06-01-2017 07:38 AM
51 123
tools
    I'm interested to see how much Samsung continues in the development of Bixby.
    Google continuously updates assistant but seeing Samsung track recordgwith her updates it's not to reassuring.
    That said the Bixby does hold promise
    03-30-2017 10:04 AM
    Nope. Will do whatever I can to make it as if it doesn't exist. I'm sure some apps will come out later to either disable or remap the button.
    03-30-2017 10:09 AM
    Nope. Will do whatever I can to make it as if it doesn't exist. I'm sure some apps will come out later to either disable or remap the button.
    Why is that? Just don't use voice commands? Already happy with Google assistant? Just don't want to?
    03-30-2017 10:25 AM
    Bixby seems more for phone stuff and Google Assistant seems mroe for actual non-phone questions....thats how it will be at first atleast
    03-30-2017 10:34 AM
    Why is that? Just don't use voice commands? Already happy with Google assistant? Just don't want to?
    Not likely to use voice commands to navigate around the phone and yes, I'm ok with google assistant. And I don't use samsung apps. I disable all (except for those that breaks functionality of the device) and use the usually better Google or 3rd party version. I also don't like a lot of redundancy so I try to disable/remove anything I can that is duplicative or not of use. Honestly, the only voice things I do on my phone is "Remind me to.....". All these voice assistants out there so I don't need a new one.
    meattray and GibMcFragger like this.
    03-30-2017 10:45 AM
    The fact that it will be context sensitive, able to string multiple commands, and will (according to Samsung, at least) support 3rd party applications means the potential for the technology is pretty staggering.

Bixby could potentially do a LOT of tricks.

Anyone excited to give Bixby a try?-bixby-does-tricks.jpg
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:26 AM
    I'm not much of an AI fan/user but Bixby has me interested for some reason. I could actually see myself using it in certain situations.
    03-30-2017 01:48 PM
    Bixby does not seem to be a direct competitor of ga
    04-03-2017 09:37 AM
    It's not going to be available in Europe so I guess I would use it as google now
    04-03-2017 09:45 AM
    I'm interested in it!

Bixby could have a lot of potential and be great for Samsung!
    I'm definitely interested in trying Bixby. 😃 Anything new that comes out I have to try. The only thing I'm a little confused about is that's Google Assistant comes installed as well? Seems odd having two assistants.

But over the next couple days I'm going to read up about all the features it brings so when I get my hands on the new Galaxy S8 I can test it out!
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    04-03-2017 11:35 AM
    But over the next couple days I'm going to read up about all the features it brings so when I get my hands on the new Galaxy S8 I can test it out!
    Same here. The phone can't come soon enough.
    Matty and ol_jackburton like this.
    04-03-2017 02:38 PM
    The fact that it will be context sensitive, able to string multiple commands, and will (according to Samsung, at least) support 3rd party applications means the potential for the technology is pretty staggering.

Bixby could potentially do a LOT of tricks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bixby-does-tricks.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	255369
    That was a great show, but alas like a lot of ones i like it did not last long.
    04-12-2017 09:24 AM
    Although I'm looking forward to giving Bixby a try, I'm disappointed that it will not be fully ready by the time we get our phones. I can't believe that Samsung would brag about Bixby and then cripple it before its debut.
    04-12-2017 09:47 AM
    Although I'm looking forward to giving Bixby a try, I'm disappointed that it will not be fully ready by the time we get our phones. I can't believe that Samsung would brag about Bixby and then cripple it be for its debut.
    I agree with you 100%! Not that everyone was excited about it, but it was one of Samsung's selling points and is interesting. Now it isn't going to be ready until a future undetermined date. Not cool at all!
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-12-2017 09:53 AM
    Although I'm looking forward to giving Bixby a try, I'm disappointed that it will not be fully ready by the time we get our phones. I can't believe that Samsung would brag about Bixby and then cripple it be for its debut.
    Yep.. Sucks for those who wanted it. I personally will just keep using Google Assistant since it works the same on other devices.
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-12-2017 09:54 AM
    Well if you are in the US and UK. You are probably going to have to wait. Meh...It wasn't a selling point for me anyway.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/samsung...ith-galaxy-s8/
    04-12-2017 05:27 PM
    Nope, not at all.
    The Phone Company likes this.
    04-12-2017 05:35 PM
    I'll give it a go. If it complements my needs ill use it, if not I'll disable it..........hope it can be disabled. I wonder if the button can be remapped for a single direct dial?
    04-12-2017 05:43 PM
    Well if you are in the US and UK. You are probably going to have to wait. Meh...It wasn't a selling point for me anyway.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/samsung...ith-galaxy-s8/
    it will work at launch. bixby voice just wont. all other functions of bixby will. you just cant say "hey bixby" and activate it
    04-12-2017 07:44 PM
    Very excited about bixby! I think it will be great.
    04-12-2017 09:06 PM
    Very excited about bixby! I think it will be great.
    It certainly has a lot of potential!
    04-12-2017 09:38 PM
    The more I see or hear about it, the thing just looks like a not even half-baked attempt at something that we don't need. I mean what really is the point? So we can give the phone voice commands to do things our hands have been doing for 15 years? On a phone, I don't need it to adjust screen brightness for me I can handle that perfectly fine myself. As far as the contextual stuff, its a waste of time. We have Google super powerful algorithms for just about any informational need. The fact that Sammy actually put a dedicated button on the phone for that Crispy crap is funny to me...it can't get re-mapped quick enough...
    The Phone Company likes this.
    04-15-2017 11:08 PM
    I need Bixby to remind me where I left me damn keys every morning!
    04-15-2017 11:38 PM
    "Anyone excited to give Bixby a try?"

Never! Still wishing that they made it customizable to remap it to different applications.
    05-31-2017 09:37 PM
    Given the dates of the postings it appears that the enthusiasm for Bixby is on the wane.
    05-31-2017 09:51 PM
51 123