Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Decided to get one so I ended up taking advantage of the BOGO offer through ATT. Got 2 S8+ in Orchid Gray on the way!

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Decided to get one so I ended up taking advantage of the BOGO offer through ATT. Got 2 S8+ in Orchid Gray on the way!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Having handled one at the Sprint Headquarters store this afternoon, I can attest that there is some slickness to it, but it felt marvelous in hand. Just a touch narrower than my Note 5, but the screen blows it away with the height and width. It is a beautiful phone, and the screen is remarkable.

The one in store was Orchid Grey, and very nice looking. It was in demo mode, but I got it unlocked and peeked around a bit. I liked what I saw.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

I compared the S7 Edge and S8+ side by side. The 8+ made the 7E look kinda runny, even though the actual measurements are only 9mm taller and a couple wider. The screen was larger than my Note 5 by a fair amount. I was impressed.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Just checked out the S8+ at Best Buy today and I preordered the jet black one! Beautiful!

J

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site

well it looks like ebates is not honoring there deal, just got an email from their CS saying that mobile devices are exempted from the offer. i took a screen shot from the deal on their website, hope they honor this.

View attachment 255535

for those interested, ebates did honor this deal. the money showed up in my account this morning.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I think you have to pay tax on the $130, not the tax on the entire $850.

I'm waiting on them to call to get my CC info.

Make sure you check your paper work. I did this yesterday and it turned out they signed me up for the S8 and not the +

Had to cancel it and wait for it to clear the system before I could re-order the plus

Trying to get it fixed now

pgawk

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

Aussies- the samsung page apparently says orders will be dispatched on the 27th but a rep told me that they will indeed be released on the 21st with next day delivery if you live in metropolitan areas :D

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I find it funny that the Best Buy rep who was doing my preorder was trying to convince me not to get it. He was saying the edges are bad and the iPhone 7 Plus was much better and it may blow up. He also said its the same phone as the S7. This guy obviously doesnt not know what he is talking about and why would you try and change what I want to order lol too funny
I would have found a way to let the manager know what this rep was doing. It's one thing to have someone who knows less than the customer about the product you are buying. But, to try and push something else on you because of their lack of knowledge on their products is unacceptable.
If they send you an email to rate your experience, I would definitely fill it out.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I can mentally rest now, finally got the correct order in

S8+ on Jump On Demand, got it done via Twitter, and this was the first time I signed up for JoD

And yup, got the stupid $130 and bogus $20 charges

$159 total after taxes

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I can mentally rest now, finally got the correct order in

S8+ on Jump On Demand, got it done via Twitter, and this was the first time I signed up for JoD

And yup, got the stupid $130 and bogus $20 charges

$159 total after taxes
What $20 charge? You should not have that going thru Twitter.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Make sure you check your paper work. I did this yesterday and it turned out they signed me up for the S8 and not the +

Had to cancel it and wait for it to clear the system before I could re-order the plus

Trying to get it fixed now
Yeah I checked and signed the paperwork while still on the phone with the rep.

It was a 25 minute call for CC issues but it worked out in my favor as he gave me $50 credit for my time and trouble.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

for those interested, ebates did honor this deal. the money showed up in my account this morning.
If it works out, that's great. But I would keep an eye on it. They could reverse that at any time since they only send checks out 4 times/year.

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

Well the argument with the Note 7 was calling it a premium device when it was the only option.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I would have found a way to let the manager know what this rep was doing. It's one thing to have someone who knows less than the customer about the product you are buying. But, to try and push something else on you because of their lack of knowledge on their products is unacceptable.
If they send you an email to rate your experience, I would definitely fill it out.

If they send me an email I will, but I'm not gonna let it bother me, I just want my phone lol