Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

dude trust me we all do!!!! i pre ordered mine through Big Red (Verizon) and we might be the last to get it. it sucks waiting on it lol. i just dont wanna get my hopes up and then be disappointed. but every single day coming is filled with excitement just waiting to see if your order will change to "shipped"

I ordered from Samsung so I hope its true we get it before the carrier people do. Personally, I don't see the point of holding onto them for so long. Once the stock is in just ship them out.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

I have no desire to probably ever use the VR head set as mine will be stuck in the Otterbox Defender the entire time anyway. I will probably sell it or trade it in at best buy or something and use any money from it towards a Tab S3 when the price drops later in the year since I probably won't buy the Note 8 since I'm getting the S8.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

I ordered from Samsung so I hope its true we get it before the carrier people do. Personally, I don't see the point of holding onto them for so long. Once the stock is in just ship them out.

exactly. just get the devices and ship them out. especially if samsung ships it to you guys early, why not the carriers. i cant wait to get it. im thinking about picking up the gear s3 frontier as well. idk though

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

I recall reading that the promo was limited to 350,000 VR headsets and 50,000 headphone/SD card bundles. But now of course I can't find it.

You are correct. You have a choice of either the bundled gift, or the boxed gift.

The Bundle includes the VR and Oculus content and the Box consist of the VR, Oculus, Headphones, and memory card.

"GIFT DETAILS: Two Gift options are available in this Offer: (1) a Samsung Gear VR with controller bundle, which includes a Gear VR with controller (est. $129.99 value) and an Oculus content bonus (est. up to $50 value) redeemable as a digital download from the Oculus store (“Oculus Content”) (collectively “Bundle Gift”); or (2) a limited edition Samsung fully immersive VR Experience box for $99 available only from Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung App, which includes a Gear VR with controller (est. $129.99 value), Oculus Content (est. up to $50 value), one pair of Harman AKG Y50BT black headphones (est. $149.95
value), and a Samsung 256GB MicroSD EVO+ memory card (est. $249.99 value) (collectively “Box Gift”). Participants may choose either the Bundle Gift or the Box Gift (requires additional $99 payment), but may not choose both. One Gift per Qualifying Purchase, while supplies remain available. Upon verification of the Offer Claim Form and Qualifying Purchase receipt (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), the Participant will be sent his/her chosen Gift within 6-8 weeks."

"No more than 350,000 Bundle Gifts, and no more than 50,000 Box Gifts, are available in this Offer."

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/infinitelyimmersiverules/

Devicus

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm from Canada. I ordered the Midnight Black Samsung S8 from Koodo. The delivery date says April 17th on my order so it will be interesting if I get it 3 days before the original date of April 20. Time will tell :p. Can't wait!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

i dont believe so. why would they ship on a sunday? thats kind of odd. they said they heard a CSR say it but can you really believe them? probably not im just saying take it with a grain of salt because if they dont ship on sunday you'll be upset.

They don't really ship on Sunday. They might already be in the shipping Wearhouse with a release date. UPS & FedEx will work on Sunday.

Kasey Pierce

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

I have a question about pre ordering from Samsung.com. I am on Verizon and in order to get the pre order bonus from them I would be forced to go onto their unlimited data, trade in my s6e+ which i own, and lose my employer discount all to get the new Gear VR and Goodies. (plus my bill would go up 47 dollars a month). If i got it with the 30 dollar a mo payment option with Samsung, could i then just add the phone to my Verizon bill and not have to have my bill go up?

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

They don't really ship on Sunday. They might already be in the shipping Wearhouse with a release date. UPS & FedEx will work on Sunday.

that is what i'm saying. sammy wouldn't ship on a sunday. i know ups and fedex works on those days but i dont think shipments would be handled until monday morning

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

This article is mostly about South Korea with the exception of the 3rd paragraph which looks like was added in according to the footnote. Pre-orders in South Korea only started on April 7 and I also saw on Korean TV the same details - they will get it by the 18th.

That is pretty quick! Then again that is the HQ of the company. Probably why they get 6gb models of phones such as LG and Samsungs. I wonder if people over there get obsessed with pro orders like us in North America and England lol.

Some people wonder if somehow if an insider sabotaged the Note 7 somehow. Could Kim Jong Un have people in South Korea trying to mess with Samsung?

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I have a question about pre ordering from Samsung.com. I am on Verizon and in order to get the pre order bonus from them I would be forced to go onto their unlimited data, trade in my s6e+ which i own, and lose my employer discount all to get the new Gear VR and Goodies. (plus my bill would go up 47 dollars a month). If i got it with the 30 dollar a mo payment option with Samsung, could i then just add the phone to my Verizon bill and not have to have my bill go up?

I'd say you didn't look into it all that much then. 1. they aren't forcing you to an unlimited plan that is ONLY IF YOU WANT to trade in your S6. 2. you shouldn't lose your employer discount (my wife has it on our account) and we changed from the More Everything to the new Verizon plan. It's $30 a month on Verizon as well and you can get the Gear VR setup as well.

Last edited:

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

TMO charged me for the down payment and taxes. You pay taxes on the total value.

When I've done Verizon in the past they've charged the taxes once the item shipped, but BB initially did it right away. I went back and checked though and it's no longer in my pending charges for my bank account and didn't come out of the account either... maybe it was just a funds check.

Kasey Pierce

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

I spoke to two different reps. I was talking about getting the pre order bonus. In order to get the vr headset you have to switch to the unlimited data plan, which employee discounts dont work on only veterans discount. I know i can upgrade without switching plans, but forfeit the pre order bonus.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

When I've done Verizon in the past they've charged the taxes once the item shipped, but BB initially did it right away. I went back and checked though and it's no longer in my pending charges for my bank account and didn't come out of the account either... maybe it was just a funds check.

That's what it was. They can only place a hold on an account for so long before they release it and then make the actual charge later on. Normal behavior.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

In order to get the vr headset you have to switch to the unlimited data plan...I know i can upgrade without switching plans, but forfeit the pre order bonus.

I don't see how Verizon can control who does and doesn't get the Samsung pre-order bonus based on what plan they have, considering the pre-order bonus is redeemed through Samsung directly, not through Verizon.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Show of hands, who's buying one? And what color/storage are you getting? If you're not getting one... why not?

Just pre ordered my S8 in midnight black to upgrade from my white S6.

The regular S8 just felt perfect in my hand while the S8+ felt a bit too tall for my liking. Besides, the S8 had a larger screen than my Note 3 and S6. It'll be fine.

Best Buy is giving me $200 for my S6 and Note 3 so I'm good to go.

Super excited now.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I spoke to two different reps. I was talking about getting the pre order bonus. In order to get the vr headset you have to switch to the unlimited data plan, which employee discounts dont work on only veterans discount. I know i can upgrade without switching plans, but forfeit the pre order bonus.

Can't you just preorder through Verizon and get the promotion through Samsung directly? Once you get your phone?

https://samsungpromotions.com

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Doesn't make sense when I talked to a rep at the store and the rep on the phone that I asked about the promotions and they both said the same thing that it was the same and Gear VR was included.

Added Note: Verizon is running 2 different promos: 1. Trade in your phone on the unlimited plan to get the phone cheaper on monthly plan. 2. Get the Gear VR Free from Samsung.com/promotions .

Here was my chat with the VZ Rep moments ago:
You:I already preordered but I heard that the only way to get the Gear VR promo was to have the unlimited package?
DARYON: Nope if you look at the VR in the promotions page says. purchase required before 4/21/17. visit samsung.com/us/promotions to redeem free gear by 5/14/17.