Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Nowhere in the literature I received does it say that they had limited amounts asnd it would be first come first serve. I pre-orders through Best Buy and was told I would be able to chose either promo. I had to wait for an appointment to get the phone and they NEVER said there was limited quantities. I found out it was sold out before I even got the phone. Best Buy made me wait for an appointment at 3:30 the day it was released. They said all the morning times were taken. It's Bull and a scam. SamScum!

WTF. Best Buy makes you make an appointment when picking up an ordered phone? You just can't go to the customer service counter and pickup your order and take the phone home and do it yourself?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
WTF. Best Buy makes you make an appointment when picking up an ordered phone? You just can't go to the customer service counter and pickup your order and take the phone home and do it yourself?

No you can pick it up and leave. I walked in, told them who I was, they verified everything (who I am), and I walked out with the box. I opened it once at work and did what needed to be done.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Some people can... if you order online you can just go in a pick it up... if you order in store sometimes they will make you stay and activate it.

I have had them tell me I had to stay and let them activate it right there in store and I told them I would leave and they would lose a sale.... They let me leave...LOL

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Some people can... if you order online you can just go in a pick it up... if you order in store sometimes they will make you stay and activate it.

I have had them tell me I had to stay and let them activate it right there in store and I told them I would leave and they would lose a sale.... They let me leave...LOL

What about if you already have a sim card?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
well the last time it was fine I picked up my phone and left... I could pick up and go, but I ordered online and my Verizon account was already attached to the upgrade. However if you ordered in store they made you stay and they would activate it for you.

One time before I ordered online and just wanted to pick it up and go but they said I had to let them activate it on the line... so I left, went to Verizon and was able to pick it up in box and leave. (this was about 2 years ago IIRC)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
well the last time it was fine I picked up my phone and left... I could pick up and go, but I ordered online and my Verizon account was already attached to the upgrade. However if you ordered in store they made you stay and they would activate it for you.

One time before I ordered online and just wanted to pick it up and go but they said I had to let them activate it on the line... so I left, went to Verizon and was able to pick it up in box and leave. (this was about 2 years ago IIRC)

That's odd. I have tmobile and ordered from samsung.com simply got the phone and popped in my SIM as usual and went to town. No activation needed because I already had a line.

BigWheelWade

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I finally gave up calling customer support. Hours upon hours on hold with nobody to talk to as to why I selected the 99 package deal back on the 19th, yet my emails say nothing about it. I had come to the realization that I was only getting the free headset and that was that. Out of the blue I got the email to buy the $99 package today from their website at the discounted price! 4 sets now on the way to me! ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170509-173336.jpg
    Screenshot_20170509-173336.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7