Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I ordered from Samsung.com last week and according to my mom the Visa card has not been charged for it yet (paid in full) does this mean I might not be in front of the line to get the s8 plus even though I pre ordered early?

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site

I ordered from Samsung.com last week and according to my mom the Visa card has not been charged for it yet (paid in full) does this mean I might not be in front of the line to get the s8 plus even though I pre ordered early?

They will charge you when it ships.

I ordered mine today, Orchid Gray.

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

A couple people on Reddit are claiming they've gotten charges, not preauthorizations, on their credit cards. One from AT&T and one from Samsung.

Just checked my preorder at T-Mobile. No charge, no change.

Think they're ready to roll? Would they be shipping overseas, which is why there's still 17 days to go, or will carriers and retailers be delivering earlier than the 21st?

T-Mobile sent out s7's about 2 weeks early

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Oooh! My pre-order status from AT&T has changed to "preparing to ship!"

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

My AT&T preorder also says preparing to ship.

Estimated ship dates were slightly changed at April 19 to April 20th

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Did you get tracking yet? Did your card get charged? Exciting!

No and no. It is just "preparing to ship." Maybe that means they are taking it out of the cool Samsung boxes and putting it in the ugly blue and orange AT&T boxes before they ship.

rgladman

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

No and no. It is just "preparing to ship." Maybe that means they are taking it out of the cool Samsung boxes and putting it in the ugly blue and orange AT&T boxes before they ship.

I saw where there was concern that AT&T would do that for the LG G6 also but my wife's came in the actual LG box. Maybe they will send us the actual box.

My AT&T order is still processing but I didn't place my preorder until 4-01. Assume you placed yours on 3-30.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

LOL thats very true...maybe we will get it early, well except for Verizon

jaye3rd89

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Sadly my sprint status for the past few days has said
"Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus has been received and will be delivered on 4/21. You may continue to check the status of your order at www.sprint.com/myorder. Additionally, keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience."

Oh well...guess I'll be getting it on the day of.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Anybody else order directly from Samsung.com and NOT receive a confirmation email? The order is active under my account at Samsung.com, however, I have yet to receive an email. And that's the kind of thing that makes me anxious.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Anybody else order directly from Samsung.com and NOT receive a confirmation email? The order is active under my account at Samsung.com, however, I have yet to receive an email. And that's the kind of thing that makes me anxious.

I would call them and make sure they got it. I ordered from samsung.com but didn't log into my account to do it and a couple minutes after ordering it I got a confirmation email with my order tracking number. If your samsung account shows a order tracking number simply plug it into the Samsung website and see if it pulls the invoice up.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't see an email from them either and don't remember receiving one. The order is in my Samsung account and I can also see the full details of the order in my PayPal account along with the authorization.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

I called. Told the guy it's showing on my Samsung account under "Orders," but when he tried to access it with the order number, he couldn't find it. Also said I should have received a confirmation e-mail, which I did not. Lovely.