Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Just left verizon getting the s8 plus silver artic never pre-ordered before but what the heck, had the note 7 but after I turned it in I was using an iPhone 7 just to try nice phone but going back to android so I sold phone 2 days ago and went back to my note 5 for 3 weeks. I just paid outright for phone since I sold the iPhone 7 just add 250.00 cash didn't want no payments per month and also still not under contract can opt out or.get another phone whenever. But man 930.00 for a phone is getting crazy oh well I only paid 250 but can only imagine what the note 8 or even the new iPhone with taxes and all over 1000 that's a laptop. Lol

Attachments

• 20170401_171116.jpg
    20170401_171116.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

For everyone who's ordered from samsung's website, did you click the "free activation" button when ordering, or did you skip this? I already have tmobile service obviously and simply just switching to a new device. As always I just need to pop in my simcard from my S7 Edge, right? Some people on here said they clicked the option and some said they left it blank since they're not activating a new line.

i did not even notice an option for that, my plan was just to swap sim cards when i get the one.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you on this. I'm not paying no damn $130 down!!
I'll wait until it becomes zero down.
I had to cave. Ordering one right now on Twitter. My GF was with me to check the phones out at Best Buy and she claimed the silver S8 I have on order.

I did give them feedback that I still didn't like it and think it's a very bad direction for the customers.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

I had to cave. Ordering one right now on Twitter. My GF was with me to check the phones out at Best Buy and she claimed the silver S8 I have on order.

I did give them feedback that I still didn't like it and think it's a very bad direction for the customers.

LOL awww man!!! Did they make you pay tax too?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Just left verizon getting the s8 plus silver artic never pre-ordered before but what the heck, had the note 7 but after I turned it in I was using an iPhone 7 just to try nice phone but going back to android so I sold phone 2 days ago and went back to my note 5 for 3 weeks. I just paid outright for phone since I sold the iPhone 7 just add 250.00 cash didn't want no payments per month and also still not under contract can opt out or.get another phone whenever. But man 930.00 for a phone is getting crazy oh well I only paid 250 but can only imagine what the note 8 or even the new iPhone with taxes and all over 1000 that's a laptop. Lol
Your not done yet let's not forget the case wirless charger and maybe insurance for that investment so we will have to retotal that $$$

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh ok. I'm holding off on seeing it because if I do, I know i will purchase it like you lol!!!
Lol. I have the Silver S8 ordered for $650 from Samsung.com and was going to be perfectly fine with it until Note 8. But she didn't have that phone in her hand 10 seconds and that S8 was gone.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

well it looks like ebates is not honoring there deal, just got an email from their CS saying that mobile devices are exempted from the offer. i took a screen shot from the deal on their website, hope they honor this.

View attachment 255535

I was going to mention that. Normally with Ebates you can stack deals because it's based on browser cookies. So click the link in Ebates then check with your credit card company for any additional deals as well.

For example Discover card has a Samsung deal for 10%. You could click on Ebates link, add the phone to your cart, click the link from the credit card company which opens a different tab which will have the phone already in the cart. Then you actually get both deals.

But alas the fine print states no smartphones :(

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

Your not done yet let's not forget the case wirless charger and maybe insurance for that investment so we will have to retotal that $$$

Yea I already bought 3 spigen cases dosent the 11.00 I pay a month cover the insurance for this new phone? But your right I want a wireless charger recalculating total now @ 1100 lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I think you have to pay tax on the $130, not the tax on the entire $850.

I'm waiting on them to call to get my CC info.

Depends on what state you are in. In California you will pay tax on the whole thing

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

Last October when I had to turn in my 2nd Note 7 I got the LG V10 only because of the screen size and I did like that phone and only had it just a few days and ended up pre-ordering the V20 which I think wasn't suppose to launch until like the 27th of October and I got it like a week prior to that so I am hoping T Mobile does the same with the S8+.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I think you get that with all preorders with any carrier. Also you can get AKG headphones and a 256GB memory card for $99. Not too bad I don't guess for $99 bucks. The card is worth that much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey