere but since my plan is no longer available with Verizon and I needed to bypass it with a rep's help (which I am surprised she helped me do that and didn't try to get me to upgrade my plan). I am excited since I haven't had a new phone since the Note 4.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Is there any hope we all might get our pre orders like a week before the 21st? Someone linked to an article for UK users 8 days before the official launch.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

I see that if you preorder on Samsung site it says you should get it the 20th instead of 21. I know it's only one day but I kind of want to cancel my Verizon preorder and go through Samsung now haha.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I copied and pasted this from the Samsung website where you go to sign up for the promotion....
Infinitely immersive
Valid purchase period: 3/30/2017 - 4/20/2017
Get the new Gear VR with Controller for free, plus Oculus content bonus when you pre-order the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+. For a limited time you can add premium headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card for just $99.*
Pre-Order Now
I think if I remember correctly you can't order these freebies until you receive the phone but some carriers ship them with the phone. TMobile doesn't but I know Sprint did with the 7 Edge's. It was the VR headset and I still have them and have only used them maybe one/two times. Probably won't use these either
Learn More ........

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I knew it was going to happen but I am so impatient.....LOL And it's quite possible I will hate myself for not waiting.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

On the purchase page there was an option...

Interesting. My attempt wasn't showing up that way last night for some reason. Maybe early glitches since it was very early after it was live, or maybe I just wasn't carrying it far enough before cancelling. Either way, Thanks for the explanation!

dkinley

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

don't sign it. it will void the order after 48 hrs automatically if you don't sign it

Last edited:

dkinley

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

this is my first time pre ordering a galaxy s8 do these phone ever accidently ship and arrive before the launch date? or is samsung strict about it like apple!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I see that if you preorder on Samsung site it says you should get it the 20th instead of 21. I know it's only one day but I kind of want to cancel my Verizon preorder and go through Samsung now haha.

I'm hoping it's sooner than that based on what some articles said. Could be up to a week early some suggest.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I wonder like the Note 7 if we will start seeing tons of posts and threads starting around 4/19 with people staying up all night tracking the flight times of planes and such. That was something to witness.

Hoping that we get it a week earlier like a few articles mention for overseas possibly.

How much would best buy give for the VR for trade in?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I thought AT&T stopped contracts? I used to be with them but they did the nick & dime thing with me so I left.

Been with AT&T since 1994 so the loyalty department tends to grant overrides.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I wonder like the Note 7 if we will start seeing tons of posts and threads starting around 4/19 with people staying up all night tracking the flight times of planes and such. That was something to witness.

Hoping that we get it a week earlier like a few articles mention for overseas possibly.

How much would best buy give for the VR for trade in?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

this is my first time pre ordering a galaxy s8 do these phone ever accidently ship and arrive before the launch date? or is samsung strict about it like apple!

T-Mobile and AT&T are notorious for sending the phones out before launch date.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I have "finally" pre-ordered the GS8+ on ATT online on the Next plan. For folks with the old unlimited data plan (not the new one) - your existing UDP is already selected when you do it online. If at checkout you see "Need data plan to place order" - don't worry about it - just go through with the order. It will show up properly after the order is placed. They still seem to have a glitch where it won't show in the cart probably because that plan is not available anymore - but it's silly because it shows when you are selecting the options.

This will hold me over for the Note 8. Hahaha!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I copied and pasted this from the Samsung website where you go to sign up for the promotion....
Infinitely immersive
Valid purchase period: 3/30/2017 - 4/20/2017
Get the new Gear VR with Controller for free, plus Oculus content bonus when you pre-order the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+. For a limited time you can add premium headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card for just $99.*
Pre-Order Now
I think if I remember correctly you can't order these freebies until you receive the phone but some carriers ship them with the phone. TMobile doesn't but I know Sprint did with the 7 Edge's. It was the VR headset and I still have them and have only used them maybe one/two times. Probably won't use these either
Learn More ........

Will you be able to get the extra $99 deal through the samsungpromotions.com website as well if you pre-ordered the phone directly with a carrier? Hopefully it's not only if you ordered it through Samsung?