Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

jbjarko

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I wonder like the Note 7 if we will start seeing tons of posts and threads starting around 4/19 with people staying up all night tracking the flight times of planes and such. That was something to witness. Hoping that we get it a week earlier like a few articles mention for overseas possibly.

How much would best buy give for the VR for trade in?

So I went apple on my last device. And that is exactly how it was. People from all over the world tracking shipments, planes, etc. It was so fun. Albeit I'm coming back to android now, but I hope to see this experience here. That was a blast.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

So I went apple on my last device. And that is exactly how it was. People from all over the world tracking shipments, planes, etc. It was so fun. Albeit I'm coming back to android now, but I hope to see this experience here. That was a blast.

In the end it wasn't fun lol. It was my first time ordering a device and a week before I got it they charged our cards that Thur and we all thought we were getting them on Fri or Mon. Then the shipping labels were printed and for a few days they sat idle. That is how it was for Tmobile. Then having to be sure myself or one of my parents would be home at the time since our UPS driver is very lazy and just leaves expensive stuff sitting out and sometimes won't even ring the bell. The other day I got some frozen food and it took him 5 minutes searching for the box in his truck as I stood right in front of him.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

In the end it wasn't fun lol. It was my first time ordering a device and a week before I got it they charged our cards that Thur and we all thought we were getting them on Fri or Mon. Then the shipping labels were printed and for a few days they sat idle. That is how it was for Tmobile. Then having to be sure myself or one of my parents would be home at the time since our UPS driver is very lazy and just leaves expensive stuff sitting out and sometimes won't even ring the bell. The other day I got some frozen food and it took him 5 minutes searching for the box in his truck as I stood right in front of him.

Haha yeah I remember those threads. I would constantly read them as I waited for my note 7. It was a waste of time but it was fun lol.

So when preordering with Samsung it looks like even if you put in your carrier you have to finance the phone through Samsung? Sorry, I have never ordered from samsung but if that is the case I dont think I will cancel my preorder with verizon. I hope we get a chance to buy the $99 bundle thought.
Edit: Nvm I read the samsung promotions thing posted a few comments before...you can get the $99 bundle. Seems like a pretty great deal for only $99.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sam's club giving best offer so far with $150 gift card and free activation. Only two colors, no black!

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

I thought about it for a while and then caved in and ordered a black s8+ direct from Samsung in the UK.

I learnt from last time though and ordered the case separately as that delayed my S7 edge by about 3 weeks.

Anyone know somewhere in the UK that has them on display? I'd love to take a look.

I'm not sure if the + will be too big but I just couldn't resist the idea of going back to a 6 inch screen after downsizing from a note 4 to an s7e

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

T-Mobile and AT&T are notorious for sending the phones out before launch date.
I don't think anyone got them more than a day or two before the Note7 street date. They really cracked down last time.
Some people who ordered like 4-5 days before street also got theirs before the ones that ordered as soon as pre-orders went up.
So, kind of a crap shoot as to when you'll get yours.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

I thought about it for a while and then caved in and ordered a black s8+ direct from Samsung in the UK.

I learnt from last time though and ordered the case separately as that delayed my S7 edge by about 3 weeks.

Anyone know somewhere in the UK that has them on display? I'd love to take a look.

I'm not sure if the + will be too big but I just couldn't resist the idea of going back to a 6 inch screen after downsizing from a note 4 to an s7e

I'm going down to Oxford Street now to see what I can see. Probably be at CarphoneWarehouse.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

I must be mad to be part of this pre-order mania again, but here I go. I'm getting the orchid grey S8+, baby! I chose the once a year AT&T Next plan, and I gave a down payment of $212.50, because that is half of the trade in price. Now, I have to find my accessories, like a case I can use until Samsung has its official S-View flip cover. I have a 256 gig card in my S7 Edge, so I will just be transferring that.

EXCITED!!

Longstone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

S8+ in silver for me. I couldn't decide on black or silver so the lady on the phone picked silver for me.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I don't think anyone got them more than a day or two before the Note7 street date. They really cracked down last time.
Some people who ordered like 4-5 days before street also got theirs before the ones that ordered as soon as pre-orders went up.
So, kind of a crap shoot as to when you'll get yours.

Yeah, I ordered my Note 7 from T-Mobile when the preorder went live. I think I received it the day before the scheduled launch. Now the S7 launch was different. I ordered the day of the preorder and had the device 5 days later, a full 2 weeks before the launch. I don't think we will be so luck this time around. My guess is it will be the same as the Note 7 launch.

Losi b

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site

I preordered my Silver S8+ yesterday. Now I'm just hoping that my Note 3 will hang in there until I get it. It's been dying a slow death for the last 6 months.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Update on the T-mobile required down payment - I was DM'ing them on Twitter and the last excuse was we are trying to give the customers a better rounded number to budget and lower payments. I said if that was the case, they would give customers the option of no down payment if they choose. It's for T-mobile's benefit, period. I came to T-mobile to get away from Verizon billing tactics like this.
They said the system would not allow the pre-order to be processed without the required down payment. Okay then...what about a bill credit once the phone is activated? Someone else replied and said they want all T-mobile family to have an exceptional experience and they would have this "bubbled up".
I don't want an S8. But, I refuse to put a down payment on a phone I'll only have for 6 months.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Just placed my order yesterday at Samsung.com for a T-Mobile Midnight Black S8+ and they have charged my card and the status says preparing for shipment. I hope this means it will be arriving super early. What a nice surprise!!!!!

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Been with AT&T since 1994 so the loyalty department tends to grant overrides.
What is this loyalty department? I've been with AT&T since '04 and I tried switching to the new unlimited plan but they refused to honor my corporate discount. Any chance that I could get this done thru the loyalty department? How do I reach out to them?

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site

Everyone does realize that the resolution is the same on both phones so the quality will look slightly better on s8 than s8+. Not a big deal but 100 dollars more for the same phone just a little bigger with less pixel is outrageous. Now if it had like duel camera on the 8+ or some feature the s8 don't have them that would have made sense.

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site

Everyone does realize that the resolution is the same on both phones so the quality will look slightly better on s8 than s8+. Not a big deal but 100 dollars more for the same phone just a little bigger with less pixel is outrageous. Now if it had like duel camera on the 8+ or some feature the s8 don't have them that would have made sense.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Just been to Oxford Street to have a quick play on one. I was on the S8+ thinking it was the S8. It's not as big as tI thought it would be. Definitely a manageable size. Feels absolutely gorgeous in the hand. Couldn't take it off it's post that it was stuck to but lovely and smooth, gorgeous infinity screen popping colours! Love it! Can't wait to play with this properly! Roll on 20th April

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

I copied and pasted this from the Samsung website where you go to sign up for the promotion....
Infinitely immersive
Valid purchase period: 3/30/2017 - 4/20/2017
Get the new Gear VR with Controller for free, plus Oculus content bonus when you pre-order the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+. For a limited time you can add premium headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card for just $99.*
Pre-Order Now
I think if I remember correctly you can't order these freebies until you receive the phone but some carriers ship them with the phone. TMobile doesn't but I know Sprint did with the 7 Edge's. It was the VR headset and I still have them and have only used them maybe one/two times. Probably won't use these either
Learn More ........

Curious that you say this. Last time i did the pre order though AT&T, i had to get the free gear vr through samsung's website after i got the phone. However this time on my order i actually see two items in my order. One says "Not available" though so not sure if that's because it's the Gear VR and controller and AT&T isn't selling them yet or what.

Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs