Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

primal5

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
BTW in sure this was mentioned and my apologies if I'm repeating old news but the Samsung.com site does say if your order by the 17th you will receive your preorder by the 20th.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I just received an Amplifier Dock from Samsung yesterday. Got a shipping notification a few days back and it was delivered yesterday.

I received the Fed Ex tracking the afternoon after I had canceled my pre-order.

So to answer any questions from the people that ordered directly from Samsung, it's not the phone. It will most likely be the speaker dock. At least that's what I just received.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So chances are if they stay true to those numbers... Us that did the Pre-Orders through our carrier will most likely lose out on the 99 dollar bundle. Esp., if the numbers are correct that the S8's pre-order numbers top the galaxy s7

I bought from Sprint. The $99 bundle was advertised as included with the preorder and no indication that it would or could be sold out by Samsung before I even got my phone. I will apply for the bundle the day I get the phone. As I ordered in the first few hours they went on sale, it I am turned away for the offer, I will be expecting Sprint to make good on it since they made the offer directly to me, Not Samsung. If they refuse, they will have an open box phone back for full refund.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I bought from Sprint. The $99 bundle was advertised as included with the preorder and no indication that it would or could be sold out by Samsung before I even got my phone. I will apply for the bundle the day I get the phone. As I ordered in the first few hours they went on sale, it I am turned away for the offer, I will be expecting Sprint to make good on it since they made the offer directly to me, Not Samsung. If they refuse, they will have an open box phone back for full refund.

You can read this from last year on the Gear VR offer for the Galaxy S7 - bottomline is this is limited supply offer and is fullfilled by Samsung and not any of the carriers or outlets.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Archives/Samsung-gear-VR/td-p/20597?id16=samsung%20gear%20vr%20%7CAll&question_box=samsung%20gear%20vr%20%7CAll

And the offer other than the Gear VR is a $130 Samsung ecertificate for a future purchase (per the terms and conditions of the offer).

Reward eCertificate: In the event that Bundle Gifts are unavailable for any reason, including
a force majeure event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose to give Participants the
option to receive a $1 30 Reward eCertificate as a substitute. Reward eCertificates are valid
only at www.Samsung.com or in the App for use towards a new eligible purchase, and are
valid 03/30/17 through 07/31/17. Reward eCertificates are valid for mobile category
products only (including smartphones, wearables, virtual reality, tablets and mobile
accessories) and may not be used to pay for major appliances, or any other product not sold
directly on Samsung.com through DR GlobalTech, an Authorized Samsung Reseller. Reward
eCertificates cannot be used for TVs and/or Digital Audio/Video products that fall under
Samsung’s Unilateral Pricing Policy.

Last edited:

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

You can read this from last year on the Gear VR offer for the Galaxy S7 - bottomline is this is limited supply offer and is fullfilled by Samsung and not any of the carriers or outlets.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Archives/Samsung-gear-VR/td-p/20597?id16=samsung%20gear%20vr%20%7CAll&question_box=samsung%20gear%20vr%20%7CAll

And the offer other than the Gear VR is a $130 Samsung ecertificate for a future purchase (per the terms and conditions of the offer).

Reward eCertificate: In the event that Bundle Gifts are unavailable for any reason, including
a force majeure event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose to give Participants the
option to receive a $1 30 Reward eCertificate as a substitute. Reward eCertificates are valid
only at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US or in the App for use towards a new eligible purchase, and are
valid 03/30/17 through 07/31/17. Reward eCertificates are valid for mobile category
products only (including smartphones, wearables, virtual reality, tablets and mobile
accessories) and may not be used to pay for major appliances, or any other product not sold
directly on Samsung.com through DR GlobalTech, an Authorized Samsung Reseller. Reward
eCertificates cannot be used for TVs and/or Digital Audio/Video products that fall under
Samsung’s Unilateral Pricing Policy.

last year with the gs7/edge they had the offer of the headphones i believe. Well I had submitted my application for it and was approved, a while later i received another e-mail saying that with the high demand for the headphones, they couldn't send me them. Instead they sent me one of their wireless speakers and something else, i forget what it was. So I think they will make accommodations for those that don't get to get either of the bundles.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just check my account and T-Mobile took my money

Seems about a day sooner. Last year that Thur and Fri Tmobile debited the credit cards. With Sunday being Easter it makes sense if they started doing it today and you should expect your phone either next thur or Fri just like it was last year.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just received an Amplifier Dock from Samsung yesterday. Got a shipping notification a few days back and it was delivered yesterday.

I received the Fed Ex tracking the afternoon after I had canceled my pre-order.

So to answer any questions from the people that ordered directly from Samsung, it's not the phone. It will most likely be the speaker dock. At least that's what I just received.

this one?
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/64ubjk/preorders_galaxy_s8_and_100_vr_package_and/