Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Update on the T-mobile required down payment - I was DM'ing them on Twitter and the last excuse was we are trying to give the customers a better rounded number to budget and lower payments. I said if that was the case, they would give customers the option of no down payment if they choose. It's for T-mobile's benefit, period. I came to T-mobile to get away from Verizon billing tactics like this.
They said the system would not allow the pre-order to be processed without the required down payment. Okay then...what about a bill credit once the phone is activated? Someone else replied and said they want all T-mobile family to have an exceptional experience and they would have this "bubbled up".
I don't want an S8. But, I refuse to put a down payment on a phone I'll only have for 6 months.
Hit em with a $130 down payment and sell the fact that the monthly payment is $7/month less. Yeah that will pull the wool over their eyes.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Hit em with a $130 down payment and sell the fact that the monthly payment is $7/month less. Yeah that will pull the wool over their eyes.
Just advertise as zero down OR $30 a month. Options means the customers benefit. No options is only benefitting T-mobile.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I don't think anyone got them more than a day or two before the Note7 street date. They really cracked down last time.
Some people who ordered like 4-5 days before street also got theirs before the ones that ordered as soon as pre-orders went up.
So, kind of a crap shoot as to when you'll get yours.

Ahh, yes that's right. They did seem to crack down a lot on the Note 7. My pre-order actually didn't arrive until over a week after! Totally forgot.

SystemofaDan

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

When you placed your pre-order direct through Samsung Canada did it say anything about what network or is it an unlocked handset?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Everyone does realize that the resolution is the same on both phones so the quality will look slightly better on s8 than s8+. Not a big deal but 100 dollars more for the same phone just a little bigger with less pixel is outrageous. Now if it had like duel camera on the 8+ or some feature the s8 don't have them that would have made sense.

The Note 7 had 518ppi and the display was absolutely gorgeous, so with the 529ppi that the S8+ has I think it would still be stunning even with the extra half inch.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

The Note 7 had 518ppi and the display was absolutely gorgeous, so with the 529ppi that the S8+ has I think it would still be stunning even with the extra half inch.

Exactly. and the S7 edge had 534ppi, so it's a TINY step down which you won't even notice. The S7 Edge screen is fantastic.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

To be honest though I don't think anyone will be able to notice the difference in the dpi when they are that close. Some that say the S8 will have a better display than the S8+ due to the dpi is fooling themselves. They won't be able to tell the difference with the human eye.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Curious that you say this. Last time i did the pre order though AT&T, i had to get the free gear vr through samsung's website after i got the phone. However this time on my order i actually see two items in my order. One says "Not available" though so not sure if that's because it's the Gear VR and controller and AT&T isn't selling them yet or what.

Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

Did you pre-order on the ATT website? I don't see those other items on my order confirmation. Hmmm.. I assumed that I would just go the the samsungpromotions site like I've always had before.

FLY_TY

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I pre-ordered the S8+ on the Bestbuy website at about 12:30am yesterday morning... The confirmation email just says the phone will be delivered by 4/21.

When I pre-ordered the Note 7 and LG V20 both on the first day, they both came after the release date from UPS... I remember reading that a lot of people who pre-ordered through Bestbuy had their phones shipped through FedEx and they received their phones a little early but no later that the actual release date.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

To be honest though I don't think anyone will be able to notice the difference in the dpi when they are that close. Some that say the S8 will have a better display than the S8+ due to the dpi is fooling themselves. They won't be able to tell the difference with the human eye.
Agreed. I think the only difference it might make is during VR

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site

I'm not saying it won't look amazing I'm just saying paying 100 dollars more just for a bigger screen with the same features is crazy in my opinion but both will be amazing

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Did you pre-order on the ATT website? I don't see those other items on my order confirmation. Hmmm.. I assumed that I would just go the the samsungpromotions site like I've always had before.

Yup i did do it on the AT&T site through my next upgrade. I think my order is just a little off because i didn't get my confirmation email right away like everyone else. So it could also just be a glitch in their system.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I pre-ordered the S8+ on the Bestbuy website at about 12:30am yesterday morning... The confirmation email just says the phone will be delivered by 4/21.

When I pre-ordered the Note 7 and LG V20 both on the first day, they both came after the release date from UPS... I remember reading that a lot of people who pre-ordered through Bestbuy had their phones shipped through FedEx and they received their phones a little early but no later that the actual release date.
And I thought I was the only nut on this planet who ordered shortly after Midnight haaaa !! I actually set my alarm for 1215am to preorder

Yeah I remember reading posts from previous launches for the Note 7s where Best Buy did not have any information on the preorders. Folks had to wait for a call or email from their store prior to picking up.

I've gone thru 4 or 5 preorders and its always the same manic frenzy of where's my delivery , how can he/she have an out for delivery text if they ordered just the previous day yada , yada ...... yada. It gets crazy but honestly its half the fun haaaaaa !!!!

Is it April 21st ........... yet ??

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I just open the return form for my pixel xl 128GB. I pre order the Sprint S8+ silver with the bundle> I will paid less for what I get. I love the pixel but I still having the bluetooth problem

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I ended up going for the S8 in black. I had the S7 edge and the size was perfect for one handed use. The only thing that has me doubting is the battery life but hopefully it's no big deal. Now the quest for a good screen protector and case begins.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

Everyone does realize that the resolution is the same on both phones so the quality will look slightly better on s8 than s8+. Not a big deal but 100 dollars more for the same phone just a little bigger with less pixel is outrageous. Now if it had like duel camera on the 8+ or some feature the s8 don't have them that would have made sense.
You won't be able to tell the difference. VR maybe a little, but the human eye, nope...

FLY_TY

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

And I thought I was the only nut on this planet who ordered shortly after Midnight haaaa !! I actually set my alarm for 1215am to preorder

Yeah I remember reading posts from previous launches for the Note 7s where Best Buy did not have any information on the preorders. Folks had to wait for a call or email from their store prior to picking up.

I've gone thru 4 or 5 preorders and its always the same manic frenzy of where's my delivery , how can he/she have an out for delivery text if they ordered just the previous day yada , yada ...... yada. It gets crazy but honestly its half the fun haaaaaa !!!!

Is it April 21st ........... yet ??
I set my alarm for 11:55pm so I could make sure I was on the site by 12 lol. I had some trouble ordering at first that's why it didn't go through until about 12:30am.

April 21st can't get here fast enough! Lol

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site

And people made the exact same argument about the Note 7 being a tiny step down eating resolution yet more expensive than the S7 Edge. And it wound up being the best phone of the year except for that little explosion issue.
So you don't think samsung should have added a special feature to it to warrant the extra 100 dollars? I opt for the s8 because I can use that extra 100 dollars for note 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira