Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I got a FedEx shipping notification from Brightpoint N. A., If it is from Samsung and it delivered on 4/13 that will be 8 days for the Official Launch date. I read somewhere in the forms that Samsung will be delivering a days early. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Per Sprint's site, shipping will be as early as 4/17. :)

Edit: I tried to register for the promotion but when I go to the link nothing comes up for submit the claim form..this is both on the site and I follow what it says do on the Samsung Shop App.

Is anyone else having an issue with this?

you can not register for the promotion until you have your phone in hand. If you did the preorder through samsung, you were automatically entered as part of the ordering process.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I got a FedEx shipping notification from Brightpoint N. A., If it is from Samsung and it delivered on 4/13 that will be 8 days for the Official Launch date. I read somewhere in the forms that Samsung will be delivering a days early. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Read the past few pages of this thread. May be a free gift. A potential amplifier dock (see Reddit link too). But we'll see! It would be awesome if it was the phone this early but I doubt it.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Read the past few pages of this thread. May be a free gift. A potential amplifier dock (see Reddit link too). But we'll see! It would be awesome if it was the phone this early but I doubt it.

I seen the prior post. It's just wishful thinking on my part.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't read too much into it. All this means is that they are printing labels, then they have to apply them to all the box's. Then they still have to get loaded onto pallets, wrapped and then FedEx has to come and pick them up. We won't get them until sometime next week, I just got my text from T-mobile saying they are boxing it up and to expect to see a charge on my card but they add that that they will start shipping on the 19th. Since it's overnight delivery I'll probably see it the 20th unless things get backed up, then it will probably be the 21st.
It's a good thing T-mobile is actually stating this and that they won't ship until next week.
People normally see FedEx notifications that a label was created, then start bombarding T-mobile as to why their phone isn't moving. It takes a while to get them all labeled. Then, they'll all go out together.
It doesn't matter if you ordered as soon as pre-orders went live or 3 days ago. It's totally random.

However, I do love seeing the random freak out posts from the early pre-order people who haven't received anything yet from the carrier when someone who ordered only a couple of days ago has.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
So far i have stayed away from all displays of the S8 & S8+, i want my first experience with the phone to be when i open the box on my new phone.

fredd32

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I understand I won't be able to fill out the form before I receive my s8, but I can't even find the form at the official website. Anyone see the form anywhere? I would like to see what I am going to need to submit.

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Pre-ordered the S*+ at Best Buy last night. Got a sheet about the online submission for the free VR gear but no spot to actually order it. Wonder if it comes automatically from Samsung when I preordered at best buy?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But that Fedex Label is curious with the 4/13 delivery date... hmmm.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though. I'd imagine this is just them creating labels and that delivery date may get pushed back to next week. I guess we'll see.

Do not trust the estimated delivery date until the package starts moving. That is FedEx assuming they will get it pretty soon. Once it starts moving the delivery date will be more accurate.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I understand I won't be able to fill out the form before I receive my s8, but I can't even find the form at the official website. Anyone see the form anywhere? I would like to see what I am going to need to submit.

I called Samsung and they said I cant file to get the gear until the 21st as I will need info from the phone.

When you get your phone go to this website and fill out the information, or you can do it from the samsung app on your new phone.
https://samsungpromotions.com

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I feel better now 'cause I can't either. I will be very annoyed if it's the same fiasco as last year with the watches and VR. Either have enough for everyone who buys early or don't offer it to begin with.