Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
yep, my 0.8 lb package (whatever it is) is in transit (in Indianapolis as we speak) with a delivery date of 4/14 (signature required). Not sure what it is and I wonder if it will be held somewhere along the way if it is the phone?

EDIT: I assume you're the same Blues fan on XDA I replied to earlier today ;)

Yep, that's me! I'm confused by all this too. I thought the VR freebie and phone were shipping together?

Mkeditor

May 2, 2016
Visit site
March 31 Midnight-Ordered the S8 in Silver from T-Mobile.

April 1- Saw the phones at my local T-Mobile store.
Discovered the S8+ was only a hair wider than my S7 Edge.

April 1- Cancelled original order and ordered the S8+ in silver.

I've already received my Spigen Unicorn Beetle case and USB-C cables and car chargers from Amazon.

April 12- Received the text from TM. Called to get clarification. The site says my order will ship "Overnight - Up to 2 business days (Free)". Overnight and two days are two different services. The rep said it was being sent USPS... which is frightening. $850 + $71.40 tax = $921.40. That's an expensive piece of gear to put faith in a mailman. She also said the only way to change shipping was to cancel the order and start over. My hope is that she was blowing smoke.

T-Mobile hasn't hit my Amex yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20170412_192802.jpg
    IMG_20170412_192802.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 48

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Amazon switched to USPS over a year ago. I have received every shipment on time, some on Sunday delivery. Most expensive item was $400. I don't worry the least bit about USPS.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
March 31 Midnight-Ordered the S8 in Silver from T-Mobile.

April 1- Saw the phones at my local T-Mobile store.
Discovered the S8+ was only a hair wider than my S7 Edge.

April 1- Cancelled original order and ordered the S8+ in silver.

I've already received my Spigen Unicorn Beetle case and USB-C cables and car chargers from Amazon.

April 12- Received the text from TM. Called to get clarification. The site says my order will ship "Overnight - Up to 2 business days (Free)". Overnight and two days are two different services. The rep said it was being sent USPS... which is frightening. $850 + $71.40 tax = $921.40. That's an expensive piece of gear to put faith in a mailman. She also said the only way to change shipping was to cancel the order and start over. My hope is that she was blowing smoke.

T-Mobile hasn't hit my Amex yet.
They don't ship overnight, they ship Next Day Air Saver. TMobile gives themselves an out in case they don't get the package to UPS on time so they tell you up to 2 days.

Raveen Bains

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone,

New to the form but always been a android user.

So I preordered from Samsung.com directly, also did the $99 bundle and my carrier is Tmobile. I just purchased everything and paid it off, hoping it comes unlocked.

I got a email today from fedex (see attached pic). As everyone else, not sure if its the phone or the gift. But I never received a text from Tmobile at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170412-204309.jpg
    Screenshot_20170412-204309.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 39

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Amazon switched to USPS over a year ago. I have received every shipment on time, some on Sunday delivery. Most expensive item was $400. I don't worry the least bit about USPS.
USPS once sent a video card I ordered from California to Hawaii before redirecting it back to Texas. It was priority mail and supposed to arrive in 2 days. It ended up taking 9 days.

I also routinely have Amazon packages that go MIA for 2 or 3 days at a time thanks to USPS. Of course Amazon is great and they add another month to my Prime membership everytime a delivery date is missed. My current $99 12 month membership will last me 19 months.

I tell Amazon everytime... Please stop doing business with USPS. Just let them hemorrhage billions of dollars every year.

Mkeditor

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm a magazine publisher. We deal daily we people who never receive what we've shipped them and the USPS won't take responsibility for the service for which I pay them for. You'll have oi forgive me that I have little confidence in them.

The frustrating thing is that I leave for London on the afternoon of the 20th. It's going to suck if it doesn't arrive until the day AFTER I leave.

a2thejay23

May 16, 2010
Visit site
im in the same boat. going on a cruise the afternoon of the 20th...with my luck, it'll be delivered (but reject cuz no signature) 30 minutes after i leave

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I personally think the time frame we get the phones is Tue-Thur.

Anyway Blues won tonight in OT so I'm happy for a couple days if the phone doesn't come.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
You may be a happy camper now.. but if the blues make it.. more then likely they will face the blackhawks.

I think they could beat them again. MN overall has me more worried. They're a very high scoring team this year. I actually think the Predators could be trouble for the Blackhawks. The sleeper team in the West this year is the Oilers I think. They did lose game one though.

Thompsontriplets

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
MN has been on the back burner the last month and a half. The Preds are always trouble but the Blackhawks always steps it up doing the final run.. I think both series will go six.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae