Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I'm going to clarify to everybody now about the preorder bonus and purchasing through Verizon.

First, I working for the company, So I'm not pulling this out of thin air and second, People on here will vouch for the me, because whenever I give information it's always credible and correct.

You DO NOT have to be on unlimited data to get the preorder bonuses. The bonuses have NOTHING to do with Verizon and Verizon is only letting people know about the deal. Just like it says on the site and Samsungs site, You are supposed to visit the Samsung promo site once you receive the phone to submit information for bonuses.

NOW, Verizon is also running a trade in deal where you can get a upgraded value for your trade in and it will bring down your payments, but you have to trade in certain devices and be on unlimited to receive those trade in values.

I hope this clears everything up for people.

ALSO, Verizon will start shipping phones out Sunday/Monday of the week of the 21st. Don't expect anything the week before. Once you are charged, get excited. People who were able to choose overnight delivery will see movement after people who chose 2 day shipping, Which means everyone will receive most of their preorders around the same time. So for those who paid extra for overnight, don't expect it any earlier than others.

I will try to keep everyone updated on here if anything changes.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

As frustrating as it was, I'm almost glad there were so many issues with me trying to order through Samsung.com, as it forced my hand to look elsewhere. The Best Buy S8+ deal (Verizon) seems almost too good to be true, but it's completely legit. Only $29.83 per month, multiplied by 24 months, comes to $715.92. That's more than a $100 discount. Plus still eligible for the pre-order bonus and it'll be delivered to me by 4/21. Pretty sweet.

Kasey Pierce

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

Thanks joe indeeed. I called Verizon yesterday and was yold by two different reps very different stories. I. Ended up just buy the phone outright. Saves me in the long run.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

I'm going to clarify to everybody now about the preorder bonus and purchasing through Verizon.

First, I working for the company, So I'm not pulling this out of thin air and second, People on here will vouch for the me, because whenever I give information it's always credible and correct.

You DO NOT have to be on unlimited data to get the preorder bonuses. The bonuses have NOTHING to do with Verizon and Verizon is only letting people know about the deal. Just like it says on the site and Samsungs site, You are supposed to visit the Samsung promo site once you receive the phone to submit information for bonuses.

NOW, Verizon is also running a trade in deal where you can get a upgraded value for your trade in and it will bring down your payments, but you have to trade in certain devices and be on unlimited to receive those trade in values.

ALSO, Verizon will start shipping phones out Sunday/Monday of the week of the 21st. Don't expect anything the week before. Once you are charged, get excited. People who were able to choose overnight delivery will see movement after people who chose 2 day shipping, Which means everyone will receive most of their preorders around the same time. So for those who paid extra for overnight, don't expect it any earlier than others.

Ok cool. So I've never seen a Authorization charge on my CC but I got a confirmation email with my new phone number (just switched to Verizon) and a pre order number, location code and order number. Should I be worried if they didn't authorize my card?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok cool. So I've never seen a Authorization charge on my CC but I got a confirmation email with my new phone number (just switched to Verizon) and a pre order number, location code and order number. Should I be worried if they didn't authorize my card?
Not at all. Verizon doesn't charge people anything until they process and ship the phone. Do not be worried ☺️

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

Not at all. Verizon doesn't charge people anything until they process and ship the phone. Do not be worried ☺️

Thanks alot for the info joe. Now I can stop checking my order status until next Sunday/Monday. I swear I've gotten a grey hair stressing about it lol

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

As frustrating as it was, I'm almost glad there were so many issues with me trying to order through Samsung.com, as it forced my hand to look elsewhere. The Best Buy S8+ deal (Verizon) seems almost too good to be true, but it's completely legit. Only $29.83 per month, multiplied by 24 months, comes to $715.92. That's more than a $100 discount. Plus still eligible for the pre-order bonus and it'll be delivered to me by 4/21. Pretty sweet.

Certain things happen for a reason. Glad you got the better end of this one. Now just like the rest of us, it's a waiting game.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks alot for the info joe. Now I can stop checking my order status until next Sunday/Monday. I swear I've gotten a grey hair stressing about it lol

During this time I think a lot of are getting grey hairs just checking order status :)

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Those that have received their trade in boxes where did it ship from? Also I remember last year my s7 came about 3 days early than what Verizon posted on their site.

I also remember the cluster @#ck that was dealing Samsung promotions when I was trying to get my Gear S2 which took almost 3 months. Hopefully they have their **** together this year with the VR (not holding my breath)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Those that have received their trade in boxes where did it ship from? Also I remember last year my s7 came about 3 days early than what Verizon posted on their site.

I also remember the cluster @#ck that was dealing Samsung promotions when I was trying to get my Gear S2 which took almost 3 months. Hopefully they have their **** together this year with the VR (not holding my breath)

For me it was trying to order the Note 7 that gave me headaches. No one on the customer service side seemed to know anything and I had to place the order FIVE times before someone got it right.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

how did you like the gear s2 watch? is it any good or useful? i was thinking of getting the gear s3 frontier

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Thank you very much for this information..highly appreciated

Will look out for your updates.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

From Verizon..I just kept the box somewhere because I may sell my s7 edge on swappa

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I forgot to ask this though, my order was billed to my account, probably because I chose device payment...that shouldn't be an issue right?

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

how did you like the gear s2 watch? is it any good or useful? i was thinking of getting the gear s3 frontier

It works as advertised. I mainly use it for counting steps and to listen to music with my headphones. Now that they have the connector that allows you to swap out bands that aren't silicone it's awesome. The S3 looks even better. They S2 was free and nothing beats free99.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I pre ordered the black s8+. I'm debating if I should get Dex or not. I guess I'll wait for reviews come out for it.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Bought a iPhone 7+ this year so
trying to hold out...

So yeah, I went with black on the plus model 🤦🏼*♂️ Wife's. Gonna. Be. Thrilled. 🏼*♂️

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield