Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

I've pre-ordered the black here in the UK. I was a note 7 owner and settled for the s7 edge but I miss having a bigger screen. Having played with an S8+ in a store I can't wait to get my hands on a new one.
I contemplated waiting on the note 8 but I rarely if ever use the stylus so having a big screen S8+ is perfect.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I've pre-ordered the black here in the UK. I was a note 7 owner and settled for the s7 edge but I miss having a bigger screen. Having played with an S8+ in a store I can't wait to get my hands on a new one.
I contemplated waiting on the note 8 but I rarely if ever use the stylus so having a big screen S8+ is perfect.

I'm in the same boat. I was looking forward to the Note 8. The stylus was always a little bonus because I was really going for the bigger screen.

Now with the S8+'s huge screen I don't think I'm compelled enough to wait anymore as this will suit my needs.

Plus, I think the Note 8 will probably be a lot more expensive and require a higher down payment.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

A TMobile rep made me really furious tonight to the point that I told her she didn't even know what she was talking about. She kept telling me there will be no Note 8 that when the Note 7 was recalled they killed the Note series. I told her they needed to be better informed she wasn't too happy with that response but I did have a Samsung rep tell me that they would probably be out early 4th quarter. I wanted to wait but I just don't think I can so I am going with the S8+.

ElMexiMerican

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but have any of you looked at the fine print on the pre-order promo that's going on? After reading through it a second time, I found this tidbit:

No more than 350,000 Bundle Gifts, and no more than 50,000 Box Gifts, are available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited time, while supplies remain available, on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limit of one (1) Gift per Qualifying Purchase, while supplies remain available. No Gift substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a gift in case of unavailability of a Gift for any reason, including a force majeure event.

This leaves me a little concerned. How many of these phones do Samsung typically sell at launch? I have to imagine its way more than that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

A TMobile rep made me really furious tonight to the point that I told her she didn't even know what she was talking about. She kept telling me there will be no Note 8 that when the Note 7 was recalled they killed the Note series. I told her they needed to be better informed she wasn't too happy with that response but I did have a Samsung rep tell me that they would probably be out early 4th quarter. I wanted to wait but I just don't think I can so I am going with the S8+.

I have s7 edge and hate the screen size and went ahead and ordered an s8 plus! I probably won't get the Note now though since I bought this. However when the price of the Tab S3 goes down I might buy that and get my Spen fix from that which will be a lot cheaper than what the Note 8 will cost.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Went with the Midnight Black S8 from Verizon. Played with a Verizon variant over the weekend and I can say one thing is seriously throwing me off: there's no Verizon branding on the device. Hell has frozen over.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Ordered mines yesterday. since the front is black and i usually use a clear case, i went with the black one this time around.

Ordered me the gold Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal case since that's my usual case i usem on all my phones. And at least now when the clear starts to yellow it'll match the gold lol

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but have any of you looked at the fine print on the pre-order promo that's going on? After reading through it a second time, I found this tidbit:

This leaves me a little concerned. How many of these phones do Samsung typically sell at launch? I have to imagine its way more than that.

If you pre-order you should be fine. Samsung always has this "limited" offering such as: limited free yr of Netflix, Sd card, Gear S2 etc. I have never heard of anyone not getting the freebies when they pre-ordered.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site

I have s7 edge and hate the screen size and went ahead and ordered an s8 plus! I probably won't get the Note now though since I bought this. However when the price of the Tab S3 goes down I might buy that and get my Spen fix from that which will be a lot cheaper than what the Note 8 will cost.

I am also thinking about a Tab S3 for Christmas time, find a good black Friday sale.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Is it April 21st yet?

LOl...I know I checked my bank account again....to see if they charged the $130. Checked TMO to see any updates to my order.....checked MyUPS to see if I have any deliveries on the schedule planner.

My feelings/hope is TMO will ship out by 4/14 a week early

200.webp

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Just ordered my Jet Black S8+ from Verizon. I got the full $360 for my S6 Edge+, so I'm happy. Does the VR headset ship with the phone, or is there an additional process?

hail2030

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

If you pre-order you should be fine. Samsung always has this "limited" offering such as: limited free yr of Netflix, Sd card, Gear S2 etc. I have never heard of anyone not getting the freebies when they pre-ordered.

I've never been denied from any of their gifts

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

LOl...I know I checked my bank account again....to see if they charged the $130. Checked TMO to see any updates to my order.....checked MyUPS to see if I have any deliveries on the schedule planner.

My feelings/hope is TMO will ship out by 4/14 a week early

https://media4.giphy.com/media/oapRMmB6488i4/200.webp#4

If you get it early... I WILL hate you... just be ready for the hate...LOL

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

If you get it early... I WILL hate you... just be ready for the hate...LOL

If its like the Note 7 tmobile will hit your charge card a week before they ship it. Yea I had my hopes up when all of us got our cards charged lol. Then that Sat shipping labels printed and got even more excited but they didn't ship until that following Wed. With that release date on the 21st it will probably be the same way again. Either you will get it a day before release or on release day depending on flight times and such. Samsung.com ships Federal Express I think. The hub is just a mile down the road from me at the local airport. I'm wondering if they have flights that come into there. It would suck if mine sits a mile away from me for a full day!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Yea, same experience with the S7E ... I didn't do the Note at release because I had a wedding and honeymoon to pay for at the pre order timeframe. I was going to buy it later, but the all heck broke loose. <fire emoji>

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Eh... now I can buy what I want... I still get a dirty look, but whatever. hahahaha

Just had too much cash tied up at that time. ;)

She knews what she was getting into.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood