Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

New to the form but always been a android user.

So I preordered from Samsung.com directly, also did the $99 bundle and my carrier is Tmobile. I just purchased everything and paid it off, hoping it comes unlocked.

I got a email today from fedex (see attached pic). As everyone else, not sure if its the phone or the gift. But I never received a text from Tmobile at all.

You won't get a text from T-Mobile because you didn't order from them. You ordered from Samsung.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

New to the form but always been a android user.

So I preordered from Samsung.com directly, also did the $99 bundle and my carrier is Tmobile. I just purchased everything and paid it off, hoping it comes unlocked.

I got a email today from fedex (see attached pic). As everyone else, not sure if its the phone or the gift. But I never received a text from Tmobile at all.

I have a similar package coming Friday. Most likely some bonus gift or pre-order promo. I guess we'll see!

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I'm a tad confused. Ordering from Samsung UK site, we get the phone 8 days before launch. Is that going to be 20th April or the 21st April? I need to "work from home" on one of those days :) Also the Samsung warehouse is 2 miles from my house. Can I just rock up there and get my phone? Want it NOW!! Lol!

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
USPS once sent a video card I ordered from California to Hawaii before redirecting it back to Texas. It was priority mail and supposed to arrive in 2 days. It ended up taking 9 days.

I also routinely have Amazon packages that go MIA for 2 or 3 days at a time thanks to USPS. Of course Amazon is great and they add another month to my Prime membership everytime a delivery date is missed. My current $99 12 month membership will last me 19 months.

I tell Amazon everytime... Please stop doing business with USPS. Just let them hemorrhage billions of dollars every year.

I have had the same experience with USPS. I have had packages go right past me as they travel from one side of the country to the other, delaying delivery by 2 to 3 days. I have also had good experiences, but Fed Ex and UPS are much more reliable, although they are certainly not perfect.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same experience with USPS. I have had packages go right past me as they travel from one side of the country to the other, delaying delivery by 2 to 3 days. I have also had good experiences, but Fed Ex and UPS are much more reliable, although they are certainly not perfect.
Agreed, none of them are perfect.

UPS is the most reliable for me. I like FedEx but 3 times in the past 2 years they have marked a package as not deliverable, no apartment number. Yeah FedEx, there's no apartment number because I live in a house. It's amazing.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile charged me the full price of the phone, not the $300-something down payment. Should I contact them, or is it normal to initially run a charge for the full price?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My mom says her credit card hasn't been charged by Samsung yet, But I got a package in transit from them which is one of the free gifts likely. Should I be worried something is messed up with my order?

anon(9676543)

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile tried to charge my card but my bank's fraud department declined the charge before asking if I recognize the charge..

I had to contact T-Mobile to ask if they could try to charge the account again and they said they would within 5 days. Also contacted my bank to make sure the charge would go through next time they try.

I remember T-Mobile saying they would charge the card right before they ship the phone. Thanks a lot, fraud department!

anon(632186)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well this is weird.... fed ex just came to my house when I wasn't home. Saw on nest cam looked to have box the size of a phone box. Looked on PayPal and Samsung has charged me the price of the phone as of last night buuuuut I cancelled the order previously from them and I preordered through att. I doubt it is the bonus stuff as they didn't charge me the 99 dollars yet and the package didn't look large enough for vr headset. I'm so confused lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I just called Samsung to check on my order status. They have a hold on the credit card and it will be charged when they're ready to ship.

The rep said that on the 17th the phone will be shipped and I should get it no later than the 20th. So it looks like the 19th for most of us then. Probably the same time people who ordered from Tmobile will get it maybe a day sooner.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Well this is weird.... fed ex just came to my house when I wasn't home. Saw on nest cam looked to have box the size of a phone box. Looked on PayPal and Samsung has charged me the price of the phone as of last night buuuuut I cancelled the order previously from them and I preordered through att. I doubt it is the bonus stuff as they didn't charge me the 99 dollars yet and the package didn't look large enough for vr headset. I'm so confused lol.

Its the bonus gift, mine arrived today. was in a small "phone like" box. A free gift from them is cool and i appreciate it. But how cool would it have been if it had been a DEX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney