Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I tried to order in-store (line too long) at Target and then through Target.com but the web page timed out every time I entered my zip code. Target is offering a $100.00 Gift Card plus you'll get another 5% off when you use a Target RedCard. No luck whatsoever so I went ahead and ordered an ATT Orchid Gray S8+ at Samsung.com and added the $99.99 [new Gear VR with Controller for free, plus Oculus content bonus and premium headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card] -->Samsung Promotions

Also per Samsung.com website: Get your Galaxy S8 before it's available in store when you pre-order on Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung app.
I loved the Note 7 and think this will be closer to it than my S7 Edge is. I'll still miss a stylus and the features that come with it but I'm extra happy that the Iris scanner is back. That worked perfectly for me! I set it up without glasses and it worked when I wear them! I thought that maybe it wasn't secure but I had 3 of my friends try it with and without glasses and none could unlock my phone. I wonder how secure the face recognition is? Good luck everyone! The excitement of waiting is killing me! Love it though!

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

ordered mine as soon as it went live on Wednesday night. S8+ Midnight Black
so when i look at my order it doesnt say pre order but i do have location code and order number. says device will be at my door 4/21 can anyone tell me why it does not say "pre order" like other peoples order. (new line) not an upgrade

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I ended up going for the S8 in black. I had the S7 edge and the size was perfect for one handed use. The only thing that has me doubting is the battery life but hopefully it's no big deal. Now the quest for a good screen protector and case begins.

Well let's hope the hype surrounding the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 translates even 1/2 of the claimed 40% power improvement of this article. Assuming Samsung didn't use that savings up in the other areas of the design. If it is (and benchmarks will be coming soon) then we'll be getting better battery life with the S8 over the S7.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2016/11/17/get-small-go-big-meet-next-gen-snapdragon-835

and this article points to "better battery recharge/life performance"

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/samsung-galaxy-s8-battery-degrades-less-quickly-than-the-galaxy-s7s-company-reveals-1675436

Last edited:

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

What is this loyalty department? I've been with AT&T since '04 and I tried switching to the new unlimited plan but they refused to honor my corporate discount. Any chance that I could get this done thru the loyalty department? How do I reach out to them?

[sorry, off topic but...]
I just switched from an old ATT Grandfathered-in Unlimited plan to the Unlimited Plus. A week before I had switched to their very first Unlimited plan (which they immediately retired when the Plus and Choice plans came out) where I did get a corp discount (only on one ph. number around $12.- $13. on the entire bill, 2 phones at the time). I read all over that I'd get no discount on the new Plus plan but I really wanted the hotspot feature so switched to Plus and added 2 more relative's phones and an iPad. Got my first bill last week and I got a whooping discount (on my phone number only) of .....drumroll.....$2.78! LOL! I don't think it's just ATT but it might also be your company too when they makes these contracts with ATT.

hail2030

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I ended up going for the S8 in black. I had the S7 edge and the size was perfect for one handed use. The only thing that has me doubting is the battery life but hopefully it's no big deal. Now the quest for a good screen protector and case begins.

Spigen is already selling the cases on Amazon for $11 or $12. The same case I got on the S7 Edge from Spigen is the one I'll be getting for the S8 Plus.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

pre ordered my S8+ through verizon as soon as it went live. just paid the taxes on the phone. im excited for it hopefully some of us will get it early

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

does anyone remember years ago when the s3 was coming out? i pre ordered through sprint and had to wait like 2 weeks after launch because samsung did not make enough. hopefully thats not the case with this one

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

So you don't think samsung should have added a special feature to it to warrant the extra 100 dollars? I opt for the s8 because I can use that extra 100 dollars for note 8

Sure it would nice but c'mon now.. People pay more for a 60" TV vs a 55" TV and the resolution is still the same and really no new features. When people buy a 4k TV and pay more, that will be like buying the Note 8. LOL

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

And people made the exact same argument about the Note 7 being a tiny step down eating resolution yet more expensive than the S7 Edge. And it wound up being the best phone of the year except for that little explosion issue.
The S8 and S8+ are basically the same phone, minus the size. The Note is a different phone all together.
So you don't think samsung should have added a special feature to it to warrant the extra 100 dollars? I opt for the s8 because I can use that extra 100 dollars for note 8
I could see adding maybe $50 for the same phone, but larger. $100 seems a little ridiculous, though.
It's even more ridiculous when you need to put $130 more down to lease it on T-mobile.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I'll never preorder a flagship device from Best Buy no matter how good the deal is. They are always sketchy on the stock they will get as most times they won't know until they come. Ironically, the only time I've had success with them was when they were doing the reservation thing where you would put down like $50 by getting a BB gift card. So it didn't actually use your upgrade until you picked it up so if there were issues with stock, you could look around on release day, pick up your device from somewhere, go back to Best Buy to get your $50 back.

I will also never order a device directly from Samsung. Had issues with them on the gear S3 with them keep pushing back dates. And when I finally snagged one, it took 3 weeks for them to cancel the order on a device they didn't have in stock. I wouldn't want to deal with them for any customer service issues.

So for me I will only order and iPhone from the carrier or Apple directly. And Android devices directly from the carrier. I'm talking strictly preorders because every time I tried preorders with another retailed (BB, Target, etc) it was a disaster. Just my experience.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site

The battery is also bigger: 3500 mAh.

It's the reason I chose the S7edge over the regular S7.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

The battery is also bigger: 3500 mAh.

It's the reason I chose the S7edge over the regular S7.

Honestly I expect the battery life to be very similar between the two, considering the bigger screen that takes more power.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

I'll never preorder a flagship device from Best Buy no matter how good the deal is. They are always sketchy on the stock they will get as most times they won't know until they come. Ironically, the only time I've had success with them was when they were doing the reservation thing where you would put down like $50 by getting a BB gift card. So it didn't actually use your upgrade until you picked it up so if there were issues with stock, you could look around on release day, pick up your device from somewhere, go back to Best Buy to get your $50 back.

I will also never order a device directly from Samsung. Had issues with them on the gear S3 with them keep pushing back dates. And when I finally snagged one, it took 3 weeks for them to cancel the order on a device they didn't have in stock. I wouldn't want to deal with them for any customer service issues.

So for me I will only order and iPhone from the carrier or Apple directly. And Android devices directly from the carrier. I'm talking strictly preorders because every time I tried preorders with another retailed (BB, Target, etc) it was a disaster. Just my experience.

Lol same here. I pre ordered a s3 from Target years ago and I worked there as well and it took them forever to get stock

Rob_in_AZ

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site

Black S8+ on our Corp Verizon account.

Hey...I gotta test out the new devices when they come out.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

I wonder like the Note 7 if we will start seeing tons of posts and threads starting around 4/19 with people staying up all night tracking the flight times of planes and such. That was something to witness.

Hoping that we get it a week earlier like a few articles mention for overseas possibly.

How much would best buy give for the VR for trade in?

LOL it happens with every phone release. Grown adults turn into little kids on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. It's silly, but entertaining to watch.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

LOL it happens with every phone release. Grown adults turn into little kids on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. It's silly, but entertaining to watch.

Then in two weeks the newness wears off and it becomes just another expensive toy we bought.

DCal2722

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Can someone explain the meaning of "JOD" ? Also does anyone know if a nice clean "Factory Unlocked" version is available for "pre-order", and where would one look for this item? Any help will be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20