Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Well this is weird.... fed ex just came to my house when I wasn't home. Saw on nest cam looked to have box the size of a phone box. Looked on PayPal and Samsung has charged me the price of the phone as of last night buuuuut I cancelled the order previously from them and I preordered through att. I doubt it is the bonus stuff as they didn't charge me the 99 dollars yet and the package didn't look large enough for vr headset. I'm so confused lol.
I'm in the same situation. It's probably that free surprise speaker stand that people are getting.

I'm wondering if Everyone will get this surprise gift or does anyone think it's for those of us who have had 1 or more S7/S7E and/or Note7's?

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. It's probably that free surprise speaker stand that people are getting.

I'm wondering if Everyone will get this surprise gift or does anyone think it's for those of us who have had 1 or more S7/S7E and/or Note7's?

at first i thought it might just be for those who ordered on day 1, however i received one and i placed my order on April 1st. now i am wondering if it is for those who ordered through samsung.com

anon(9676543)

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

It's for people who ordered through Samsung's website. Everyone else who preordered will have to fill out paperwork after receiving the phone to get the gift.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely happening only for people who ordered via Samsung.com
I haven't heard of anyone getting the freebie when ordering elsewhere.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Is Samsung putting a lock on early deliveries or what? Before (at least with TMO) they would ship early. The earliest for me was 11 days ahead of public release.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Got charged today by tmobile, but the text I received yesterday said it wouldn't ship until the 19th.

All the charge means is that they are creating labels and getting everything packaged. But they have several pallets to load and then call UPS/FedEx to come pick them up so it's going to be next week, maybe the 20th a day early but I wouldn't expect anything sooner than that... it would be nice though :)

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Is Samsung putting a lock on early deliveries or what? Before (at least with TMO) they would ship early. The earliest for me was 11 days ahead of public release.

The last early Samsung device was the S7, we didn't get the Note 7 until one day prior to official launch so Samsung may very well have clamped down on early shipping.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I ordered through Samsung.com, but on April 4th, and I have no incoming shipments per FedEx. There must have been some sort of cut-off. Maybe for those who ordered in the first 24 or 48 hours?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I just called Samsung to check on my order status. They have a hold on the credit card and it will be charged when they're ready to ship.

The rep said that on the 17th the phone will be shipped and I should get it no later than the 20th. So it looks like the 19th for most of us then. Probably the same time people who ordered from Tmobile will get it maybe a day sooner.

I think you should probably stop being so nervous lol. The phone comes out in a week. No one should be concerned that they haven't been charged yet or don't have tracking number. This stuff is going to happy quickly within a few days. Some people will get tracking numbers a couple days AFTER it's available. So rest easy and try not to worry so much.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Got charged today by tmobile, but the text I received yesterday said it wouldn't ship until the 19th.

The charge happens once they secure inventory for you and the item is now more like preparing for shipping. I know it's hard but just waiting patiently the info will come and so will your device ;)

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well this is weird.... fed ex just came to my house when I wasn't home. Saw on nest cam looked to have box the size of a phone box. Looked on PayPal and Samsung has charged me the price of the phone as of last night buuuuut I cancelled the order previously from them and I preordered through att. I doubt it is the bonus stuff as they didn't charge me the 99 dollars yet and the package didn't look large enough for vr headset. I'm so confused lol.

I did the same thing. I am seeing a Fedex label created for me, yet I cancelled my Samsung order and ordered through T-Mobile. I won't be mad if they ship one to me....

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been apart of almost every iPhone preorder and major Android flagships and just want you guys to know that the systems and information that has been sent to you is not always indicative of where they are in the process. For instance, although your order on the website still may say "processing" or something like that it could really be past that part in the process and preparing for shipment. They could already have tracking numbers for many of these devices but they simply haven't posted yet to accounts.

So don't get worried if you don't have a tracking number by early next week. Chances are by the time many receive tracking info, it was prepared several days before they let you know it was. Just want to assure you these things are typically seen with preorders. So try not to freak out when your fellow AC forum member gets a tracking number on Saturday and you didn't. That does not mean yours is not that far along in the process. Just means they haven't gotten to send the info to you at that time. So this type of stuff all the time. Even with regular orders we place but of course we may not pay attention as closely with as much anticipation and nervousness. So plan to go into the weekend without tracking info but don't be alarmed. And honestly, there would be nothing you could do that late that would speed up the process anyway lol.

So just speaking from experience. I no longer get worried about this stuff anymore. I order and expect it to come by the release date no matter when their systems are updating with administrative information.

NOTE: This is from the perspective of dealing directly with carriers. Not Samsung.com

Also, in regards of Samsung free gifts. Never had an issue with it. People here are getting overly nervous about how many free units will be available. Don't worry. There will be enough for those that preordered. The process is easy. A quick form to fill out, copy of receipt and that's it. Don't worry here either. You'll get that as well. Good luck guys.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They have not charged my card yet...spoke to the reps also on Twitter. They should not be charging anyone's card until the device ships out. A good way of knowing they didn't charge your card is if you see "PartiallyPreordered"on the order status in my.tmobile.com. The devices are not going out until the 17th or 18th at the earliest.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Weird that I got that but had canceled the phone lol.

I cancelled my order with Samsung the other day. That afternoon I received an email from Fed Ex that they are shipping me something. It arrived the other day in that "phone" like box. It was the speaker. I am keeping it.

anon(632186)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I cancelled my order with Samsung the other day. That afternoon I received an email from Fed Ex that they are shipping me something. It arrived the other day in that "phone" like box. It was the speaker. I am keeping it.
I am doing the same lol. Not worth the headache of trying to send back if they screwed up.

airkorea08

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone pre-order through Best Buy? Wonder if they ship on the same schedule as the carriers (Verizon)?

I did the pre-order through Best Buy and wonder about this as well. If VZW happens to get phones delivered by the 20th, can we pick it up then??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513