Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Man you really hooked yourself up!

Yeah. I'm trying to resist urge. Have like ~50 cases for 7+ ranging from $1 to $150 🤦🏼*♂️

Maybe I need to order a 8+ Element 🤷🏼*♂️

b3e64bd044bb32a7708217fad9c7fafb.jpg

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
What does everyone think -

I wonder if we are all getting confused on what wireless carriers means when they say you are charged when your device ships and this is why -

What if your wireless carrier charges you when THEY ship/give your device to UPS, FedEx, etc from their holding warehouse after they're delivered from China?

This seems like what is happening, I believe a lot of people assume when they are charged then that means it's shipping from UPS, FedEx, etc and that's not correct. I don't think when your wireless carrier says "you will be charged when your device ships" has anything to do with the actually company delivering your device...

I don't know just throwing out ideas :D

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Well they just charged my credit card I ordered straight from Samsung but I have not received any shipping information

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well they just charged my credit card I ordered straight from Samsung but I have not received any shipping information

That's a good sign. People who ordered under their samsung account say the cancel option isn't available anymore as well. Hopefully it ships out tomorrow. With 2 day air they're cutting it close. Instead of spending the money to ship those crappy speakers they should have used that instead to give us overnight shipping.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
That's a good sign. People who ordered under their samsung account say the cancel option isn't available anymore as well. Hopefully it ships out tomorrow. With 2 day air they're cutting it close. Instead of spending the money to ship those crappy speakers they should have used that instead to give us overnight shipping.

I wouldn't say they're cutting it close because if it ships on Monday we will have it on Wednesday which is actually one day earlier than we were told it would be delivered but yes I would have preferred overnight shipping as well.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I was told by the Samsung rep that I would receive my phone by the 20th so I'm sure shipping info should get tomorrow

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Ah all you lucky people. I havent heard anything yet but we have a public holiday on Monday and just had one on Friday so I guess shipping will start Tuesday/Wednesday in the UK for delivery on Thursday/Friday.

I have the weekend off so I'm really hoping it turns up on Friday afternoon and that my amazing neighbours will take it in for me.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What does everyone think -

I wonder if we are all getting confused on what wireless carriers means when they say you are charged when your device ships and this is why -

What if your wireless carrier charges you when THEY ship/give your device to UPS, FedEx, etc from their holding warehouse after they're delivered from China?

This seems like what is happening, I believe a lot of people assume when they are charged then that means it's shipping from UPS, FedEx, etc and that's not correct. I don't think when your wireless carrier says "you will be charged when your device ships" has anything to do with the actually company delivering your device...

I don't know just throwing out ideas :D

I think that's exactly what it means. When it leaves their warehouse or is just about to - which would mean when they hand it to the shipping company, courier, or when it is on the way to the courier. So, it makes sense to me that CC's would be charged before tracking info is updated in the shipping company's database. The warehouse generates the shipping label with the tracking info and the shipping company hasn't received the info yet.

Raveen Bains

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Curious, was any one charged when originally placing the order because I was charged the full amount on March 30th. Those that are being charged now, are you doing the payment plan or paying the full amount?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Curious, was any one charged when originally placing the order because I was charged the full amount on March 30th. Those that are being charged now, are you doing the payment plan or paying the full amount?

I ordered from Samsung.com on 3/31 and was charged the full amount the same day.