Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

I called. Told the guy it's showing on my Samsung account under "Orders," but when he tried to access it with the order number, he couldn't find it. Also said I should have received a confirmation e-mail, which I did not. Lovely.
When did you order?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Few days ago. (And no, there was no email in my junk folders either.)
Hmm.

And I take back my previous post. I did get an email from Samsung with my order info, it went to the email I use for PayPal instead of the email associated with my Samsung account.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I'm thinking TMO will ship early like they usually do and we will get them around 4/14.
I ordered the S8 plus Orchid Gray

Since I just ordered, just wondering where it says free overnight shipping on the pre-order?
I don't see it on mine, but would assume they all would ship the same way.

*edit* Nevermind. I just noticed that the order had to be fully processed first. It's not showing that exact language, though. It shows OVERNIGHT OVERNIGHT (up to 2 business days).
I am not worrying about it. The Note7 said that as well if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I would call them and make sure they got it. I ordered from samsung.com but didn't log into my account to do it and a couple minutes after ordering it I got a confirmation email with my order tracking number. If your samsung account shows a order tracking number simply plug it into the Samsung website and see if it pulls the invoice up.

Hi there, @Blues Fan:

I want to clarify what you are calling "order tracking number" and what most people call "tracking number".

If I were to be correct, and please correct me if I am mistaken, when one says "tracking number", one most often thinks of a UPS/FedEx tracking number. So when you wrote "order tracking number", initially, I took it to mean either a UPS or FedEx tracking number.

Hope others didn't think the way I did!

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Since I just ordered, just wondering where it says free overnight shipping on the pre-order?
I don't see it on mine, but would assume they all would ship the same way.

*edit* Nevermind. I just noticed that the order had to be fully processed first. It's not showing that exact language, though. It shows OVERNIGHT OVERNIGHT (up to 2 business days).
I am not worrying about it. The Note7 said that as well if I'm not mistaken.

I am pretty sure they are all free overnight shipping.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

Just talked to a Verizon rep (about my bill) but threw in the "do you think we can get it early" she said probably not. It's a tight window she says they have the phones just waiting for them to go to FedEx

to_be_announced

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Found this tidbit in an article for US and Canada customers.

In the US and Canada, the phones will arrive as early as April 18. Those who get their phones before April 21 will also be able to use them right away, a Samsung spokesman confirmed.

Link to Article

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

Did they say when they are actually shipping them out?

Yeah I asked them. The rep said it's a tight window. She also said it's possible but look for it on release date. She says they are preparing them to ship. Didn't say exactly when though

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi there, @Blues Fan:

I want to clarify what you are calling "order tracking number" and what most people call "tracking number".

If I were to be correct, and please correct me if I am mistaken, when one says "tracking number", one most often thinks of a UPS/FedEx tracking number. So when you wrote "order tracking number", initially, I took it to mean either a UPS or FedEx tracking number.

Hope others didn't think the way I did!

I mean the samsung order invoice number! Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully no one had a heart attack thinking I actually had a shipping tracking number.

I bought the S8 Plus Defender at best Buy and asked the sales associate who went in the back to hunt the case down. He doesn't think they will be released early and hasn't heard anything about it so far.

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

Just talked to a Verizon rep (about my bill) but threw in the "do you think we can get it early" she said probably not. It's a tight window she says they have the phones just waiting for them to go to FedEx

I wonder if they are just told to say that so they are not giving out false information, because who knows at this point.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I was at Best Buy buying the S8 Plus Defender and the associate who helped me I asked him if he thinks they will release it early the orders but he doesn't think so and he did not hear anything about pre orders being released early. I'm not counting on it personally. I got my cases so I will just wait for it to come. As long as it is here by release date I'm fine. If not then I'll be raising hell.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Posted in another thread, but I pre-ordered through Best Buy shortly after midnight when ordering went live...and the charges from Best Buy just hit my credit card today, so there is at least some sort of movement.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm not even putting myself through what I did with the Note 7 and checking statuses every damn hour. I even agreed to work on my day off which is the supposed delivery release date. When I get home it'll be there....... Reality on that day "Mom....I have a package at the house...can you bring it by my job for me? It's important. " lol. Mind you I'm 36 lol.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I remember during the Note 7 pre-order how many T-Mobile customers were upset because they didn't get the phone a week early. Some were threatening to leave T-Mobile, others were constantly calling or contacting T-Force to find out when the devices were shipping. There seems to be much less anxiety this time around, though I am sure that will change in about another week. The first person that says their card was charged or that they received a MyUPS notification will set off hysteria.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek